CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Graham Hancock goes changa Options

gilga_mesh
#1 Posted : 1/8/2014 12:12:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just found this on my Facebook last night. Graham Hancock posted this, so all credits go to him:

for those that have a FB account:, the article has already over 200 comments.
https://www.facebook.com...p?fbid=10152189121162354

Graham Hancock:
"A few evenings ago, somewhere in Albion, six sovereign adults, taking full responsibility for their own consciousness and their own bodies, gathered for sacred ceremony with changa, a herbal mixture rich in monamine oxidase inhibitors and infused with the forbidden fruit of DMT. I was one of those adults and the two bowls I smoked were respectively my twelfth and thirteenth journeys with inhaled DMT. I have done regular work with DMT over the years in its incarnation in the Ayahuasca brew, more than 50 journeys since 2003, but as everybody who chooses to explore these realms knows, drinking Ayahuasca is special, there is usually a fair degree of negotiation with the brew, the experience is drawn out over several hours and the loving spirit of the vine, Gaian mother of our planet, is the guiding hand. Although there are points of contact and similarity, smoked DMT is very different, a rocket ship to the other side of realty, short acting but extremely intense and with no possibility of negotiation if you get the dose right. So I undertook my two recent changa journeys with a considerable degree of trepidation -- particularly so since the last time I smoked DMT (then in its pure form rather than changa) I had one of the most challenging and frankly terrifying experiences of my life (see about half way through this article for my account of that previous experience which took place on 30 September 2011: http://www.grahamhancock.com/forum/HancockG3.php).

I am happy to say that the two bowls of changa I smoked a few evenings ago treated me much more gently. Contrary to reports I have read about changa I was only fully immersed in the experience for 5 or 6 minutes with each bowl, a few minutes less than with pure DMT. While I was in, however, I was really in and it was unmistakably the DMT realm that I had entered, unutterably alien and strange, yet eerily familiar from my previous journeys -- known territory the essence of which, paradoxically, is to remain forever unknowable.

There is a magician at work in these realms of ultimate enchantment and what he showed me (I always experience smoked DMT as a male energy, and always experience Ayahuasca as a female energy) were evolving, living artworks of line and light in colours and arrangements so fantastic and extraordinary that they stunned and astonished me. These creations were loaded, packed, stuffed to bursting point with what felt like millions of terabytes of coded information waiting to be unzipped and deciphered somehow, sometime, when I'm ready to handle it. "Take a look at this", the magician seemed to be saying, and he would draw out a design between his extended hands and fingers, a design filled with meaning and sentience and fearsome, poignant beauty that was at times so overwhelming, so full-on, so relentless that I panicked and opened my eyes in an attempt to stop it bearing down on me. "How about this," he'd say, or "have a quick peek over here," or "what about this one" -- with each glimpse showing me more numinous, awe-inspiring, imposing, scintillating, glittering, implacable majesty.

And what came with the "show" were breathtaking feelings -- intuitions, presentiments -- of the love and mystery that energise and infuse the cosmos, operating at the grand universal scale and reaching down, in ever-reverberating fractals, as above, so below, to the realm of individual consciousness. As I phased back into that realm I looked up through the glass ceiling of our ceremonial space to the stars lighting the sky and then down again to the others watching over me and understood that we whose privilege it is to have been born in a human body are united with the eternal and the ineffable and that our purpose here is to give love and explore mystery to the limit of our ability.

There are immense forces infiltrating our society and narrowing our minds that work against this mission. Indeed that great mystic William Blake (28 November 1757 -- 12 August 1827) was right when he wrote: "If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern."

Useful background article on changa here: http://realitysandwich.c...nga_evolution_ayahuasca/

Some great links on DMT in general: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt.shtml

An article that is skeptical of the parallel realms theory of DMT here: http://www.psychologytod...liens-and-reality-part-1

Blake's "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell" here: http://www.levity.com/alchemy/blake_ma.html

Painting, "Eve Tempted by the Serpent", by William Blake (Wikimedia Commons) "
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

#2 Posted : 1/8/2014 12:34:39 PM

Game Master

I really like Hancock and his work, but he failed to mention in his listed references the most comprehensive place in the world for all things DMT, that off course being the Nexus.

