CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Boiling to make 10x caapi leaf? Options

behindthelight
#21 Posted : 4/30/2012 1:18:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok, for the guys that have done this. Quick question.

After boiling the leaves and then straining them. You have your caapi infused water. You then add that to the 1g of dry leaves. What do you guys put it in? Do you just put it in a little pyrex dish or something? Can you throw it all in a bowl and throw it in your dehydrator?

How did you guys do it, just want to make sure I get it right.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

tony
#22 Posted : 4/30/2012 1:32:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

behindthelight wrote:
Ok, for the guys that have done this. Quick question.

After boiling the leaves and then straining them. You have your caapi infused water. You then add that to the 1g of dry leaves. What do you guys put it in? Do you just put it in a little pyrex dish or something? Can you throw it all in a bowl and throw it in your dehydrator?

How did you guys do it, just want to make sure I get it right.

I put it in a glass bowl and sit it on top of a reptile heat mat that I have lying around. One of the times I just left it sitting on the window sill and then once a lot of it had evaporated I went at it with a hair dryer. Doesn't really take long if you reduce it a lot before putting it on the plain leaf. I reduce it a good bit, then while it is still good and runny I pour it into the glass bowl then I put the glass bowl on the hob for a while, then once it is thick I put the leaf in.
-Я Ξ √ Ω L U T ↑ Ø N-

behindthelight
#23 Posted : 4/30/2012 4:50:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

cool man...thanks.

tony
#24 Posted : 4/30/2012 5:04:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No problem. Also once it gets dry enough that it just feels tacky but none of the goo sticks on your finger when you touch it you can spread it out on a sheet of paper to get it completely dry.
-Я Ξ √ Ω L U T ↑ Ø N-

River of Thoughts
#25 Posted : 7/11/2012 11:41:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi to make this clear.
If I want to make 1g of caapi x10
1) Boil 10 grams caapi (with lots of water can someone say how much?) for 3 hours.
2) filter out all the leaf
3) boil the water until it gets very low
4) drop 1 gram in the pot with the water thats left and let the leaf absorb all the water?
5) let it dry for a couple days?

One last question if I want to make 5 Grams of caapi x10. All I gotta do is boil 50 grams and then let 5 grams simmer when the water goes low?

smokerx
#26 Posted : 7/14/2012 12:52:50 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

River of Thoughts wrote:
One last question if I want to make 5 Grams of caapi x10. All I gotta do is boil 50 grams and then let 5 grams simmer when the water goes low?

Let me explain : You will never get exactly 10x what ever you do with it. Here is why:

50g + 5g = 55g 55/5= 11 so theoretically you should end up with 11x

but

because you will end up with more then 5g at the end probably between 7 to 10g then you will not get 11x but 7.8x to 5.5x

Hope you understand it better now
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

Mimosa_Man
#27 Posted : 1/27/2014 11:48:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the main point we are all missing is that 1g or 5g or 10g will not magically morph into a larger amount. 1g is still going to be 1g of leaf when you are done, the only thing that will change is the weight of that 1g of leaf. At this point the weight of the 1g is irrelevant because in a 10x caapi blend you will infuse 10grams WORTH of caapi leaf into 1g of actual caapi leaf. This is what makes it 10x, not how much it weighs when you are finished.
"Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
~Albus Dumbledore

anabolic_hippie
#28 Posted : 3/21/2014 2:25:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

by boiling it down into a stronger 10x strengh your still keeping it in thesalt form arent you are harmalas smokable in the salt form i thought they had to be freebase, i have been extracting my harmalas and then putting my extract in my changa if you can smoke harmala in the salt form thats great news for me

Herbaldreams
#29 Posted : 3/24/2014 5:12:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

From my experience harmalas are still active when smoked in salt form. You can just grind up syrian rue seeds and smoke them to get effects, it just doesnt taste very good.

Quote:
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the main point we are all missing is that 1g or 5g or 10g will not magically morph into a larger amount. 1g is still going to be 1g of leaf when you are done, the only thing that will change is the weight of that 1g of leaf. At this point the weight of the 1g is irrelevant because in a 10x caapi blend you will infuse 10grams WORTH of caapi leaf into 1g of actual caapi leaf. This is what makes it 10x, not how much it weighs when you are finished.

