CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How to: Smoke DMT Options

VisualAnemia
#1 Posted : 12/29/2011 5:06:47 PM

Chalgren

This is the method I use for smoking/vaporizing DMT.

1. I use a homemade Machine (picture below) made from; 25cl white wine vinegar bottle, steel wool, insulating tape and a plastic tube from a pen. Everything was cleaned with pure acetone and the wool's oily coating was burnt off untill no more smoke appeared

2. I make the wool somewhat compact so that it fits into the bottles neck and can keep the DMT on top.

3. I warm up the surface of the wool with a common lighter before quickly putting the DMT on top of it which will make the DMT melt/stick to the wool.

4. I insert the wool into the bottles neck; it makes a tight and sturdy fit.

5. I heat the wool with a common lighter (DO NOT allow the flame to touch the wool/bottle) for 1 minute while plugging the pen-tube with my finger.

6. As the DMT begins to melt I can see a thin stream of vapor (~1 minute mark) slither up the bottles neck.

7. During the minute of preheating I usually focus on taking long, deep breaths, this tends to make me yawn.

8. I deeply inhale for ~2 seconds and keep my lungful for another 2-3 seconds before exhaling, right after the exhale I do my second inhale for ~2 seconds again, keeping it 3-5 seconds, after exhale my next inhale (3rd) toke will be kept for as long as possible.

9. I prefer to lie down and leave my eyes open for the spectacles, although this doesn't really matter in higher doses as you probably won't see/experience things through your eyes anyway.

TIPS.
Hold the first hit for 2-3 seconds and exhale, if there's a lot of visible/thick smoke coming out, keep the next hit for 3-5 seconds and the last for as long as you're comfortable with.

The reason for this; I theorize is that you want to absorb as much of the smoke as possible. If your first lungful is kept for 2-3 seconds and upon exhaling there’s a lot of smoke, try keep it longer the next time and if the second 3-5 lungful is thin/misty upon exhale you're golden.

WHY am I golden?
Because if you see a lot of thick smoke coming out you probably didn't absorb the vapor as effectively as possible AND if you can't see any smoke at all upon exhaling you probably held it in too long which isn't effective either!

You would want to administer your full premeasured dose as fast as possible to avoid any tolerance from previous hit or just problem with taking the last hit because of your increasingly rapid loss of functioning motor skills.

So trial and error my friends;
Thick, visible smoke = Hold it longer
No visible smoke = Hold it shorter
Thin, misty smoke = Perfect

I have so far had no misfires using this technique and the only problem(s) one might bump into (that I know of) is lung capacity, sometimes I manage with two hits but most of the time I need to take a third.

If you find the smoke to be harsh or plastic tasting I got news for you;
1. The DMT has (a lot of) impurities
2. The DMT is being burnt; you should be VAPORIZING it (read about heat conduction&convection)
3. You were too lazy to properly clean your smoking apparatus and unknowingly smoked some of that good ol' lab.

I've read about a lot of people claiming they can "ONE HIT" a breakthrough dose, to me this sounds ridiculous BUT if you can, then kudos, once upon a time I could one hit .5g weed or more but that's weed, man.

VisualAnemia attached the following image(s):
DSC00107.JPG (491kb) downloaded 1,068 time(s).
Mad, bad and dangerous to know.

There's magic out there!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Tordyveln
#2 Posted : 12/29/2011 9:03:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Evisceratechuck wrote:
if you can't see any smoke at all upon exhaling you probably held it in too long which isn't effective either!

Why is this not effective? If you exhale no vapor at all it means that everything is left in your lungs.
Everything I write as Tordyveln is made up. I lie all the time.

"Thanks so far for being patient, no doubt you obviously share our contempt for the 1984 Gestapo Mordor Matrix agents style gits that are fucking up our world." - Pissed off mimosa seller

VisualAnemia
#3 Posted : 12/29/2011 9:17:15 PM

Chalgren

Tordyveln wrote:
Evisceratechuck wrote:
if you can't see any smoke at all upon exhaling you probably held it in too long which isn't effective either!

Why is this not effective? If you exhale no vapor at all it means that everything is left in your lungs.

It is effective in the sense of absorption, the problem is: If you see no smoke, you can't tell how long it took you to fully absorb the vapor, maybe it was a ghosthit 5 seconds before you exhaled, making those extra five seconds a waste of time.

