CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
The cult of the GVG Options

DMTripper
#1 Posted : 12/23/2010 11:34:47 AM

John Murdoch IV

I have a GVG and I love it. It works good, feels good and looks awesome. And the vapor is smoother than anything I've tried before.
But it cost's a lot and not everyone can afford one. Before I got mine I used my version of "The machine" and it worked just as good for breaking through, but just was
not as incredibly smooth as the GVG.

I just wanted to point out to those that can't afford one, that you don't need one. Don't spend your money on one unless you can really afford it. The GVG has
been praised so much here that sometimes it looks like you need one to be a real hyperspace traveller.

It's good, really good but not mandatory.
So if you're low on funds but feel pressure to get one, just wait. Make a good machine or do some experiments. Don't take your children's milk money to buy one.
You don't need one!
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

ragabr
#2 Posted : 12/23/2010 12:26:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Definitely seconded here! SWIM loved her Machine and felt proud to pass it on to a friend once her GVG arrived. Before the Machine, the leaf bed worked well too.

Cats need Solstice presents too!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Swarupa
#3 Posted : 12/23/2010 12:27:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

If i add up the money i spent on getting a dedicated glass bong, lighter, screens, travel costs etc... i could've just saved it all & bought a GVG.

That's what i ended up buying after all this, so i could've saved myself all the time & effort and just bought one in the first place.

Just playing devils advocate here Wink

DMTripper
#4 Posted : 12/23/2010 12:54:35 PM

John Murdoch IV

My machine costed me around $5.
It was just a small glass pipe very similar to this one

http://www.grasscity.com...s-steamroller-small.html

but costed me around $5 and the bowl stuffed with brillo. Worked great.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

tele
#5 Posted : 12/23/2010 1:35:33 PM
Explorer

If one can't afford GVG, I would recommend considering VG as it's half the price almost...

rOm
#6 Posted : 12/23/2010 1:37:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

GVG si smoother vapor but for some changa blend I find the glass bong to work real good to breakthrough !
Once yur spice is portected by the mullien coat with your delicious harmalas you can do a test and vape it through the GVG, then take it from there and smoke in da lil glass bong and GO DEEPER DOWN
Sure the throat will feel it more but if you do changa occasionnaly as less than once a week it's definitely not bad.

I just love glass pipes in general !
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

amor_fati
#7 Posted : 12/23/2010 2:53:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Certainly SWIM would love to try the GVG if he could ever bring himself to put up the cash (particularly to be able to test it against his own devices), but even if he did, he would still like to design his own smoking devices for the Nexus, especially for the sake of being able to have multiple smoking devices with each traveller being able to have their own. If the GVG did turn out to be that much better, it would give him a better sense of a standard of quality to shoot for.

gibran2
#8 Posted : 12/23/2010 2:56:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

I also used “The Machine” before I got my GVG, and yes, it worked, but not like the GVG.

With the machine, spice is exposed to direct flame, and not burning it is sometimes very tricky. (I had more than one occasion where I actually ignited my spice! Not good.) Results were inconsistent, and it was very hard to get a full dose in one inhalation.

Changa is also fairly smooth and idiot-proof. I’d recommend it to inexperienced users. But changa dilutes the vapor with plant material and probably burns some of the spice.

There’s nothing quite like getting a full dose of ultra-pure DMT vapor in a single smooth, odorless, tasteless inhalation. You can do this easily with a GVG, and either not at all or with great difficulty when using the machine or other similar devices.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Trickster
#9 Posted : 12/23/2010 5:58:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

gibran2 wrote:
You can do this easily with a GVG, and either not at all or with great difficulty when using the machine or other similar devices.

I disagree. A good heat gun + dry bong, or a glass pipe, or even the machine is as good as the GVG. There is nothing mysterious about its operation. A heat gun + pretty much anything works in a similar manner.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

kyrolima
#10 Posted : 12/23/2010 6:15:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Buy GVG!
elusive illusion

endlessness
#11 Posted : 12/23/2010 6:19:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Trickster wrote:
gibran2 wrote:
You can do this easily with a GVG, and either not at all or with great difficulty when using the machine or other similar devices.

I disagree. A good heat gun + dry bong, or a glass pipe, or even the machine is as good as the GVG. There is nothing mysterious about its operation. A heat gun + pretty much anything works in a similar manner.

Just curious, but are you talking from experience, having tried a GVG and a torch lighter compared with heat gun + pipe or bong?

Can you show a picture of your heat gun/bong apparatus ? Is it bulky? How much did the whole set up cost?

gibran2
#12 Posted : 12/23/2010 6:34:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Trickster wrote:
gibran2 wrote:

Here’s the test: Can you vaporize (and I mean vaporize – no pyrolysis of any sort) 30mg of DMT in 10 seconds or less, and is the vapor produced smooth and mild?

If yes, then you have a device/method comparable to a GVG.

edit: I’m guessing that if anything comes close to the GVG in effectiveness, it would be a heat gun. After all, a heat gun is more or less a heat source with a diffuser in front of it. So with the GVG, the diffuser is attached to the pipe, with a heat gun it’s attached to the front of the heat gun. Either way, a diffuser of some sort separates the product from the heat source.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

endlessness
#13 Posted : 12/23/2010 7:08:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah in principle it could work, but.. damn, is a heat gun as bulky and aesthetically displeasing as this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_gun

?

