CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Freebase DMT pipe residue. Can it be cleaned and recycled? Options

ThirdEyeVision
#1 Posted : 3/18/2010 7:39:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, so a friend of mine pulled out his test tube vaporizer that was only ever used for DMT freebase. It hasn't been used in a bit but the last session had about 800mg vaped in it. He noticed there were crystals growing in it and a ton of residue. It had the infamous new shoe smell. So he poured anhydrous acetone in it to see if he can get a useable product from it. Anyone have any experiance with this? Any advice? Could an activated charcoal filter clean out the burned residue so only saturated acetone is left?
ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

soulfood
#2 Posted : 3/18/2010 7:41:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I'd just evap and smoke.

Unless you folks really can't use a vaporizer I can't imagine there'd be enough worth cleaning.

ThirdEyeVision
#3 Posted : 3/18/2010 8:52:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
I'd just evap and smoke.

Unless you folks really can't use a vaporizer I can't imagine there'd be enough worth cleaning.

He's gonna evap and see what he's got. There were several first timers that choked it up so it's not too surprising what was left. His only concern was to clean out the burned residue. He'll see how it looks.
ThirdEyeVision

amor_fati
#4 Posted : 3/18/2010 10:31:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

This is what SWIM did: https://dmt-nexus.me/forum/defau...aspx?g=posts&t=10182

He used everything he cleaned out of various pieces he had been using and working on to make a tincture, and the tincture's been working remarkably well. He can't say for sure whether the zinc actually did something or not, but the product was entirely decent for the purposes of sublingual use.

ThirdEyeVision
#5 Posted : 3/18/2010 10:40:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, after evap he recovered 166mg of DMT freebase goo. Not bad. Not tested but has the very distinctive smell and taste. Hasn't dried into typical freebase wax yet though.
ThirdEyeVision

ThirdEyeVision
#6 Posted : 3/18/2010 10:44:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

amor_fati wrote:
This is what SWIM did: https://dmt-nexus.me/forum/defau...aspx?g=posts&t=10182

He used everything he cleaned out of various pieces he had been using and working on to make a tincture, and the tincture's been working remarkably well. He can't say for sure whether the zinc actually did something or not, but the product was entirely decent for the purposes of sublingual use.

My friend is actually going to use it for your friends tincture tek. Side note; Any idea how much DMT Acetate can be held in a 5% vinager solution?
ThirdEyeVision

amor_fati
#7 Posted : 3/19/2010 4:00:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

~74mg/mL: https://dmt-nexus.me/forum/defau...osts&t=10624&p=1

That's still fairly an approximation, but SWIM hopes to zero in on a more precise concentration in the near future. In any case, it'll serve you right. Just observe SWIM's and 69ron's tips for efficient administration or it's not likely to work properly.

Dimitri-Trance
#8 Posted : 3/19/2010 12:26:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
I'd just evap and smoke.

Every time Swim tries to vaporize some residue he ends up with the stuff burning and choking hes throat.Mad
Your test tube has to be thin glass an your going to have to baby that shit to get some effectsRolling eyes .

ThirdEyeVision
#9 Posted : 3/19/2010 3:58:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dimitri-Trance wrote:
soulfood wrote:
I'd just evap and smoke.

Every time Swim tries to vaporize some residue he ends up with the stuff burning and choking hes throat.Mad
Your test tube has to be thin glass an your going to have to baby that shit to get some effectsRolling eyes .

it's a standard thickness test tube but it does work amazingliy well. It vap's right away, no baby sitting needed.
ThirdEyeVision

nodice
#10 Posted : 3/19/2010 4:18:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acetone works well for cleaning the pipe... as for salvaging it... I dont know.
have you ever taken that ferry from San Francisco to Berkeley and looked back and seen that while in Berkeley, San Francisco doesn't exist?

amor_fati
#11 Posted : 3/19/2010 4:35:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nodice wrote:

Acetone (also, IPA) does work well for cleaning, but vinegar can be used to clean and salvage.

ThirdEyeVision
#12 Posted : 3/19/2010 6:39:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

amor_fati wrote:
nodice wrote:

Acetone (also, IPA) does work well for cleaning, but vinegar can be used to clean and salvage.

my friend did recover about 166mg after acetone evap. He's making the tincture you described. A quick qestion about that though: 580mg of freebase (which included the 166mg recovered) was added to a 1/2oz tincture bottle and filled with viniger and water bathed and shaken. There are still some floaties so he was going to filter with a funnel and small piece of cotton ball. Surley the dmt would have all absorbed in 1/2 of viniger so the floaties are probably burnt residue....right?
ThirdEyeVision

amor_fati
#13 Posted : 3/19/2010 6:53:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ThirdEyeVision wrote:
my friend did recover about 166mg after acetone evap. He's making the tincture you described. A quick qestion about that though: 580mg of freebase (which included the 166mg recovered) was added to a 1/2oz tincture bottle and filled with viniger and water bathed and shaken. There are still some floaties so he was going to filter with a funnel and small piece of cotton ball. Surley the dmt would have all absorbed in 1/2 of viniger so the floaties are probably burnt residue....right?

Most likely. SWIM filtered his prior to freebase conversion from an acetate then went back into an acetate when he made the tincture.