This has already been explained a few times here. The 1, 5, or 10 grams doesnt magically morph. Let's say you boil 10 grams then you evaporate that onto 1 gram of leaves. You end up being left with about 2 grams, 1 gram from the residue from the tea you evaporated and the 1 gram of leaves you evaporated it onto. You put 11 grams of plant material into it and ended up with 2 grams. This won't be a 10x extract it will be a 5.5x extract. Its a 5.5x extract because 1 gram is 5.5x as strong as 1 gram that hasnt had anything added to it.

I've been using this method for changa lately. It's quick and easy. It also seems like it makes things burn a little slower. I like it

Earthwalker
#30 Posted : 5/4/2014 6:58:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok I boiled 10g caapi leaf 3+30 then reduced it down then poured over 1g herbs ! All looks good

but is supposed to be so goopy and thick ???

Al-Wasi
#31 Posted : 7/21/2014 7:29:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I went about this the other day. Aiming to make the 17.5x caapi mentioned in the art of changs thread. I took around 18g of caapi leaf and boiled in water for about 3 hours at which point I strained off the leaf and returned the liquid to reduce. Once it was fairly reduced I added 1gram of fresh caapi leaf and let reduce as much as I could and then pored into a small bowl to let evap.
Today I checked and I have around 4 grams of very sticky leaf matter . I'm talking when I touch it I'm left with resin like stuff on my fingers.

Is this how its usppoed to be or should I dry further before adding the DMT?

I was aiming for one gram of this caapi leaf with one gram of DMT. I did not know I'd end up with 4 grams though and I expected something not this sticky. It seems if I add DMT now it will be so sticky it will be hard to work with.

I need advice. Should I let dry further? Or am I better of f just using my harmala vine extract and infusing some fresh leaf? I was hoping to save my extracted caapi vine harmsls for pharma and sublingual sessions.

Is changa always sticky like this?
That moment when you wonder if this time you went too far....

Obviously everything discussed here is the fictional accounts of someone with an out there imagination. I mean really could any of these tales be real?

universecannon
#32 Posted : 7/21/2014 11:00:59 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Dry it out more. It can be sticky but that sounds like it could use a bit more drying.

And there is of course no reason to expect 1gram of caapi leaf to weight 1gram after evaporating that much harmalas onto it- this is actually a very common mistake when making changa. That said extras are always awesome for me, since I love smoking harmala heavy caapi leaf on mushrooms!

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Al-Wasi
#33 Posted : 7/22/2014 12:52:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No I didn't expect it to weigh a gram still afterwards. But didn't think it would be that heavy anyways. I've let it dry out more and now its no longer sticky but resembles cigar tobacco almost. Although it is hard and crumbly to where if you break some up it turns into powder pretty much. This I'd probably due to the fact that when I added the fresh leaf a lot of it stuck together and formed clumps.

I'm actually just considering using my extracted harmalsd from vine to add to some fresh leaf although I wanted to save them for pharma and sublingual sessions or just harmalsd alone.

Seeing as I ended up with this much weight in infused leaf can anyone recommend what a good ratio of this to DMT would be that would be similar in effect to a 1:1 blend with harmalas and DMT on fresh leaf.

I originally planned on using 2 grams of this enriched leaf for one gram of DMT. How would that stack up to the 1:1 blend?

Obviously everything discussed here is the fictional accounts of someone with an out there imagination. I mean really could any of these tales be real?

Al-Wasi
#34 Posted : 7/22/2014 7:08:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The problem I have deciding is that once this enhanced caapi gets soaked in DMT solution I'm afraid the consitinecy once it dries is going to leave a very odd product to smoke.

Right Noe its hard and dry to the point of powdering up when u crumble it.

_Arcane_
#35 Posted : 8/2/2014 5:07:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A question if I may, I boiled 10g b caapi vine and 10g b caapi leaf together then reduced it down and from 1g b caapi leaf + 1g b caapi vine + 1g chaliponga mixed (crumbled and pinched together), I put 2g of the mixed leaf into the reduced liquid (and put the remaining 1g of mixed leaf/vine in a bag for a different blend so wasnt used at all) essentially 33% of each leaf type, does anyone have any idea what "x" ratio that is, I just cant work it out.Confused

Thank you in advance for any help.
LamVamRamYamHamKshamOm

PREV12