DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
How to smoke changa? Options

Ancient Realms
#1 Posted : 11/2/2012 5:23:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

changa is for direct flame. changa is easy

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

MachineElf88
#2 Posted : 11/2/2012 11:42:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds easy in theory but I've been having trouble getting any CEVs with changa. It normally takes 3 bowls of 60mg 1:1 changa to get any at all.

I'm experimenting with different smoking methods but have yet to find the right technique.
I've tried normal and torch lighters, just getting a cherry lit and then inhaling slowly and also using the ceramic filter of my GVG which fits perfectly in the bowl of my glass water bong.

So far I've only had 1 really good changa experience from numerous attempts.

Purges
#3 Posted : 11/2/2012 11:59:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I vape mine.
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

MelCat
#4 Posted : 11/2/2012 4:03:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When I smoke changa, I prefer to use a bong or a joint.

When using a bong, I'll hold the flame at least an inch away from the bowl and slowly vaporize so that the flame never directly touches the bowl. After a little while, the changa will ignite itself and begin to cherry up.

I've found that this makes the changa a little smoother and doesn't smell quite as foul.

It seems when I try to vape changa in the GVG it doesn't really get everything.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

VIII
#5 Posted : 11/2/2012 4:09:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If using a pipe (I prefer water-pipes, bubblers, bongs) I usually just pack the bowl with Changa until full instead of weighing a dose. You can weigh your doses, but with Changa I just go until gone.

I'll make a pyramid/cone at the top and middle of the bowl so the bowl cherries easily.

When lighting it I use a standard BIC lighter, but don't actually touch the flame to the Changa. I'll hover the flame an inch or so above the bowl and inhale gently to pull the heat from the flame. It only takes a few moments before the top of the pyramid/cone ignites and spreads down to the outsides of the bowl.

If I happened to inhale too much air while lightning I'll breathe out quickly and then begin inhaling the Changa, but usually this isn't necessary. Inhale until reality is falling apart, then take one more inhalation and buh-bye.... Shocked HELLO Laughing

Grab yourself a bong for it and you won't regret it Love Bubblers are nice as well. My experience with the Essential Vaporizer and Enhanced Leaf was disappointing, but the device itself is not ideal.

edit: melcat stole my thoughts from the universe. BravoThumbs up
The inner soul is full of joy. Reveal my secrets and sew me whole. With each day, "I" heeds your call.
You may not care the slightest and may not be the brightest, but from here "I" sees you're mighty for you created it all.

And the jumbling sea rose above the wall.

Through this chaos comes the order you enthrall.

acacian
#6 Posted : 11/5/2012 8:04:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

bong for me Smile its a great way to blast off! a 1:1 blend generally breaks me through with one medium sized cone piece packed to the top....we usually use metal cone pieces in australia which are a bit differen't to the classic "bowls" used elsewhere

changa is great in a joint too for a more mellow slowed down experience.. if you have enough changa. 25:75 blends are awesome for joints

Parshvik Chintan
#7 Posted : 11/5/2012 9:12:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

acacian wrote:
changa is great in a joint too for a more mellow slowed down experience.. if you have enough changa. 25:75 blends are awesome for joints

i find it tends to be easier to glean insights off the molecule as things are a bit more slowed down (if less visual, but i for this work i like to get to the realm of mildish OEV).

IME it seems smoking hashish seems to sustain it, so i typically do that about 15 mins into or so.
i have yet to try this after drinking MAOI but it seems like it may be the way to go for me.

but sometimes a good pinch of change vaped just right in a nice big bong has its benefits too Razz
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

#8 Posted : 11/5/2012 4:41:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Typically just a standard pipe for changa. As said above...BONG. My strongest experience out of hundreds of experiences was with a bong, taking it all in one hit. Big grin Twisted Evil Shocked Drool Thumbs up

balaganist
#9 Posted : 12/4/2012 11:19:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Parshvik Chintan wrote:
acacian wrote:

i find it tends to be easier to glean insights off the molecule as things are a bit more slowed down (if less visual, but i for this work i like to get to the realm of mildish OEV).

IME it seems smoking hashish seems to sustain it, so i typically do that about 15 mins into or so.
i have yet to try this after drinking MAOI but it seems like it may be the way to go for me.

but sometimes a good pinch of change vaped just right in a nice big bong has its benefits too Razz

Be careful with hash/weed if you are drinking aya.... I had one really bad experience after one of my first solo beautiful aya experiences... decided to smoke a little joint and wish I hadn't...
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

Pihuechenyi
#10 Posted : 12/4/2012 10:18:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bought myself a bong today. I had always used a GVG with freebase and have had some great experiences but changa in a bong was something different. I have tried vaping changa in the GVG, which i know works for some, but it didn't really get me anywhere I wanted to go. I wonder if the differences in success between people is down to the relative strengths of different blends. Mine is a 10x caapi 1-1 based on Ice House's recommendations for a caapi heavy changa.

The bong this evening gave me the seductive experience I have imagined from reading other people's descriptions but never have had. Blue flames started appearing and floating around in the air, Carbon Based Lifeforms on the stereo, and it wasn't long until hyperspace started bursting through the seams of this fragile reality with things that are impossible. How do I describe this to my girlfriend without sounding crazy?

