CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
GVG burns Options

BGTM236
#1 Posted : 6/11/2010 12:40:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I burned myself for the first time the other night, I cant believe I havnt done it before. Ive passed out before finishing hits, dropped the pipe on the floor, in the bed, or wherever im sitting and ive never been burned. This time the pipe ended up on my desk, but it somehow pressed against the underside of my forearm to give me a few gnarly 2nd degree burns.

The trip was about 20 minutes, and very pleasant. I came down with my arm stinging just slightly and when I realized what I had done, I immediately applied ice to the burns.

Just a cautionary tale. Wear sleeves if you can and whatever you do dont use a torch that stays lit, someone actually contemplated doing this. We arent talking about weed.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

buk
#2 Posted : 6/12/2010 12:26:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I thought it might be worth mentioning that, I think, with burns the correct procedure is to run the burn under the cold tap for 30 minutes to draw the heat out. Applying ice can damage the skin more. I dont meen to be a smart-arse but I had a really bad burn before and luckily there was a doctor visiting at the time who told me this Smile

gammagore
#3 Posted : 6/12/2010 9:46:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It is deffinately advised to use a torch that turns off once you take your finger off. I dont wear long sleeve shirt, but I do use a blanket to cover from my waist down, and I never sit at a desk while I journey, always sitting up on my bed, on the floor leaning on my bed or a whicker chair.

But, how long were you heating the GVG? it must have been a while for it to get so hot. Ive gotten mine pretty hot, but never that hot that it will burn me.

Be safe bro.

BGTM236
#4 Posted : 6/13/2010 7:41:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

gammagore wrote:
It is deffinately advised to use a torch that turns off once you take your finger off. I dont wear long sleeve shirt, but I do use a blanket to cover from my waist down, and I never sit at a desk while I journey, always sitting up on my bed, on the floor leaning on my bed or a whicker chair.

But, how long were you heating the GVG? it must have been a while for it to get so hot. Ive gotten mine pretty hot, but never that hot that it will burn me.

Be safe bro.

I was sitting up in bed, the desk is just adjacent to the bed and is where i intended on setting the pipe down. I dont know how hot the GVG got, but it was ~55 mg dose that i took in one hit. I take it as slow as possible, so i had the torch over the pipe for 25-30 seconds. I typically pass out directly after im done with the hit, so I have no idea how the pipe pressed against my arm, or for how long. The burns look worse than they are because they blistered. They dont hurt at all.

I always wear a pair of loose, light pants and from now on ill be wearing a hoodie or a long sleeve T.

How long do you put your torch to your GVG?

Jorkest
#5 Posted : 6/13/2010 3:22:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

i have never needed to keep the flame on the gvg for that long...id say 10 seconds a tthe most is needed
it's a sound

gammagore
#6 Posted : 6/14/2010 10:06:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Il have to time how long I hold my torch to the GVG, but id say about 10-15 seconds. There comes a time when I dont need to hold the flame anymore, I just pull and it does all the work.

The Traveler
#7 Posted : 6/14/2010 11:31:49 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

My torch is just an average one and I heat up the ceramic element of the GVG in a few seconds to glowing red with it. Then I keep adding heat for another second and pull slowly to start my journey.

If the GVG is too cold though then I can imagine that some of the vapor could condensate against the walls before it can reach your mouth. So keep your GVG stored in a warm place. Pleased

Kind regards,

The Traveler

DMTripper
#8 Posted : 9/1/2010 12:22:49 AM

John Murdoch IV

BGTM236 wrote:
.... and whatever you do dont use a torch that stays lit, someone actually contemplated doing this. We arent talking about weed.

Don't tell me you're using a torch that stays lit!
That's just asking for cremation Sad
โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

kyrolima
#9 Posted : 9/1/2010 2:33:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

oh my god,
that sounds not very smart...
elusive illusion

Ice House
#10 Posted : 9/1/2010 4:29:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

I'm seeing this more and more on posts regarding the GVG. I get the impression that many out there are OVER HEATING the GVG.

I'm not saying you shouldnt get it hot. I am saying that its not like smoking. Many people feel the need to FEEL the hot vapor enter their mouth and lungs. This is how they KNOW they are getting a dose.

Back the heat setting off a bit, the vapor should be warm, you should see it in the pipe, you shouldnt be burning yourself.

IMO you can over heat the GVG. Draw the flame in slow until you see smoke in the chamber, keep it there, if it gets warm back off.

If the flame is still in the bowl and your not getting any more vapor, its not because you need to heat it up more, its because the product is spent. Put more spice or changa in the bowl.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.