For those interested in his relatively new branching out into fiction, you should check out his novel Entangled, in which there are fictional accounts of injected DMT ala the Rick Stassman way (he has a fictional doctor in the book performing similar tests with injected DMT) and aya ceremonies. Thought the novel is problematic in certain respects, as this is his first work of fiction, it's still worth a read.
Fear, belief, love phenomena that determined the course of our lives. These forces begin long before we are born and continue after we perish. We cross and recross our old paths like figure skaters; our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.
---David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas

gilga_mesh
#3 Posted : 1/8/2014 12:37:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

112233 wrote:
I really like Hancock and his work, but he failed to mention in his listed references the most comprehensive place in the world for all things DMT, that off course being the Nexus.

Hehe, I'm not sure if he even knows of its existence. If he would, he'd certainly would mention it.

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.
Only I will remain.

#4 Posted : 1/8/2014 1:09:19 PM

Game Master

gilga_mesh wrote:
112233 wrote:

Hehe, I'm not sure if he even knows of its existence. If he would, he'd certainly would mention it.

True, but the more I thought about, I think it's actually a good thing he didn't mention it. I don't think we want a bunch of Facebook kids flooding over.
Fear, belief, love phenomena that determined the course of our lives. These forces begin long before we are born and continue after we perish. We cross and recross our old paths like figure skaters; our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Amygdala
#5 Posted : 1/8/2014 1:29:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thats funny… I remember watching an interview with Hancock in which he described his smoked fb DMT experiences as terrifying, and thinking I wonder if he knows about changa. I don't think I would have continued down this path if all that I had accessible was freebase DMT, its just too fast and jarring for my taste… and something essential is missing for me. Once I made my first batch of changa, the floodgates opened and this impasse became a doorway
“What goes on inside is just too fast and huge and all interconnected for words to do more than barely sketch the outlines of at most one tiny little part of it at any given instant.” - David Foster Wallace

gilga_mesh
#6 Posted : 1/8/2014 1:30:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

112233 wrote:
gilga_mesh wrote:
112233 wrote:

True, but the more I thought about, I think it's actually a good thing he didn't mention it. I don't think we want a bunch of Facebook kids flooding over.

Well, I think those that subscribe to Graham are not your "typical" Facebook kids. Its not like everyone can see his stuff. And judging from the comments I saw on his article, those people all seem to be like minded just like the people on this forum. I'm using Facebook too, but I wouldn't think of myself as a typical user. I use it to stay updated with things I'm interested in (like Hancock for instance) and close friends. That's it. And there are quite some nice spice orientated Facebook pages with valuable infos on FB too Smile
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.
Only I will remain.

Metanoia
#7 Posted : 1/8/2014 8:27:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just read this on my FB too. I really like Graham as a spokesperson for 'the sovereignty of consciousness' as he puts it. He's very well spoken, kind, and honest. I really enjoy his fiction as well. Great human being all around Smile

3rdI
#8 Posted : 1/8/2014 8:42:58 PM

veni, vidi, spici

Hancock's a good egg, i'm glad someone changafied himTwisted Evil Love
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Elpo
#9 Posted : 1/8/2014 9:33:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I saw the post on facebook as well and was expecting him to mention the Nexus too Sad
I have recently received his book Entangled, still haven't read it though.

On Hancock, I think he is a very intelligent person with an open mind, his ideas seem very logic and I appreciate his honesty in his opinion and most of all the fact that he is fearless in sharing it with the world.

"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

universecannon
#10 Posted : 1/9/2014 1:24:47 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

yay, changa ftw, ffs! Thumbs up

Anywho, awareness of the nexus seems relatively small compared to erowid, even if we have more in depth and reliable info on DMT... I still wouldn't be surprised if he knows about us though, however vaguely. Doesn't really matter to me either way Smile

And I can't say I'm really worried about "facebook kids" flooding us from Graham's page Very happy

His fans are mostly psychonaut/intellectual types, of many ages...most of whom would probably fit right in here anyways Razz

...so... by all means....join us! Twisted Evil

we could use some fresh pineals!

