CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV56789NEXT»
russian olive status ? Options

SnozzleBerry
#121 Posted : 6/28/2011 4:29:29 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Ok, so I'm in the process of doing an extraction on E. umbellata bark/branches. The extraction has been pretty fatty/oily...but following an A/B I have tan and brown precipitates that are in the process of drying. I will be doing at least another one or two A/B's on them...but I think that a defat of the acidified aqueous stage will ultimately prove to be necessary for the most efficient methodology. I will be sending at least one sample to be tested via Endlessness and will continue experimenting over the upcoming days/weeks. My current "results" lead me to believe that felniks red oily extraction makes perfect sense; given the color of the brew, the apparently large quantity of oily lipids in the bark, etc.

I have leaves I will be experimenting with as well. I will be attempting an a/b with no defat at first to see how it compares to the bark... whatever the results are, I will post findings/pics/methods. I also have new growth and old growth and seperated it out as such. My current extraction is on older bark...once I have a methodology, I will compare old and new specimens for alkaloid %.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Felnik
#122 Posted : 6/28/2011 5:11:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

snozz,
great careful work your doing.

I'd like to know the difference between harmane and harmine , can anybody clarify that for me?
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Dreammethodtool
#123 Posted : 6/28/2011 8:21:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fantastic Snozzle, my experimenting with E. angustifolia is on hold for the most part as my fam is doing some holiday time.
As I noted before, after doing an A/B/A a large amount of precipitate came out, though it was a lot, so I do not believe it had much of the actives. It was very dark once filtered out, more like sediment than alks to my mind. I have not checked for activity though.
You say you had precip after basifying? I had nothing coming out, only after acidifying again.
Then once I salted the filtered solution I saw much lighter precip, though I have not been able to filter it (most of it seems to go through coffee filters). I was going to do washes with salt solution and then dry it (Once I have time to put into it again).
What are you doing to defat in the acidified stage?

I am assuming you are trying to get around needing to salt the actives out of solution in order to preserve the various harmalas?

SnozzleBerry
#124 Posted : 7/2/2011 6:46:37 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

I posted my method for the test extraction and my plan for the current extraction over here.

Afaik, when the alks are in the acidified stage, they are water-soluble. In the basified stage, they are insoluble. Precipitates in the acid stage tend to be fats and oils, ime. To defat in the acidic stage, I'm going to put the acidified aqueous solution and xylene into a separatory funnel and agitate it. Afterwards I will separate the aqueous layer and basify it to see how it compares to non-defatted filtration. Then I will a/b it as many times as necessary to get a decently pure product for bioassay.

Felnik wrote:
I'd like to know the difference between harmane and harmine , can anybody clarify that for me?

There are some attached papers in the new thread that cover that somewhat...or at least give some explanation on harmane and its physiological effects.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Dorge
#125 Posted : 7/15/2011 7:19:56 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

Any new news on this research? Any new bioassays?
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

jmaxton
#126 Posted : 7/15/2011 8:13:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm still working on my extractions, but I've learned two things:

1) A vinegar tea made from the bark produces a good bit of precipitate when sodium carbonate is used to basify the tea. I still need to do some cleanup to see what's contaminate vs. Alkaloids, but it's been suggested that basing doesn't work in this situation. This seems to be bunk in my experience. The precipitate is very fine and takes some time to settle, but immediately after adding a saturated sodium carbonate/water solution I could see solids coming out of solution.

2) The product I got seemed active on its own, but I have not used it with spice yet. On its own (vaporized) the effects were heavy feeling extremities much like with bufo and a general feeling of warmth and excitement like with caapi alkaloids. For this test I vaped about 10mg.

These results are based on an A/B a la Gibran2. The impure product assayed was brown in color and dried to a powdery consistency. I hope to repeat my tests in the near future and add some spice to the mix. I'll report back as soon as I have a chance to experiment.

