CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : Blackout with Reddit, WordPress, Wikipedia etcc..
Choice Votes Statistics
Yeah 10 62 %
Nay 6 37 %

PREV123
Blackout Options

Aegle
#41 Posted : 1/16/2012 2:44:57 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Trav

This is awesome news, indeed we will only have change if we create the change ourselves... โ™ฅ

Much Peace and Kindness
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Aegle
#42 Posted : 1/16/2012 4:26:12 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

US Congress Shelves SOPA Bill

Much Peace and Understanding
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

vovin
#43 Posted : 1/16/2012 6:12:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

PIPA is still out there but floundering, Yah looks like the citizens of this country is starting to make a impact. We have the politicians running scared. There is argument that this is all a trick just like the NDAA that they will sneak it in with some other bill, change the name etc...
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

a1pha
#44 Posted : 1/16/2012 9:00:48 PM
โจ€

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

The Traveler wrote:
The Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) in the Senate and Protect IP Act (PIPA) in the House

Just a small point of clarification - I believe SOPA is the House version of PIPA, the Senate's original bill.

PIPA
https://www.eff.org/file...coica_files/GRA11445.pdf

SOPA
http://static.arstechnica.net/2011/10/26/SOPA.pdf
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

vovin
#45 Posted : 1/16/2012 10:00:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

Yes PIPA has been stalled but not killed Wikipedia is joining the blackout which is still on FYI. We won a major battle here but the war is not over. Americans are taking back their country. If this doesnt instill hope that it's not too late to regain control I dont know what will. The world is watching us if we win you better bet nations across the world will follow suit. This is a battle for human rights, not just American rights.

The SOPA bill hasnt been KILLED either just shelved. Many think it will be added to a budget post election much like the NDAA. A ninja signing essentially. They are determined to push this through. They literally forced Spain to pass a SOPA style bill and the Netherlands is getting hit hard by this. Mostly because it is the bastion of piracy. I may be American but I am seriously pissed off at the US Govt thinking it can bully other nations into doing it's will.

Oh and check out this new bill
http://www.westernjourna...-of-the-american-people/

vovin
#46 Posted : 1/17/2012 11:16:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I dunno if this is a good idea or not, But why doesn't the Nexus announce on reddit it's support of the boycott. Despite some views I think 15,000 members is a considerable viewer base. Other sites with less traffic has gotten some publicity, why not the nexus. What do you guys think?

The Traveler
#47 Posted : 1/17/2012 11:42:21 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

vovin wrote:
I dunno if this is a good idea or not, But why doesn't the Nexus announce on reddit it's support of the boycott. Despite some views I think 15,000 members is a considerable viewer base. Other sites with less traffic has gotten some publicity, why not the nexus. What do you guys think?

Will you take the houners for this by making that announcement on reddit? This since I really have to go to sleep now.

A link to the public announcement thread together with some facts like our 15k members would be nice.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

vovin
#48 Posted : 1/17/2012 11:53:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can set it up feed our peeps to upvote it. The issue is will it backfire on us as many closed minded may not take too well. I dont know more people are open minded about this stuff these days and we might bring in a decent number of lost people who have not thought of our society. The question being is it a good idea? If you all agree I will get to it.

i managed to get one article to the front page of reddit myself already #13 right now:

http://www.reddit.com/r/...ogle_joins_the_blackout/

I got by Promethean93 on reddit.

This could also inspire the other communities to join us. Actually you guys with memberships in those forums might wanna mention our blackout.

vovin
#49 Posted : 1/19/2012 4:51:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Guys I mini spammed the nexus on a few hot reddit articles I had running on the front page. Dunno if it will be nothing or a huge inswell but thought you should know.

hehe trying to hack the internet.

The Traveler
#50 Posted : 1/19/2012 5:06:48 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

vovin wrote:
Guys I mini spammed the nexus on a few hot reddit articles I had running on the front page. Dunno if it will be nothing or a huge inswell but thought you should know.

hehe trying to hack the internet.

Hehehe, not a problem. Let them find us and grab a little understanding on the way out.

We have enough bandwidth and CPU power to handle this (CPU is at about 5%, mostly the chat, and network is at a whopping 0.01% use).

Kind regards,

The Traveler

PREV123