Really though I do love Graham and even got to speak with him once very briefly... Although to be honest I find his thoughts surrounding topics like those in like fingerprints of the gods often times more interesting than his musings on psychedelics, for the most part at least, but of course he does have some unique and interesting things to say about them to. Most of it though is things that many of us here are already very familiar with. I guess I'm just spoiled through being around all of you folks who can rave about psychedelics just as well if not better, and -now, i don't mean to boost egos here- but many of you are actually more experienced than him in that realm as well

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

gilga_mesh
#11 Posted : 1/10/2014 3:19:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

in addition:

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.
Only I will remain.

CatchThirtyThr33
#12 Posted : 1/11/2014 8:52:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Glad to hear that he didn't dismiss inhaled DMT after his previous negative experiences with it. Hancock is definitely a valuable mind to have on our side, glad to hear that he is continuing his exploration.

Doodazzle
#13 Posted : 1/13/2014 6:25:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gilga_mesh wrote:
in addition:

I enjoyed Rogan and Hancocks conversation--even though I muchly agree with this:

universecannon wrote:
Really though I do love Graham and even got to speak with him once very briefly... Although to be honest I find his thoughts surrounding topics like those in like fingerprints of the gods often times more interesting than his musings on psychedelics, for the most part at least, but of course he does have some unique and interesting things to say about them to. Most of it though is things that many of us here are already very familiar with. I guess I'm just spoiled through being around all of you folks who can rave about psychedelics just as well if not better, and -now, i don't mean to boost egos here- but many of you are actually more experienced than him in that realm as well

Actually, I rather like some of what Hancock has to say about dmt and ayahuasca. not groundbreaking stuff mind you, but I rather agree with some of his views and like the way he presents them--not as facts, not presenting himself as any sort of spokesperson, not attention seeking--and, he presents the dark side as well--without fear-mongering. Rogans not bad either. He mildly annoyed me in the past, but he's chilled out a bit, has a good heart and his podcast is alright in my book.

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

#14 Posted : 1/13/2014 6:48:42 PM

Game Master

Joe Rogan is a great podcast. Check out Duncan Trussell's very funny podcast, The Duncan Trussell Family Hour. He has a good interview with Hancock, and at the end he plays the Ted Talk that they banned because it didn't tow the Ted party line and advocated aya and the responsible exploration of ones own consciousness via the plant teachers. It was a great talk, and Ted banned it, so I banned Ted from my world; they've discredited themselves.
112233 attached the following image(s):
image.jpg (572kb) downloaded 392 time(s).

Doodazzle
#15 Posted : 1/14/2014 12:30:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah--I watched Hancocks TED talk last night actually. He hits about 10 nails square on the head in a row. TED messed up big time when they censored two excellent talks-- by Hancock and Sheldrake. However, in response to public outcry they put them back up. i think they are in an off-to-the-side region of the TED site....but whatever. The censors lost that one. They left up the originally posted reasons for the censorship--crossed out, and posted Grahams and Shedlrakes rebuttals--not crossed out.

http://blog.ted.com/2013/03/14/...ck-and-rupert-sheldrake/

So yeah, TED messed up--but I can't hold it against them.

Also, in Hancocks talk, he shows a Martina Hoffman painting that I hadn't seen before:

click me I am beauty

That's a lie--I seen this before! Smile on Syrian rue + mushrooms -- Gaia/Tiamat, in all her resplendent and multipharious glory. But that's another story!

I'll check out Duncan Trussell tonight.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

skoobysnax
#16 Posted : 6/16/2014 12:54:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

gilga_mesh wrote:
I just found this on my Facebook last night. Graham Hancock posted this, so all credits go to him:

for those that have a FB account:, the article has already over 200 comments.
https://www.facebook.com...p?fbid=10152189121162354

