CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Chaliponga IPA Soak Question Options

Strangeling
#1 Posted : 12/23/2013 4:50:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've seen a few posts mention soaking 10g of chali and 10g of caapi in 99% IPA for a month, then evaping to onto calea or another herb for a spicy smoke mix. Has anyone have any success with this method? Perhaps even broken through?

Thanks very much, any info would be tremendously helpful!Big grin
When you're strange...faces come out of the rain...When you're strange...no one remembers your name...

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Entheogenerator
#2 Posted : 12/23/2013 9:57:51 AM

Homo discens

I haven't tried this method, but I would recommend at least basifying with calcium hydroxide before you pull with IPA. You'd be much better off if the alkaloids in your chali-changa were freebased rather than remaining in their natural salt forms. I don't even know if DMT salts are active when vaporized, but they definitely have a much higher boiling point.

Personally, if I were you, I would just go with a full IPA extraction like the one Jamie describes in this thread, then make changa from the final product. It seems like a pretty simple extraction, it would likely yield a more active changa mix, and it would almost certainly produce a smoother one to smoke as well. Thumbs up
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude Page โ‹ Health & Safety โ‹ FAQ โ‹ Known Substance Interactions โ‹ Extraction Teks โ‹ The Machine

Strangeling
#3 Posted : 12/23/2013 4:14:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the replyThumbs up .
Funny thing is I tried jamies tek with a small amount of chali(around 5 grams) last week and yeilded a bunch of salt that crashed out in the 'let sit for 24hrs' stage. Definitely does not vaporize like FB crystal, but has some oral activity though kinda nauseating. Poured the IPA from into another jar and gonna see if more salt crystals crash out, then when I'm sure its clean gonna filter again and evap. The salt has a faint aroma of spice when burned, but melts into a wax (unlike MHRB spice) and burns totally black after (again unlike MHRB spice), very hesitant of vaporizing this salt as I am not 100% sure what it is and does not look like the crystals in jamies pics.
When you're strange...faces come out of the rain...When you're strange...no one remembers your name...

Entheogenerator
#4 Posted : 12/23/2013 10:51:23 PM

Homo discens

Hm. Interesting. I'm not sure what to tell ya about those. Did you use 99% IPA? How much sodium carbonate did you use?

I hope the evaporation leaves you with a nice final product as intended Smile
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude Page โ‹ Health & Safety โ‹ FAQ โ‹ Known Substance Interactions โ‹ Extraction Teks โ‹ The Machine

Strangeling
#5 Posted : 12/23/2013 11:45:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just evaped an eyedropper full and ended up with a very small amount of needle like clear crystals, so its looking good so far Thumbs up though it is really oily!

endlessness
#6 Posted : 12/24/2013 12:28:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I`d also basify plant material before pulling. IPA might not be that good in dissolving whatever salt form of DMT is naturally in the plant.

If you don`t you might get, appart from fatty acids from the plant, smaller amounts of alkaloids, but I bet it`s not an efficient way.