CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Solitary Spiritual Retreats for Healing Options

No Knowing
#1 Posted : 2/19/2013 9:04:25 PM

fool adept

Hey just got back from a one week retreat in a hermitage. No internet, phones, or interpersonal contact that whole time. Read alot, worked on composing music, exercised, and meditated pretty much the whole time. Did me well. I didn't bring any psychs because I wanted to try it without them this time but I will likely bring a few next time. Twisted Evil

This website has lots of information for "solitary seekers"

TAT Foundation

This part of the website has lists of retreat centers and hermitages in North America. [other countries are also listed]

Solitary Spiritual Retreat Facilities

Was really nice to just worry about yourself one day at a time and take your time cooking and eating healthy food.

Highly recommended. Thumbs up

In the province of the mind what one believes to be true, either is true or becomes true within certain limits. These limits are to be found experimentally and experientially. When so found these limits turn out to be further beliefs to be transcended. In the province of the mind there are no limits. However, in the province of the body there are definite limits not to be transcended.-J.C. Lilly
The Spice must flow
Zat was Zen and dis is Dao.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

DeDao
#2 Posted : 2/20/2013 2:12:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing.

I have looked into a 3 month long cabin retreat in the mountains.

If I do it sometime in the future I would go by a strict buddhist regiment.

Only eating certain grains and only one serving of fruit/candy a day Crying or very sad

Having to chop your wood for the day just to stay warm that night..

It's amazing stuff.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to a cabin for 3 months, let alone have the money for renting one!

I also wouldn't mind trying a silent retreat.

Thanks for posting though.

"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."