DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Electronic Cigarettes? Options

corpus callosum
#1 Posted : 7/17/2010 2:43:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Good day to one and all!

I'm sure some of the Nexians will be aware of the electronic cigarette which is a battery-powered device which looks like a cigarette and has a cartridge containing an inert carrier material infused with a tobacco-extract.In essence its an electronic vaporizer for this extract and is promoted for its reduced health risks compared to smoked tobacco.

Does anyone have one or tried using one?If you have, do you feel it has potential as a DMT vaporiser?
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 7/17/2010 3:10:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I never tried and dont own one since I dont smoke ciggs but as always im interested in experimentations, so Ill be curious if anybody does have experience with e-ciggs and dmt...

Also, not exactly the same but might be relevant: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...posts&t=5076&p=8

MySmelf
#3 Posted : 7/17/2010 3:11:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a "blu" e-cigarette and tried this sometime ago with some yellow oil that wouldn't solidify. This didn't work very well. I had to draw on it until the battery died and only got very slight effects.

Maybe it would work better with a purer material or a larger device like a e-cigar?
Its the MeICNU

I am only someone's imaginary Smelf posting from hyperspace.

Sublime
#4 Posted : 7/17/2010 8:24:48 PM

Intraterrestrial

Yeah I owned one at one point. You get a number of rubber filters that contain nicotine which is then vaporized into a vapor and inhaled. Well I found the taste to be sweet and not as enjoyable as a real cigarette, and the liquid sometimes creates a problem. Plus you have to charge the e-cigarette. I would rather go another route into possibly quitting smoking.

Yeah that's an interesting point, maybe DMT could be vaporized with it, if it did reach a certain temperature. Too bad mine is broken, otherwise that would be something to investigate. Yeah I believe that could be the future of smoking via an electronic device.
"That which I avoid I will become a slave to, that which I confront I will master."

damiana
#5 Posted : 7/17/2010 9:48:57 PM

Cosmic Dragon

I can't imagine it would work. The vaporizers are pretty sensitive and they work best with a very watery liquid. Also, nicotine has a lower molecular weight compared to DMT, meaning you can add just a small amount of nicotine to the oil/flavor liquid stuff (while one would need more DMT to, say, breakthrough [making it more gooey, less watery]).

All in all, I'd say it wouldn't work well. But if the DMT was in a liquid oil medium it might work. Say, q21q21 vinegar dmt oil.

Smile
PEACE

Rollenberg
#6 Posted : 7/22/2010 4:18:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have an Ecigarete, and I have looked into this, the nicotine liquid that it vaporizes is concentrated to the point where less than 1ml is aproximately a pack of cigarettes, in other words, I dont think it will vaporize DMT quick enough to get a decent dose in. Thats just my opinion, but Maybe someone can take a more scientific look into it.

On another note, I know you can "hack" the ecigarettes with a higher voltage battery to get them to burn at a hotter temp, so maybe a stronger battery is all that would be needed... I donno though.
"Every facet, every compartment of your mind is to be programmed by you; if you don’t take the responsibility to program your own mind, the world will program it for you."