And how much did you say the whole set up costs, trickster?

How hot does the whole thing get?

and sorry to ask again but, did you try the GVG too?

proto-pax
#14 Posted : 12/23/2010 7:39:24 PM

bird-brain

Dunno how you guys have worked with the machine, but I can easily pass that test gibran2. I inhaled 40 mg just last night in one toke with no taste at all. I mean if you can't do it that sucks, but the machine is the best thing I have ever used (I haven't used a GVG though) But to me it doesn't seem to be necessary.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

Phantastica
#15 Posted : 12/23/2010 7:50:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i have now officially joined the GVG cult
*non-GVG users kneel before us*Twisted Evil
<3

Imp
#16 Posted : 12/23/2010 7:57:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know why its important for something to be portable like the GVG...Who smokes dmt in the park restroom? If i vape or smoke dmt its usually at home and also usually with intent and preparation. I'm not gonna be like..."Hm, fancy a spot of dmt m'dear?" "Why yes that would be simply lovely Gatsby darling!" *produces vaporizer from pocket* "Let's have a stroll".

To me, certainly stealth is important but not portability. I have a device similar to The Inspirator that was proposed by Amor Fati, and it works. I don't need my DMT within 10 seconds. Sometimes it takes a bit of calibration, sure, but i dont even have the ceramic fiber called for in the Inspirator. That vapes, and its really smooth.
I've actually been able to achieve a pretty clear vapor mixed in with the smoke of mugwort or pau'darco. It's not too hard.
If you want to spend some time learning how to make an effective vaporizer, and then spend a bit of time with, granted, the steeper learning curve to vaporize with them, then you can save 60$ for a VG. Its possible to waste a lot of dmt when you first smoke it but thats a given. The Key, The Inspirator and the machine all hve good reviews. I've had success with a beer bottle with a carb drilled into it. Not as much success as i had with the eye dropper and copper induction cable vaporizer i have now, but not bad either.
Come into the garden maud,
For the black bat night hath flown
and the woodbine spices are wafted abroad
and the musk of the rose is blown

universecannon
#17 Posted : 12/23/2010 9:10:32 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Once you get a solid method down that delivers it just how you want, whatever that method may be, then your fine..but still: don't knock it till you try it. A reason the genie is so great is because a lot of people go through a lot of spice when trying to learning how to smoke it...and use inefficient smoking techniques or devices at first. If your having trouble then a vapor genie can help. Its probably the most consistent way to smoke dmt. I've only used a VG, but one massive toke, thats not the least bit harsh, is all that is necessary. much easier than using a bowl or bong or the original zong. Its also good because its only vapor, which doesn't smell half as bad and is less harsh on the throat/lungs. This helps me when i smoke it indoors, since my roommate doesn't like any smoke inside. And also for me its easy portability and size convenience is very useful since i travel a lot and also enjoy smoking changa in remote places like meadows or at lakes ectect and then running around the woods later. So being able to slip it into a pocket has its advantages to some, but is more of a neutral feature to others.

So my advice is: if your looking for different method, or just have money laying around, get the GVG or VG

and changachangachanga

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

gibran2
#18 Posted : 12/23/2010 9:41:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I’ve noticed that most (all?) of the people who say that their current non-GVG device is great haven’t actually used a GVG. Are there ANY users who have used both the GVG and a -- insert name of your current favorite device here-- and still find their former device superior? I can’t recall any members who’ve said something like “I got a GVG and have tried it, but I still prefer my …”.

I also thought the machine was very good (tricky to use and somewhat inconsistent, but effective) UNTIL I actually broke down and bought a GVG.

proto-pax
#19 Posted : 12/23/2010 10:01:04 PM

bird-brain

I'm sure it IS better, but as it stands I see no reason to buy one. I have never had a problem using the machine.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

Trickster
#20 Posted : 12/23/2010 10:58:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

gibran2 wrote:
Here’s the test: Can you vaporize (and I mean vaporize – no pyrolysis of any sort) 30mg of DMT in 10 seconds or less, and is the vapor produced smooth and mild?[quote=gibran2]

Yes, I ( and 2 my newly introduced friends) vaporized and inhaled up to 35 mg of spice out of a small bong using a heat gun. Earlier another person inhaled 30 mg of spice in a single toke out of a simple piece of lab glassware on her first attempt (see photo).

Unfortunately any such test would be very subjective and inconclusive, because there is no quantitative test of smoothness.

[quote=gibran2]edit: I’m guessing that if anything comes close to the GVG in effectiveness, it would be a heat gun. After all, a heat gun is more or less a heat source with a diffuser in front of it. So with the GVG, the diffuser is attached to the pipe, with a heat gun it’s attached to the front of the heat gun. Either way, a diffuser of some sort separates the product from the heat source.

Exactly. That's why I keep saying that in principle there should not be much difference.

I did not try the GVG for 2 reasons: It is not available where I live and I do not think it can do a better job.

Granted, it is not a very scientific approach, so recently I've found a source of ceramic filters and I have access to lab glassware. I plan to assemble a homemade GVG to do proper side-by-side testing. A possible candidate for such a glassware is on the attached photo.

P.S. Sorry. No photos ATM.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

12NEXT