CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Curing caapi leaf Options

Hieronymous
#1 Posted : 6/7/2014 12:17:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is for the members out there lucky enough to live in a climate where caapi will grow.

I've always found caapi to be a real pain to roll into a blunt because of the way dried leaf tends to have a "slippery" feel to it, it's not really slippery but for me I can never roll it without heaps of hassle.

Recently my vine got blasted by 120 km/h near freezing winds and it really smashed the plant. A few weeks later the injured leaves that died on the vine were still hanging on the plant, so I collected a few and found they have a consistency a lot like tobacco. It's very easy to roll, burns cooler and is a much better smoke. I don't know if it's self suggestion but to me changa blends seem more effective in this cooler burning mix and taste a lot better too.

So now all my caapi leaves that I smoke are purposely damaged by snapping the petiole at the base of the leaf and then left to cure on the vine. The leaves turn an awesome looking golden brown colour and have a higher moisture content than fresh harvested dry leaves and it just tastes much better to me.

I really don't foresee much feedback from this post but someone may find it useful.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Earthwalker
#2 Posted : 6/8/2014 9:57:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll remember that for when my little fella starts to yeild a decent amount enough to harvest I should say , thanks mate Thumbs up

pinkoyd
#3 Posted : 6/9/2014 1:38:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

Thanks for that. Having just recently discovered the joys of smoking leaf I will give it a try. I was very surpised to find how mild a smoke it is to begin with. I simply shade dried a bunch of leaf and was impressed with it even that way. Very smooth when compared to many other herbs when prepared similarly.

We're just coming full swing into summer so it'll be interesting to see what kind of results I get.
I already asked Alice.