-JM

SnozzleBerry
#127 Posted : 7/15/2011 8:18:40 PM

omnia sunt communia!

jmaxton wrote:
but it's been suggested that basing doesn't work in this situation. This seems to be bunk in my experience.

I don't follow this...can you clarify? Are you just saying that basing does work? Ime, basing worked fine, granted it's a different species...but it should work, at least in theory for all of these harmalas.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

jmaxton
#128 Posted : 7/16/2011 4:40:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:

I don't follow this...can you clarify? Are you just saying that basing does work? Ime, basing worked fine, granted it's a different species...but it should work, at least in theory for all of these harmalas.

There are several reports (some in this thread, If I recall correctly) of A/Bs on Russian olive in which the experimenter says that no precip formed when NaOH was added. Just saying that my experience was different using a weaker base.

SnozzleBerry
#129 Posted : 7/16/2011 6:39:11 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Gotcha, thanks Very happy
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

Felnik
#130 Posted : 7/16/2011 9:13:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I,m wondering how to better refine a crude powder from
A salt extraction on bark . I have a brown salty powder scraped from
Filtering a saturated salt solution with autumn olive bark .
What next ? I,m not sure how to proceed .
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

SnozzleBerry
#131 Posted : 7/17/2011 1:18:04 AM

omnia sunt communia!

A/Bs seem pretty standard/straightforward when dealing with harmalas.

You can dissolve your salts in water, base, collect the precipitates and evaluate FB purity, after which more A/Bs can be performed for increased purity. Right now I'm in the process of extracting more material to find out if the red/brown compound that keeps appearing in my product (even when tan at the beginning of drying) is the result of excessively high pH.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

YTXian
#132 Posted : 9/7/2011 8:54:17 PM

Not an angry scientist but a mad one.

Hey! where'd everyone go?! I'm doing a Manske on some leaf right now and am eager to inspect the results for myself as both russian olive and autumn olive are abundant in my area...wish I had come upon this thread sooner, I could have clarifyied the IDing of these right away as they are VERY common around here.
Yes, some do have long thorns.
Yes, the young ones are smooth and the elder trees are shaggy, almost shredded bark that can be peeled right off with out hurting the tree.
Autumn Olive is silvery on the underside of the leaf where as Russian Olive is silvery on all over it's vegitation.
The youngest saplings are soft and velvety, almost spongy in the stalk and can be found growing up from the base and roots of older trees.
They are so invasive that we can hardly trim them back and pull the new ones fast enuf to protect our gardens here in the Denver valley of the Rocky Mountains.
GREAT WORK GUYS!
YOU RULE!!
LOVE YOU!!!
In this world there are adults and there are children. In fact the world is filled with children; they are angry and hurt, frightened and abused, lazy and ignorant, stubborn and hateful. The world hates an adult and they would rather cause their peers to fail at any venture of self improvement before having to step up and improve their selves so as to maintain pecking order and evidence of the lowley opinion they have of each other. The best of them enslave the others so that they all consume and destroy all there lives in order to satisfy their immense greed claiming that they are providing a future for their legacy and never question the possibility of doing better in order to leave a real future for the children they will leave behind on this, our Earth. They pretend that it is impossible and when cornered they admit their apathy saying that they won't be around to suffer the out come. They hate the adults for exposing their immense weekness. The total failure that they call success. Mean while the adults strive to minimize their own impact and perpetually work to undo the damage already done. The adults who already know; they are the children of tomorrow.

SnozzleBerry
#133 Posted : 9/7/2011 9:04:35 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Here's where I've continued to post on this...
SnozzleBerry wrote:
I posted my method for the test extraction and my plan for the current extraction over here.

I will be bioassaying ~150-200mg this evening after my post-work bike ride and hope to have results up before I go to sleep. Vaping was nice...definitely active and familiar Pleased

My second A/B since the one posted in that thread is currently winding down...I need to filter the extract and rebasify once more at minimum. I still need to get either pieces to fix my blender or add-ons for my food processor, I've been dragging my feet on that but will be doing so before the end of the month. The thing to note with this is the incredibly low yield, which is presented in the scientific literature as well. I will be trying with methanol within the next month as well to compare the ease/efficiency...right now my only bottleneck is having no means for shredding. Once this is rectified I will be going to town as my backyard and surrounding woods are literally teeming with autumn olive.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

aliendreamtime
#134 Posted : 11/21/2011 11:24:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wutsup Everybody!

