CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cleaning your devices?!? Options

TheReadyAwakening
#1 Posted : 10/20/2010 7:02:53 PM

Jimmy

I'm sure there's a post for this somewhere, but does any one have any good recipes for cleaning spice resin out of your pipe/vape/etc.? I personally enjoy bubbles, but I don't know what to use!

A warm naptha bath would probably do it eh?
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” - Terence McKenna

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

gibran2
#2 Posted : 10/20/2010 7:19:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Vinegar works very well, followed by a water rinse.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

amor_fati
#3 Posted : 10/20/2010 8:37:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Use IPA to wash the devices, collect and evap, dissolve in vinegar, filter (inactives won't dissolve and should be left behind), evap, and what's leftover should be plenty active, at least for pharma.

TheReadyAwakening
#4 Posted : 10/25/2010 1:33:39 AM

Jimmy

Okay so just a 99% iso wash, then a vinegar wash? Pretty simple way to reclaim some precious spice =)
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” - Terence McKenna

TheReadyAwakening
#5 Posted : 10/29/2010 9:29:08 PM

Jimmy

So I soaked the piece and turned the iso a pretty yellow =)

The black residue left over, how do I get that off? Cue tip maybe?

Ice House
#6 Posted : 10/29/2010 10:15:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

TheReadyAwakening wrote:
So I soaked the piece and turned the iso a pretty yellow =)

The black residue left over, how do I get that off? Cue tip maybe?

IPA and some salt mixed in course grind like a small rock salt grind.

IPA and salt will clean the dirtiest pipe or bong.

videos of this on youtube.

IPA and salt
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

amor_fati
#7 Posted : 10/30/2010 7:00:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

SWIM's used q-tips, paper towels and the like; comes off like nothing with a bit of IPA.

azrael
#8 Posted : 10/30/2010 7:03:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

IPA/salt tossed in the piece, cover holes and shake a bunch. The salt scrubs the black residue off. After a few rounds of that, some acetone/salt shakes followed by a few acetone soaks will get it looking fresh. Probably overkill, but even works with those stubborn resin spots Pleased

TheReadyAwakening
#9 Posted : 11/3/2010 5:51:25 PM

Jimmy

Awesome! Got some leftover actives for some pharma, and a sparkling clean bubble!

acolon_5
#10 Posted : 11/3/2010 8:25:30 PM

The Great Namah

IPA and rice also works wonders on any spice pipe (or other pipe if that's your thing)
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.