I'm glad I have my GVG but my £10 bong and changa is how i'll be journeying this weekend. I can't wait to see what it is like to slide into hyperspace this way. I have had a couple of terrifying journeys with freebase recently but this is going to be such a great journey with changa.

acacian
#11 Posted : 12/4/2012 11:56:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yep i echo the bong idea.. i only ever use a bong for smoking spice or changa.. works a charm. and is just a fun way to smoke if your lungs are accustomed to smoke

Dr_Sister
#12 Posted : 12/5/2012 2:38:58 AM

Synaptic cleft explorer

Chemical expert | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, MarketingSenior Member | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, Marketing

GVG all the way with Changa!

universecannon
#13 Posted : 12/5/2012 3:11:09 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

i love both the bong and gvg route. can't decide which i like more really

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Donline
#14 Posted : 3/3/2013 1:42:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I feel Xchanga burns a lot slower (better for bongs) compared to my normal 0.5/0.5 Caapi/DMT

Think i'll stick with that... me and my joints agree Thumbs up
"See- Do- Know- Share-
"Your Beginning To Believe"

Silly(c)One
#15 Posted : 3/24/2013 5:10:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Depends on what you guys call changa...
Real changa (with added harmalines) is useless in a GVG, as the harmalas need a much higher temp than 200C.
You effectively only vaporize DMT and some leaf material that way, most harmaline will stay untouched as it needs some 340C if memory serves.

I for one, like my joints a lot.
As I use loads of harmalas (0.5g harmalas for 1g of DMT on 1g shredded caapi vine), I can smoke the joint over 5 minutes and keep going deeper and deeper...
I couldn't stand the speed of DMT in the GVG, tbh...
Also, the changa feels much more shamanic to me, more Ayahuasca like...
After all DMT is only the half of Ayahuasca...

3rdI
#16 Posted : 3/24/2013 8:36:43 AM

veni, vidi, spici

Hello Silly(c)One, how much changa do you put in a joint?

I always smoke mine in a bong but I have a friend who is more interested in smoking it in a joint so that the entry is slower as he gets a bit freaked out with the speed of the on set with a bong/GVG.

cheers.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

TheAwakening
#17 Posted : 3/24/2013 10:33:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a pipe that I made myself just for changa. It seems to get me exactly where I need to be but no one else whose tried changa from it seems to agree, their loss I suppose Big grin I like the way I slide into hyperspace with my pipe. When I don't have my pipe I'll go a bong which usually results in me being ripped from my body and thrusted promptly to the doors of hyperspace. I don't mind the bong method but I find the pipe to evoke a more instructive journey as I seem to remember a lot more. I have tried changa in a joint, it was enjoyable but I prefer my pipe/bong.

A.

Silly(c)One
#18 Posted : 3/24/2013 12:58:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

3rdI wrote:
Hello Silly(c)One, how much changa do you put in a joint?

I always smoke mine in a bong but I have a friend who is more interested in smoking it in a joint so that the entry is slower as he gets a bit freaked out with the speed of the on set with a bong/GVG.

Well, it depends on what you're looking for...
Initially, I would put around 75mg, today I use more like 150mg...
Beware though, at 150mg it can still be overwhelming for a novice...
Not so fast as DMT, but much deeper...
I'm still talking of a high ratio of harmalas to DMT here, it makes the trip much more psychedelic and much less visual...
Lots of bliss, some terror too, might even get some purging... It's a mini Ayahuasca experience...

3rdI
#19 Posted : 3/24/2013 10:46:41 PM

veni, vidi, spici

Cheers ScO, I will roll a couple of different strengths for him and see how we get on
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Silly(c)One
#20 Posted : 3/25/2013 12:08:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's nice of you, your friend is lucky Smile

The good thing with joints, too, is that he can stop smoking when he has enough...
But usually, after the first hits, you start to relax thanks to the harmalas+DMT in lower quantity at first, and then you get confident and finish the joint Pleased

Let me tell you about my last relevant changa experience Smile
I rolled a joint with some 70mg changa (caapi+harmaline+DMT), turned the lights off, lit 2 small candles and put some icaros from the Huni Kui tribe in Brazil on the loudspeakers.
I started meditating and lit the joint. When it was finished, I wasn't even near where I wanted to be... So I felt the calling deep inside me...
"Get up, grab that GVG, and smoooooalk iiiiiit !!!"
My ego said "noooo, no no no no no, please !", but the Voice insisted...
I knew I had no choice but to obey Myself. So I did. (you have to know my DMT pipes are always preloaded, just in case Very happy)
25mg of DMT later... Not even the Dome, or any tunnel, but instant teleportation into elfspace...
While *I* am enjoying the view, *I* observe that my ego is entering into a panick state... *I* watch, amused, the fight my ego is having with Fear, until the panic overwhelms my ego and uncenters Me...
The mareacion (nausea from Ayahuasca) is taking over my body to expulse the Fear that took over the ego, so I quickly get up (yeah, you can do that with changa, just like Ayahuasca, the harmalines ground you), grab my bucket and dry purge for a few instants until my abdos ache...
At that point, I really felt the message "ok, he fought enough, good boy, now you rest your soul and enjoy". Then I realized the icaros were still going on in the background (couldn't hear them in hyperspace) and that I had left hyperspace (visions now turned from strange patterns and machines to organic kaleidoscopes, colors changed from electric red and silver to green/blue with pastel tones...)
That's when I received some teachings about forgiveness, love and humility by who I perceived as the Spirit of Mother Ayahuasca, and eventually the visions turned to serpents and vines while I was blessed with pure Love in my heart... I'm crying of joy as I remember this now...
So thank you for giving me the opportunity to reconnect with that moment !

That moment lasted an hour in this reality, btw, and you can expect the same with 150mg in a joint. I'd say 45 minutes with 100mg.

12NEXT