CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Flavoring SPice? Options

adorno
#1 Posted : 9/30/2010 7:14:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Please forgive me if this topic has been covered, but, Holy Lord God, SWIM hates the taste of Spice... I mean, really, REALLY, can't stand it... Is it that alkaloid, Skatole? It is perfectly and exactly like human bad breath. What's up with that? The "mystical key" has to taste like human bad breath?

After finally mustering the courage to try a batch of Spice he pulled using the "for the masses..." STB tek, (prepared to be forever changed by it), SWIM sat down for his first DMT trip. He wouldn't say he managed to "cross over." His Spice was a little yellow, so maybe that means it's weak? I don't know, but 60mg later, he achieved what he would only call "threshold"... The ambient "wah-wah-wah" of silence was amplified and the patterns on his curtains, etc., began to dance, but he certainly had no spiritual experience, rather only something like slightly amusing lethargy. (SWIM hopes this doesn't speak to his own spiritual condition or lack thereof, but imagines it probably does. Perhaps SWIM is unworthy of the SPice.)

It is always amazing to me how differently each person seems to react to Spice: for some, the entities, for others a "hyper-dimension" atop our own to which they journey, and still, for others, just completely abstract intense lights and colors--but always and for everyone it seems an extremely significant experience. This must mean SWIM didn't smoke enough. Next time, he plans (if he is going to make a mistake) on making the mistake on the side of too much.

SWIM is one of those people who hasn't found a tryptamine that gives him a body-load, whereas every single phenythylamine SWIM has tried, even at a couple mg doses, makes him want to vomit. SWIM loves 4-ACO, but by his meager experiences so far, he can't imagine anything ever topping some good Lucy.

Anyways, let us come to the crux of the post... It is already hard enough to for him to muster the courage to try Spice... If it truly is as life changing as everyone says it is, it certainly isn't something to be trifled with, so SWIM has to impossibly find himself in that perfect zone where he is willing to try and take the leap... The fact that Spice tastes like the essence of all that is foul does NOT help this any... Does anyone have any tips on how to spice-up-Spice and get rid of that awful, awful taste? I appreciate that many of you love the taste, or are indifferent to it, unfortunately you will be of no help to me. Please, keep your peace. I want to hear from folks who've figured a way to make it taste wonderful. So great tasting, in fact, that one just can't wait to breath it deep into their lungs. Is there something you can add? I don't know anything.

By the way, he smoked it through a regular pipe, this is really stupid, right? (I know, I know, he should just dig through the threads for answers, but to excuse him a little, he is also giving a little experience report here as well). Does one have to use a special glass pipe or something? (Again, I know, the answer to this probably on either thread beside me).

Okay... I hope I amused a little, I don't mean to waste anyone's time... What are the ideas? Of course, besides the obvious ones like putting it on some grass, etc. What can the expert smokers tell us about flavorings and so on...

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

obliguhl
#2 Posted : 9/30/2010 9:20:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would check your extraction technique as it should not taste like "human bad breath".

mumbles
#3 Posted : 9/30/2010 9:32:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Do an a/b or recrystalise your spice if its that dirty. Spice isn't foul by any means. Do an a/b and freeze precip a gram and see if its any different. I'm pretty sure it will be Very happy

gibran2
#4 Posted : 9/30/2010 3:21:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Pure, clean DMT when properly vaporized has practically no odor or flavor when consumed. And since it is fully absorbed by bodily tissues, there is no aftertaste, lingering breath odor, etc.

When I smell my GVG after vaporizing DMT, the odor is very faint and reminiscent of floral scent with perhaps a touch of cinnamon. No “new shoe” smell, no rubber, burnt rubber, plastic, etc.

Strange unpleasant odors are indicators that you’re not properly vaporizing your spice.

Get a GVG.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

DoingKermit
#5 Posted : 10/1/2010 12:44:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Spice seems to taste bad when it has been burnt. I would just do as others said and check your smoking technique (re-crystallization wouldn't hurt) and you will not need to smoke as much as 60mg to get threshold effects either. Good luck Smile

hyperspacing
#6 Posted : 10/1/2010 3:12:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A GVG will change your life.
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

dreamer042
#7 Posted : 10/1/2010 4:45:23 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I'm gonna have to go with everyone else here and say it sounds to me like your burning your spice. You can drop the money on a GVG or get a glass oil pipe but I think in your best bet would be enhancing some pleasant tasting herbs. Pau d'arco comes to mind, as does blue lotus. That way you can smoke with your regular pipe, you don't really have to worry about burning it, and it will taste great. Smile

Here's a link to the main thread on enhanced leaf and changa.
https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=3539

-Happy trails

Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

adorno
#8 Posted : 10/3/2010 1:12:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for responding... WHile on the topic of recrystallization... I was hoping maybe any of you who have a little experience with Chromatography wouldn't mind hoping over to the science thread and giving me some pointers... One thing I could ask here as well, (and forgive if it is stupid), why can't we simply precipitate the freebase out of the naptha from the original pull without water. In other words, why can't we just slowly add drops of weak acid into the naphtha and watch crystals precipitate a la Phlux's Bufotenin extraction.

gibran2
#9 Posted : 10/4/2010 4:57:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

adorno wrote:
...In other words, why can't we just slowly add drops of weak acid into the naphtha and watch crystals precipitate a la Phlux's Bufotenin extraction.

You can do that, but you’ll be converting your freebase into a salt in the process. DMT salts are generally less desirable when smoking is the chosen route of administration.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Madcap
#10 Posted : 10/12/2010 12:16:10 AM

illudium Q-36

adorno wrote:
Thanks for responding... WHile on the topic of recrystallization... I was hoping maybe any of you who have a little experience with Chromatography wouldn't mind hoping over to the science thread and giving me some pointers... One thing I could ask here as well, (and forgive if it is stupid), why can't we simply precipitate the freebase out of the naptha from the original pull without water. In other words, why can't we just slowly add drops of weak acid into the naphtha and watch crystals precipitate a la Phlux's Bufotenin extraction.

you can precip fb out of naptha just by putting it in the freezer. Just make sure its saturated enough first.
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

rave420
#11 Posted : 10/20/2010 2:14:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

i had bad breath myself several times, and i frequently smell bad breath on my friends.

It does not smell like DMT!

Check your extraction technique. It should be somewhat reminiscent of burned plastic, yet a fairly unique smell.