CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Vapor genie bong? Options

Astralking
#1 Posted : 8/12/2010 7:15:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't see why they wouldn't make one of these. Seems like a great idea to me...
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

g13juggalo
#2 Posted : 8/12/2010 7:33:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I rememeber seeing vaporizing bongs.

Its like a bong, but the bowl piece is different, and instead of using a lighter you use like this thing that blows really really hot air. I think it'd work wonders for DMT.

I'll try to get you the link. Someone posted it on a salvia forum, before deciding the evaporation point of salvinor A was too high for it to work.

SnozzleBerry
#3 Posted : 8/12/2010 8:13:10 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Well, bongs pull the actives out of smoke when used for cannabis, there was a paper on water filtration and the % of actives lost published a while ago. Since vapor is already not very harsh and achieves the same end as a bong as far as quality of the "smoking" experience (if not awesomeness of milking a bong) perhaps the creators saw it as overkill or redundancy or something? I dunno, I've never been one to run vapors through a bong, it always seemed unnecessary to me.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Bill Cipher
#4 Posted : 8/12/2010 8:33:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I emailed Vaporgenie about this once, right after they introduced the GVG, and they answered me back by saying they will never be making a bong.

gibran2
#5 Posted : 8/12/2010 9:04:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

There’s really no need for it. The GVG is so smooth and so efficient, how would adding water-cooling improve it?
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Astralking
#6 Posted : 8/12/2010 9:33:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

because with any pipe was matter how little you burn it, i can imagine the vapour is still hot no? thats why a bong would be a reasonable idea no?
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

Astralking
#7 Posted : 8/12/2010 9:34:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

g13juggalo wrote:
I rememeber seeing vaporizing bongs.

Its like a bong, but the bowl piece is different, and instead of using a lighter you use like this thing that blows really really hot air. I think it'd work wonders for DMT.

I'll try to get you the link. Someone posted it on a salvia forum, before deciding the evaporation point of salvinor A was too high for it to work.

and thanks Smile

gibran2
#8 Posted : 8/12/2010 10:03:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Astralking wrote:
because with any pipe was matter how little you burn it, i can imagine the vapour is still hot no? thats why a bong would be a reasonable idea no?

No – actually the vapor with a GVG never gets very hot. Between the heat diffuser and the glass surfaces, it is cooled without water. If you apply flame very gently, the vapor is only slightly warm. If you apply flame aggressively, the vapor is hot, but never uncomfortably so.

Prior to getting my GVG, I used a mini-bong with metal mesh in the bowl. The vapor/smoke was never hot, but it was hard to prevent burning of spice. Very hit-or-miss results.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

gammagore
#9 Posted : 8/12/2010 10:29:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I use an Arc turboflame with my GVG, I get that diffuser nice and red and pull, as said before the vapor hits the back of my throat and I can feel it, but its soooo smooth. After a second or so of inhaling it feels like warm air, if at all.

Now talk of this VG bong. If you get hold of a bong with a bowl the same diameter as the diffuser that woukld work nicely, one could just put the diffuser onto the bowl. Im sure madcapv posted a picture of this in the "show me your glass baby" thread.

Madcap
#10 Posted : 8/13/2010 3:47:04 AM

illudium Q-36

gammagore wrote:
If you get hold of a bong with a bowl the same diameter as the diffuser that woukld work nicely, one could just put the diffuser onto the bowl. Im sure madcapv posted a picture of this in the "show me your glass baby" thread.

I did!!!

You just need a bong that takes a 18mm bowl. I stuffed some screens into the down stem and then put the GVG diffuser on top instead of the bowl.

Seriously though.... not worth the trouble. The GVG just does it as good as it can be done. I thought that I needed a big "bong hit" to get to deep hyperspace. Actually, all I needed to do was load refine my technique with some practice.

All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

clearlyone
#11 Posted : 9/1/2010 2:09:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
Well, bongs pull the actives out of smoke when used for cannabis, there was a paper on water filtration and the % of actives lost published a while ago.

Madcapv2 wrote:
gammagore wrote:
If you get hold of a bong with a bowl the same diameter as the diffuser that woukld work nicely, one could just put the diffuser onto the bowl. Im sure madcapv posted a picture of this in the "show me your glass baby" thread.

I did!!!

You just need a bong that takes a 18mm bowl. I stuffed some screens into the down stem and then put the GVG diffuser on top instead of the bowl.

Seriously though.... not worth the trouble. The GVG just does it as good as it can be done. I thought that I needed a big "bong hit" to get to deep hyperspace. Actually, all I needed to do was load refine my technique with some practice.

SWIM has had success with adapting diffuser to bong with ice catcher. No water, still wonders if some actives still are lost in condensation on the ice. SWIM found this approach useful for higher temps needed in vaping Sally.
"Blinded by their own sight, hearing, feeling, and knowing, they don't perceive the radiance of the source. If they could eliminate all conceptual thinking, this source would appear, like the sun rising through the empty sky and illuminating the whole universe." - Huang Po

Observant
#12 Posted : 9/1/2010 2:17:30 AM

Nothing Stops The Void

Theres a product called Vaporstar http://www.vaporstar.co.uk/
works ... Pleased this is another one http://www.vapocane.com/
(http://www.vapbong.com/en/)
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

kyrolima
#13 Posted : 9/1/2010 4:51:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've got a water filter system for my herbalaire-vape.
My result: 30-50% loss of actives, regarding THC!