This is why I recommend others to try my method if they have trouble with effectively holding lungfuls, I believe this might work good as a rule of thumb regarding the time one would have to hold in his/her hit for best effect.

Keep in mind that this is MAINLY for those who needs to take three hits or more, if you can manage to take your dose in one hit, then kudos, this is not an issue that affects you Smile

This is my theory Stop

There's magic out there!

corpus callosum
#4 Posted : 12/29/2011 9:29:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

This is not a sales pitch for the GVG but its deceptively easy to breakthrough with a single inhalation using this device.Single inhalations, IME, always give more bang per buck; 40mg via the GVG in one breath is more demanding psychologically than physically.Im certain I could clear 50-60mg in one hit with the GVG if I was that way inclined.Im guaranteed to breakthrough properly nigh on 100% of the time with 25-30mg taken this way.

I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

VisualAnemia
#5 Posted : 12/29/2011 10:08:13 PM

Chalgren

corpus callosum wrote:
This is not a sales pitch for the GVG but its deceptively easy to breakthrough with a single inhalation using this device.Single inhalations, IME, always give more bang per buck; 40mg via the GVG in one breath is more demanding psychologically than physically.Im certain I could clear 50-60mg in one hit with the GVG if I was that way inclined.Im guaranteed to breakthrough properly nigh on 100% of the time with 25-30mg taken this way.

Did come off as a sales pitch though Pleased

I would use the GVG if I happened to come across it (without paying the bucks that is) but I'm overly satisfied with my machine, it's also very easy to clean since everything (tape, tube and wool) is easily disassembled and just as easy and cheap to replace in case of accident Smile

I recall the GVG has quite the pricetag Wink Somewhere around 65$? I think my white wine vinegar bottle cost me around 2.5$ if not even less but that's all Smile And really any glass bottle with a decent (long) neck will work Smile

To each his own.

There's magic out there!

corpus callosum
#6 Posted : 12/29/2011 10:40:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Evisceratechuck wrote:
corpus callosum wrote:

Did come off as a sales pitch though Pleased

I would use the GVG if I happened to come across it (without paying the bucks that is) but I'm overly satisfied with my machine, it's also very easy to clean since everything (tape, tube and wool) is easily disassembled and just as easy and cheap to replace in case of accident Smile

I recall the GVG has quite the pricetag Wink Somewhere around 65$? I think my white wine vinegar bottle cost me around 2.5$ if not even less but that's all Smile And really any bottle with a decent (long) neck will work Smile

To each his own.

I agree, its not a cheap item, but I sincerely believe that the more distant depths of the DMT experience require optimum vaporisation and the capacity to deliver the dose quickly.And its in fulfilling both these criteria that the GVG is so gifted.

Ive heard good things about the Machine and as you say, its readily made and maintained.This makes it a perfectly sensible way to use DMT.The question is whether or not, assuming that finances permit, the $100 premium is worth the benefits the GVG offers.And this is an individual judgement.

I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

q21q21
#7 Posted : 12/30/2011 4:43:15 AM

SWIM

the machine rules!
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

VisualAnemia
#8 Posted : 12/30/2011 5:27:15 AM

Chalgren

corpus callosum wrote:

I agree, its not a cheap item, but I sincerely believe that the more distant depths of the DMT experience require optimum vaporisation and the capacity to deliver the dose quickly.And its in fulfilling both these criteria that the GVG is so gifted.

Ive heard good things about the Machine and as you say, its readily made and maintained.This makes it a perfectly sensible way to use DMT.The question is whether or not, assuming that finances permit, the $100 premium is worth the benefits the GVG offers.And this is an individual judgement.

Good and valid arguments Smile Does make one want to buy it just to try it out Very happy
Maybe your a salesman after all, bringing this kind of persuasion?Cool

q21q21 wrote:
the machine rules!

Right on Cool

There's magic out there!

tele
#9 Posted : 12/30/2011 9:41:40 AM
Explorer

Even with a GVG it takes practice. Proper temperature, slow inhalation, mesh screen size, loading in the middle of the mesh and some other things play important role in getting the whole dose in single inhalation.

GVG would be in my house even if it would cost 1000usd, and I'm not joking. It's simply THE tool for hyperspace travel for me.