After learning about the russian olive/harmala situation over the summer, I was delighted to find a russian olive tree on campus...labelled just that. Imagine my excitement as I approached the suspected russian olive. Perfect!

So, I did an ethanol extraction on 3 grams of inner, non-degraded bark using admiral nelsons (lol) Sad . I then heated it to allow evaporation of the ethanol, and I steeped another clump of both leaves and bark (~ 10g bark, ~3g leaves) in hot water for 3 hours, only one wash though. I then combined the two extractions and ingested about 30 minutes ago...beginning to feel the pleasant warmth and change of consciousness though not yet above placebo. The true test is the 0.6g of psilocybe cubies I will ingest in about 10 min. It should be a small enough dose to be a sub-threshold without RIMA action, and active with RIMA. If I can feel the effects, I assume it will indeed potentiate (though I suppose thats been confirmed already). Will follow up tomorrow probably. Sorry for the lack of controls and estimates...at least we get a look from a different angle.

Tastes like aya, maybe a bit worse.

jamie
#135 Posted : 1/24/2012 9:58:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

is there any updates?
Long live the unwoke.

Felnik
#136 Posted : 1/25/2012 2:56:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Funny this thread appeared again just recently did a salt extraction on some
Bark . Cooked a batch of bark in a pressure cooker then did salt extraction .
Filtered , dried then scraped off filter.

Haven't done it in a while , wow it works .
Placed a pinch of powder in vape on mullein .
talk about attitude adjustment . Even with a small amount of
Spice it'd quite amazing and very uplifting.

Once again I still don't understand why more people
Are not working with this stuff . It has alot to offer
Arthur C. Clarke

jamie
#137 Posted : 1/25/2012 3:37:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

so you have not tried it with oral DMT yet?

Yes there does need to be more work with it. It is apparently around my area, but not as much of it as there are in other places. I need to find out where I can find them in my area..surprised with the abundance of these trees in NA more people are not working on this.
Long live the unwoke.

Felnik
#138 Posted : 1/25/2012 4:35:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

this tree grows everywhere here, there are two growing right in my yard in fact.
This tree has strange power and definitely has something to tell us.

I've said it before the synergy with spice is phenomenal. Its energizing and very clear.

I tried some yesterday and today I still feel amazing and uplifted from a small dose.

Arthur C. Clarke

SnozzleBerry
#139 Posted : 1/25/2012 2:16:40 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Occupy and my various pending charges put this on hold for me as my time has been spent in engaging in actions and legal defenses/civil suits. I still need to get either a new food processor or a new base for the food processor I've got.

I hope to collect another large quantity of bark/leaves when the weather warms up a little bit. I have a jar of acidified bark extract somewhere, but it was from the beginning of Occupy and molded due to neglect. I could potentially try to finish the extraction, I was just turned off by having additional crap to filter out.

I'll be trying the pillowcase "boil-in-bag" trick (a la rue extraction) for my next full-length run.

I haven't dosed anything in several months...hopefully when I find some equilibrium I'll be able to test the dimethyl-waters again and if things go well, some MAOI/DMT tests with this will be in order.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

Felnik
#140 Posted : 1/25/2012 6:41:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know it works , powder from very simple salt extraction
Yields a very active substance when vaped.

Also working on tincture made from multiple combined evaps
From basic PC ed bark no salt just boils with vinegar . Once dry it yields a hard crystal laquer that
Can be scraped then heated in glycerin to make tincture .
Working on potency .

Snozz good luck in your battles , The Man. Is a brutal
Unrelenting bastard
Arthur C. Clarke

«PREV56789NEXT»