My advice: Don't use one
elusive illusion

Observant
#14 Posted : 9/3/2010 12:57:29 AM

Nothing Stops The Void

vapobowl looks neat

http://www.essentialvape.com/ also looks good
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

Strange Gray Static Mayan Pattern
#15 Posted : 9/11/2010 8:15:17 AM

Nameless

The vapobowl above doesn't have the ceramic filter

This one has: http://www.azarius.net/h...le_vaporizers/vapo-bowl/

It's exactly the same as the ceramic filter from VG/GVG, attachable to pipes and bongs. Enjoy.
DMT T-Shirts, badges, mugs...
Comments by SGSMP are fantastic fabrications.

Eden
#16 Posted : 9/11/2010 3:06:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Before getting my GVG, I very much wanted a vaporizing bong, but now I don't see the point.
The biggest advantage of a bong is the ability to take bigger hits. Breathing in vapor, there is absolutely no throat or lung irritation, so one can take a full rip each and every time. And even with the short path of a pipe, dmt still condenses and crystalizes. I assume the loss would be even greater with the larger surface area of a bong.

DiMiTriX
#17 Posted : 9/11/2010 7:26:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ok.. and what about use a budbomb?? it would work imo
Tz'is aná

WSaged
#18 Posted : 9/11/2010 11:59:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Strange Gray Static Mayan Pattern wrote:
The vapobowl above doesn't have the ceramic filter

This one has: http://www.azarius.net/h...le_vaporizers/vapo-bowl/

It's exactly the same as the ceramic filter from VG/GVG, attachable to pipes and bongs. Enjoy.

Although those look kinda the same, their not.

One of the reasons a VG actually works where other "vapor pipes" (or bowl caps) do not, has to do with how far away the actual ceramic filter disc is, not only from the herb in the bowl, but more importantly how far down in the cap it is from the top of the hole. This seems simple, but you are not supposed to touch flame to the ceramic filter, with the type pictured above, the filter is right near the top, making it hard to keep the flame at a good distance. The VG is sized so that when you just pull the flame over the edge of the hole, it will usually stay the perfect distance from the filter.

The idea with these is that the ceramic filter mixes heat from the flame with cool air that is also pulled into the filter when inhaling. When the filter is closer to the top, it pulls too much cool air & it's harder to maintain a good vaporization temp.

Also, keeping an even steady temperature hot enough to vape, but not burn is very, very difficult when trying to pull it through a bong, so using the VG cap on a normal bowl didn't work very well for me....
The bubbling makes the pull through the bowl way too uneven to maintain good vapor.

I know this stuff seems very basic, but seriously, most "vapor pipes" work for shit...the VG works pretty great through! Well Designed!!
The Glass VG are ever much, much better!!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trickster
#19 Posted : 9/12/2010 1:32:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

I've read several VG/GVG related threads and it seems to me that its only significant difference from other pipes is the ceramic filter. The filter function is to prevent the spice burning and provide even heat application.

Therefore the same result could be attained without the filter by using a low temp heat source - e.g. a heat gun. With such a source vaporizing device is almost irrelevant.

Swim successfully uses a heat gun for several months and has found that it is impossible to burn or overheat the spice. Her favorite vaporizing device is a small palm-sized dry bong.

With this combination breakthrough is reliably achieved in one hit. The spice vapor is very smooth and its flow is easily controlled.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

fraterS.O.L.
#20 Posted : 9/20/2010 6:22:08 PM

Bill Nye

Trickster wrote:
I've read several VG/GVG related threads and it seems to me that its only significant difference from other pipes is the ceramic filter. The filter function is to prevent the spice burning and provide even heat application.

Therefore the same result could be attained without the filter by using a low temp heat source - e.g. a heat gun. With such a source vaporizing device is almost irrelevant.

Swim successfully uses a heat gun for several months and has found that it is impossible to burn or overheat the spice. Her favorite vaporizing device is a small palm-sized dry bong.

With this combination breakthrough is reliably achieved in one hit. The spice vapor is very smooth and its flow is easily controlled.

I got a GVG but I was interested in this still. What temperature do you set your heat gun to? 150°F? Lower? Higher? It would be nice to have a few good vaping tools for mini SHE's etc.
"Then he looked right through me
With somniferous almond eyes
Don't even know what that means
Must remember to write it down,
This is so real
Like the time Dave floated away
See my heart is pounding
'Cause this **** never happens to me!"
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

ANYTHING I POST ONLY TOOK PLACE IN REALMS OF PURE IDEA AND THOUGHT, ANY PICTURES I POST ARE STRAIGHT FROM GOOGLE IMAGES. ANY AND ALL PROCESSES I CLAIM TO CARRY OUT HAVE NOT ACTUALLY OCCURRED IN PHYSICAL REALITY, AND THEREFORE VIOLATE NO PHYSICAL LAW. WHEN SUCH THINGS ARE BANNED FROM THOUGHT I WILL CEASE TO CARRY THEM OUT EVEN IN THE ETHER.

12NEXT