Graham Hancock:
"A few evenings ago, somewhere in Albion, six sovereign adults, taking full responsibility for their own consciousness and their own bodies, gathered for sacred ceremony with changa, a herbal mixture rich in monamine oxidase inhibitors and infused with the forbidden fruit of DMT. I was one of those adults and the two bowls I smoked were respectively my twelfth and thirteenth journeys with inhaled DMT. I have done regular work with DMT over the years in its incarnation in the Ayahuasca brew, more than 50 journeys since 2003, but as everybody who chooses to explore these realms knows, drinking Ayahuasca is special, there is usually a fair degree of negotiation with the brew, the experience is drawn out over several hours and the loving spirit of the vine, Gaian mother of our planet, is the guiding hand. Although there are points of contact and similarity, smoked DMT is very different, a rocket ship to the other side of realty, short acting but extremely intense and with no possibility of negotiation if you get the dose right. So I undertook my two recent changa journeys with a considerable degree of trepidation -- particularly so since the last time I smoked DMT (then in its pure form rather than changa) I had one of the most challenging and frankly terrifying experiences of my life (see about half way through this article for my account of that previous experience which took place on 30 September 2011: http://www.grahamhancock.com/forum/HancockG3.php).

I am happy to say that the two bowls of changa I smoked a few evenings ago treated me much more gently. Contrary to reports I have read about changa I was only fully immersed in the experience for 5 or 6 minutes with each bowl, a few minutes less than with pure DMT. While I was in, however, I was really in and it was unmistakably the DMT realm that I had entered, unutterably alien and strange, yet eerily familiar from my previous journeys -- known territory the essence of which, paradoxically, is to remain forever unknowable.

There is a magician at work in these realms of ultimate enchantment and what he showed me (I always experience smoked DMT as a male energy, and always experience Ayahuasca as a female energy) were evolving, living artworks of line and light in colours and arrangements so fantastic and extraordinary that they stunned and astonished me. These creations were loaded, packed, stuffed to bursting point with what felt like millions of terabytes of coded information waiting to be unzipped and deciphered somehow, sometime, when I'm ready to handle it. "Take a look at this", the magician seemed to be saying, and he would draw out a design between his extended hands and fingers, a design filled with meaning and sentience and fearsome, poignant beauty that was at times so overwhelming, so full-on, so relentless that I panicked and opened my eyes in an attempt to stop it bearing down on me. "How about this," he'd say, or "have a quick peek over here," or "what about this one" -- with each glimpse showing me more numinous, awe-inspiring, imposing, scintillating, glittering, implacable majesty.

And what came with the "show" were breathtaking feelings -- intuitions, presentiments -- of the love and mystery that energise and infuse the cosmos, operating at the grand universal scale and reaching down, in ever-reverberating fractals, as above, so below, to the realm of individual consciousness. As I phased back into that realm I looked up through the glass ceiling of our ceremonial space to the stars lighting the sky and then down again to the others watching over me and understood that we whose privilege it is to have been born in a human body are united with the eternal and the ineffable and that our purpose here is to give love and explore mystery to the limit of our ability.

There are immense forces infiltrating our society and narrowing our minds that work against this mission. Indeed that great mystic William Blake (28 November 1757 -- 12 August 1827) was right when he wrote: "If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern."

Useful background article on changa here: http://realitysandwich.c...nga_evolution_ayahuasca/

Some great links on DMT in general: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt.shtml

An article that is skeptical of the parallel realms theory of DMT here: http://www.psychologytod...liens-and-reality-part-1

Blake's "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell" here: http://www.levity.com/alchemy/blake_ma.html

Painting, "Eve Tempted by the Serpent", by William Blake (Wikimedia Commons) "

William Blake had a natural connect to hyperspace methinks. So glad Hancock can use his position as a spokeperson to help alleviate the view of psycedelic use as a thing for only dangerous people. I finally made my first changa. The moment is near Smile

Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

hopefull
#17 Posted : 6/16/2014 5:02:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

112233 wrote:
Joe Rogan is a great podcast. Check out Duncan Trussell's very funny podcast, The Duncan Trussell Family Hour. He has a good interview with Hancock, and at the end he plays the Ted Talk that those tards banned because it didn't tow the Ted party line and advocated aya and the responsible exploration of ones own consciousness via the plant teachers. It was a great talk, and Ted banned it, so I banned Ted from my world; they've discredited themselves.

You seemed to like to advocate Duncan Trussell a lot . Either you just really like him or you are Duncan Trussell?! I have yet to identify a celebrity on the nexus but I intend to soon enough! Ha
A single truth in a world of lies