CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
cactus changa? Options

Parshvik Chintan
#1 Posted : 9/8/2013 10:45:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
I have smoked cactus chips and gotten very mild results..but def more than placebo...

has anyone tried dried cactus (green flesh) in their changa?
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ๆจน

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

changalvia
#2 Posted : 9/8/2013 4:49:38 PM

eat your jungle oats

Hi PC

Have you ever tried to smoke dried out cactus?

Back in 2010, me and a buddy cut up a baby dried up san pedro and each smoked 3 pipes, it was handled much the same like marijuana

Produced an effect, like my core was being twisted with a similar stoning effect to marijuana. As Jamie said def not placebo

I read somewhere once that smoking it would be a bad idea but I can't tell you why or link you to where I read it

We smoked a full mix of cactus, so I guess if you prepped the outer green layer, one pipe would do it.

Obv just try it before you make some enhanced leaf.. If that's good makes enhanced leaf. And if that's good make some chang

And let us know Smile
With every great plan comes the pleasure of patience. Take a rest, and grab a suckle off the teat of life!

dreamer042
#3 Posted : 9/8/2013 5:59:28 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I smoked a dried peyote button with a friend, a distinct but very light head-change creeped up over a few minutes and lingered for about 45 mins or so before tapering off, the whole experience lasted around an hour and was barely above thresh hold. Being generous I'd give it a + on the Shulgin scale, being conservative a +/-.

Similar effects with similar duration were noted when smoking torch chips on a different occasion, they were smoked in larger quantity (couple of larger bowls as opposed to the small peyote one) without much more effect. Something was there, it lasted around an hour as well with the slow come on and taper off but was just barely on the threshold of effects. Again a + would be generous here.

It seems there is something active in smoked cactus. Extracts may very well be worthy of further investigation.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

universecannon
#4 Posted : 9/8/2013 6:08:13 PM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

I haven't tried it in changa but i did the resin tek on some achuma once and smoked a bit of the results

It seemed to have a mild affect...but i smoked it after some cannabis so its hard to tease apart just what it did... i had some peculiar hallucinations (seeing things as other things) that were pretty different than what i get from cannabis alone

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

mew
#5 Posted : 9/8/2013 8:36:51 PM

huachumancer

id rather use ariocarpus fissuratus, its tubules give pronounced stoning and tracer effects

changalvia
#6 Posted : 9/9/2013 5:26:41 AM

eat your jungle oats

mew wrote:
id rather use ariocarpus fissuratus, its tubules give pronounced stoning and tracer effects

Sounds radical Pleased
With every great plan comes the pleasure of patience. Take a rest, and grab a suckle off the teat of life!

Auxin
#7 Posted : 9/9/2013 6:41:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd be more interested in comparisons of purified alkaloidal (or at least de-oxalated) extracts versus equivalent quantities of cactus flesh.
Calcium oxalate is quite common in cacti.
Heating Calcium oxalate gives carbon monoxide gas.
Many of the activity reports sound like low level carbon monoxide poisoning.
Wut?
If thats the case, its far from healthy.

'Full spectrum deoxalateification extraction' ( Laughing ) could conceivably be accomplished by aqueous extraction followed by addition of a quantity of calcium citrate to precipitate soluble oxalate followed by centrifugation to remove precipitated oxalate, evaporation, and alcohol extraction to remove most residual calcium.

jamie
#8 Posted : 9/9/2013 6:47:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

no this is not carbon monoxide poisoning. It was for sure a mescaline effect. I have smoked concentrated cacti resin in a bong and I got all the symptoms of low level mescaline effects. I had a visual saturation of colors with an aura like glow, and strong empathogenic state for about an hour with stimulation.
Long live the unwoke.

