CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Ploom Options

gibran2
#1 Posted : 12/23/2010 6:20:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Has anyone seen this, or better yet, used this device?

It’s a butane powered vaporizer that might work with DMT. Comments? Ideas?
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

gibran2
#2 Posted : 12/24/2010 3:02:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No comments? Here’s a small, self-contained, butane-powered vaporizer and no one is interested? C’mon!

I ordered one yesterday (they have a 20% off holiday sale!). Will report back after I’ve tried it. My concern right now is that it might not get hot enough for our purposes. We’ll see.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Swarupa
#3 Posted : 12/24/2010 3:26:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It looks quite good, well i think it looks ugly but it looks like it would work

Those pods come sealed, i presume you'd just refill one of them after using it?

Please report back...

Dimitrius
#4 Posted : 12/24/2010 4:26:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Let us know how it goes. It looks quite interesting.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

amor_fati
#5 Posted : 12/27/2010 7:09:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

I like how he doesn't understand who the target market for the device is supposed to be. Very happy

Yeah, wouldn't think there'd be much need for the pods. SWIM certainly hopes that this device gets hot enough for spice.

gibran2
#6 Posted : 12/29/2010 11:01:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, I got my ploom today, tried it out and…

it doesn’t get hot enough for our purposes. Sad I tested it by loading a used “pod” with product, weighed it, used it for several minutes to no effect, took the pod out, weighed it again and the weight was unchanged. The product (about 20mg) was melted, but no vaporization.

I then put a small amount of product directly into the heating chamber. This time, it did vaporize, but so slowly and gently that it wouldn’t be practical.

This test has failed. The GVG still reigns supreme!

ps: Anyone want to buy a very slightly used ploom? Wink

The Traveler
#7 Posted : 12/29/2010 11:09:01 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Too bad it didn't work.

Thank you for testing this for us all gibran2. I will prevent others from turning to the dark side. Pleased

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Bill Cipher
#8 Posted : 12/29/2010 11:16:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's a shame. It certainly looked promising.

Thanks for boldly going where the rest of us are too cheap to follow.

amor_fati
#9 Posted : 12/30/2010 5:31:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Seriously, thanks for the effort; too bad though, it's a bit pricey for such disappointment. Perhaps there is some way to increase the heat ever so slightly? A hidden screw maybe? Or perhaps to improve heat transfer to the bowl.... Since you've got it and have no interest in using it, you may as well mod the crap out of it.

Swarupa
#10 Posted : 12/30/2010 12:20:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cheers for at least trying dude Pleased

gibran2
#11 Posted : 12/30/2010 2:31:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

amor_fati wrote:
Seriously, thanks for the effort; too bad though, it's a bit pricey for such disappointment. Perhaps there is some way to increase the heat ever so slightly? A hidden screw maybe? Or perhaps to improve heat transfer to the bowl.... Since you've got it and have no interest in using it, you may as well mod the crap out of it.

When I have the time, maybe I’ll start dismantling it. It must have a thermostat somewhere – when it’s first lit, the heating element glows for about 10 seconds or so, then shuts down. (Oddly, it seems to stay hot without the heating element glowing again. Maybe there’s a “high” and “low” setting?)

The ploom seems to be designed to deliver very small quantities of vapor in each inhalation. Even when using the pods, there doesn’t seem to be much vapor produced. With a hotter chamber, it’s still hard to see how it could effectively deliver the huge volume of vapor that a typical dose of DMT produces.

amor_fati
#12 Posted : 12/30/2010 2:36:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
The ploom seems to be designed to deliver very small quantities of vapor in each inhalation. Even when using the pods, there doesn’t seem to be much vapor produced. With a hotter chamber, it’s still hard to see how it could effectively deliver the huge volume of vapor that a typical dose of DMT produces.

Did you watch that last video? The guy got some good amounts by not using the pods, sealing the chamber (to protect from exhaust, and applying e-cig liquid directly to a cotton ball in the bowl.

Also, perhaps overriding the ignition from switching off, perhaps by holding it down, will enable a hotter bowl.