VisualAnemia
#10 Posted : 12/30/2011 9:51:45 AM

Chalgren

tele wrote:
Even with a GVG it takes practice. Proper temperature, slow inhalation, mesh screen size, loading in the middle of the mesh and some other things play important role in getting the whole dose in single inhalation.

GVG would be in my house even if it would cost 1000usd, and I'm not joking. It's simply THE tool for hyperspace travel for me.

Why slow inhalation? Smile I see no advantages by doing so in comparison to a fast and deep inhalation, again perhaps this is a good technique for those who 1 hit Smile

Wow, that's some confidence in the GVG Very happy
Have you ever tried the Machine before converting to the GVG?

There's magic out there!

endlessness
#11 Posted : 12/30/2011 9:59:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

First of all, thanks for trying to help others having a more effective smoking method!

Regarding the machine and gvg, I did use the machine a few times before having a GVG and I would say that the latter is way more effective/smooth (though I admit I had not tried the machine too many times so maybe my technique could have gotten better, but still I think the difference was so huge that even with great technique I doubt it would be even comparable).

The thing is, of course, the machine being cheap to make, so this thread is a good complementary information for those that cant or dont want to spend the cash on a GVG

As for why slow toking, because it heats up the DMT more evenly and you can inhale it all at once could be one reason. If you are too fast, maybe it doesnt heat evenly and some parts are harsher and one coughs (one wants steady vaporization, not fast combustion), or maybe there's some left in the pipe if one pulls too fast, or whatever. Im not sure the exact explanation, there are a few possibilities, but from experience I agree, slow and steady is the way to go.

VisualAnemia
#12 Posted : 12/30/2011 10:08:10 AM

Chalgren

endlessness wrote:
Im not sure the exact explanation, there are a few possibilities, but from experience I agree, slow and steady is the way to go.

Hmm,then perhaps I need to revisit the slow and steady inhalation method to further compare the two, I guess experience will sort it out in time but it's nevertheless an intriguing subject! Smile

There's magic out there!

tele
#13 Posted : 12/30/2011 10:28:01 AM
Explorer

Evisceratechuck wrote:
tele wrote:

Why slow inhalation? Smile I see no advantages by doing so in comparison to a fast and deep inhalation, again perhaps this is a good technique for those who 1 hit Smile

Wow, that's some confidence in the GVG Very happy
Have you ever tried the Machine before converting to the GVG?

Slow inhalation enables the chamber to fill with more vapor, in comparison to fast inhalation where one can be halfway through the dose already inhaling vapor into the lungs, making it slightly harder to finish it all.

Usually I start slow, but at the very end when I know it's all done, I clear it in a fast inhalation if I can(depending on the amount loaded).

Purges
#14 Posted : 12/30/2011 1:51:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There is a reason there is so much hype about the GVG - it works, and it works incredibly well! There is no taste, no harshness, no need to 'take the 3rd toke' as there is only one toke needed, it is easy to clean, you can smoke Changa through it, you can use it to vaporise weed / tobacco and so on. I even took it to my straight edge brothers house over Christmas so I could vape some weed in my room with practically 0 smell when the mood took me - no faffing about being paranoid about stinking of skunk etc, so IMO this piece of kit is worth it's weight in gold.

Also, I know mr. Tele says that it takes a bit of practise to get right - but it worked first time with no problem for me. When we say that your doses will go further this way, it is true, my first sample with 15mg in one breath was a breakthrough, which was totally unexpected!!! I was a little scared of it after that to be honest! Its worth noting that 20-30 mg in 2-3 tokes is a COMPLETELY different experience than in one inhalaltion, so I always aim to clear it in one go.

If you plan on smoalking the sacred molecule for any length of time, as many / most people on these boards are, then it is worth investing in the best tool for the job IMHO... I totally get why people use the machine, inspirator etc etc, but if you do have some spare cash and are as enthralled with DMT as I am, I (p)urge you to see what the hype is about!

Sales pitch over Wink
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

tango
#15 Posted : 1/11/2012 8:54:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Evisceratechuck wrote:
tele wrote:

I have used various inhalers over the years and they all instruct you to take a long, slow, deep breath when inhaling the medicine. The shot is delivered all at once by most devices, so it must be that the drug is better absorbed if you let it linger in your airways and have it hit the lungs a little at a time.