BecometheOther
#9 Posted : 9/9/2013 8:23:38 PM

metamorhpasizer

Is there a way to get full on mescaline effects though
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

DiMiTriX
#10 Posted : 9/9/2013 9:20:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

no way..sorry Laughing
Tz'is aná

DiMiTriX
#11 Posted : 9/9/2013 9:22:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

couse resin protect mescaline from burning probably..like dmt 'resin' could be better than cristal dmt if you've not a good smoking device
Tz'is aná

Parshvik Chintan
#12 Posted : 9/10/2013 1:39:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Auxin wrote:
Calcium oxalate is quite common in cacti.
Heating Calcium oxalate gives carbon monoxide gas.
Many of the activity reports sound like low level carbon monoxide poisoning.
Wut?
If thats the case, its far from healthy.

well that is disconcerting.
are the amounts of carbon monoxide gas given off by heating small amounts of cactus flesh more than negligible?
in this thread they try to burn what is presumed to be calcium oxalate, and it doesn't seem to burn at all in any significant way..

also i can't seem to find any information on significant content of calcium oxalate outside of druses
but here is what little related info i could find:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc.../jclinpath00368-0063.pdf
http://www.plantphysiol.org/content/128/2/707.full (about druses)

also could one convert the oxalate into something less harmful?
they say dissolving in acid would change the salt form (acetic>acetate citric>citrate etc), would freebasing it then result in something other than oxalate?
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ๆจน

Kohan
#13 Posted : 9/10/2013 6:30:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Excuse myself but doesn't every organic matter smoke produce carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide... Carboxylic acid are very widespread in nature Very happy

the reason why cacti doesn't go full mode its because of the metabolism that mescaline goes thru is not the same as oral, they tested mescaline on receptor and it hit :
Alpha2C, 5ht2b, 5ht1a, Imidazoline1, 5ht1e, Alpha2A;
hence the main reason why mesc is so slow to go full mode is that it isnt mescaline that is active at least from what i know but a metabolite, but of course im a fool and know nothing.

Auxin
#14 Posted : 9/10/2013 9:23:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Burning any plant matter with insufficient oxygen does indeed produce carbon monoxide.
Pyrolysis of calcium oxalate, however, can produce a pure stream of carbon monoxide
CaC2O4 + heat ---> CaCO3 + CO
(Thats a variation of a cool old-school reaction for making ketones from calcium carboxylates, for the chem fans)
Questions remaining are what temp is needed, how much reacts with oxygen to then become CO2, what about other oxalates and hydrogen oxalates that are in some cactus flesh.
In real world situations none of this is known, no money for research into smoking spinach and rhubarb Laughing

I hadnt thought about alkaloid oxalates... but a calcium salt will precipitate calcium oxalate from just about any source due to the near insolubility of calcium oxalate (7 parts per million in saturated solution).

Kyle109
#15 Posted : 9/11/2013 8:33:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

this is interesting Smile
im no expert at all, but would it not be possible to dissolve a gram of mescaline hcl/sulphate and a gram of extracted white dmt into a gram of herbs using acetone? Then leave it to evaporate? Creating mescaline/dmt enhanced leaf?
"We don't take DMT; DMT takes us." - Robert Hunter

changalvia
#16 Posted : 9/11/2013 11:25:53 AM

eat your jungle oats

I think a freebase form would be more suited to smoking / vaporising, depending on vaporisation point tho, its obv not the same as spice's so might not get that optimal equilibrium Pleased

Plus solvents might differ, but not sure on that. Nothing that can't be worked around tho

Its something I wanna try someday... Vaping mesc freebase. If anybody has some info on why it shouldn't be done please drop it here

highRvibratoryfreq
#17 Posted : 9/30/2013 1:44:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice thread!

I believe adding free based non mescaline alkaloids from cactus extracts eg from peruvian torch.
Adds a whole new dimension to the changa experience in terms of the duration and the quality of the experience.
And I personally think this opens up a whole new avenue of exploration using different cactus strains
With different alkaloid profiles.
I don't know if adding just pure mescaline would work so well as the amount needed would be very high and I can't see how the quantity in the blend could be balanced..

I would love to hear some more scientifically minded people's opinions on how the free based non mescaline alkaloids can make such a big difference to the experience. As I'm quite sure it's a lot more than just placebo...