DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
The cult of the GVG Options

Trickster
#21 Posted : 12/23/2010 11:07:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

I have no special allegiance to any particular method, but I am a hobbyist and for me a heat gun has lots of other uses. As for vaporizing the spice, it seems to be much more versatile than the GVG. You can use almost anything tubular and heat resisitive to blast off.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

gibran2
#22 Posted : 12/23/2010 11:24:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Trickster wrote:
... recently I've found a source of ceramic filters and I have access to lab glassware. I plan to assemble a homemade GVG to do proper side-by-side testing. A possible candidate for such a glassware is on the attached photo.

P.S. Sorry. No photos ATM.

Would you mind sharing your ceramic filter source? Is it silicon carbide foam?
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Trickster
#23 Posted : 12/23/2010 11:41:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

gibran2 wrote:
Would you mind sharing your ceramic filter source? Is it silicon carbide foam?

I will, once I check it.

Meanwhile, here is the photo of my vaporization devices.

The bong bowl has been broken off but it works.

The other piece of glass has only been tested for vaporizing pure spice. This is the one I plan to fill with SS scrub and plug with a ceramic filter.
Trickster attached the following image(s):
IMG_2003s.jpg (181kb) downloaded 433 time(s).
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

Ice House
#24 Posted : 12/24/2010 5:35:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

I use the GVG exclusively for powdered spice.

The BIG glass bong exclusively for changa.

I use a torch for both.

I break through over 90% of the time on one toke 25-30mg FB DMT, 50-60mg changa 1:1 w/caapi

No matter what vaporizing or smoking device you are using, IT TAKES PRACTICE!
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

corpus callosum
#25 Posted : 12/24/2010 9:03:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

My approach is identical to that of Ice House with comparable results-the only difference is I prefer to use a glass bong only 15cm tall for changa-that certainly delivers the goodies directly!!Wink
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Swarupa
#26 Posted : 12/24/2010 2:56:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This is one cult i want to join.

I can't wait til my GVG arrives to try DMT with no horrible burning taste

Without having tried the GVG its a good thing so many on this site have success with it & report back about it, the first time i took DMT i knew it was special but the method of administration just felt wrong, even using an expensive volcano, im not saying the GVG is the definitive right way at all, but at least we're trying to find the most healthy/efficient/enjoyable way...

In the future i think there will be machines that can administer molecules like DMT into the human brain at the perfect dosage for the subject taking it, and this could even be part of our evolution. A symbiosis of man/plant/machine. So far i've found enhanced leaf to be good for burning it slow, building up to that almighty blast off, so you propell yourself into an OBE rather than blasting off into it. Its like getting it in the system slow, but then it snowballs, but your able to be comfortable while its happening, not necessarily in control of it happening but your just comfortable with it. If this was possible with some kind of IV machine, where you could press the button to give yourself more without opening your eyes...

amor_fati
#27 Posted : 12/26/2010 10:21:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

gibran2 wrote:
With the machine, spice is exposed to direct flame....

Sorry, but this just simply is not true in the case of "the machine" when designed and used in the proper manner. Whatever variation is used, if it is to work how "the machine" is meant to work, the spice is loaded into the side of the mesh plug opposite from where the flame is to be applied. One can burn the spice with shoddy design or improper technique due to over-heating, but no device SWIM's seen yet is without its share of discrepancies, even the GVG (drippage being a major one). The fact of the matter is, that with a little ingenuity, the flaws of any method can be overcome with a bit of ingenuity.

SWIM happens to believe that the VG may be accomplishing a very simple task with a slightly over-complex and pricey method that may not be the best suited for certain substances, and while this may or may not be the case, it's certainly worth his while to try his hand at improving upon it. Sorry, but when SWIM considers how far he's gone with the tiniest of devices, then he looks at a GVG, it seems so bulky and cumbersome. However, he must iterate that he absolutely adores the glass-on-glass joint and the porous ceramic filter of the GVG.

gibran2
#28 Posted : 12/27/2010 3:24:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

amor_fati wrote:
gibran2 wrote:
With the machine, spice is exposed to direct flame....

Sorry, but this just simply is not true in the case of "the machine" when designed and used in the proper manner. Whatever variation is used, if it is to work how "the machine" is meant to work, the spice is loaded into the side of the mesh plug opposite from where the flame is to be applied. One can burn the spice with shoddy design or improper technique due to over-heating, but no device SWIM's seen yet is without its share of discrepancies, even the GVG (drippage being a major one). The fact of the matter is, that with a little ingenuity, the flaws of any method can be overcome with a bit of ingenuity.

SWIM happens to believe that the VG may be accomplishing a very simple task with a slightly over-complex and pricey method that may not be the best suited for certain substances, and while this may or may not be the case, it's certainly worth his while to try his hand at improving upon it. Sorry, but when SWIM considers how far he's gone with the tiniest of devices, then he looks at a GVG, it seems so bulky and cumbersome. However, he must iterate that he absolutely adores the glass-on-glass joint and the porous ceramic filter of the GVG.

Itā€™s my understanding that ā€œThe Machineā€, in its simplest form, consists of a metal mesh ā€œplugā€ that fits into an opening of a chamber (typically a glass bottle), that DMT is melted into the mesh, that the mesh is heated with a flame of some sort, and that the vapor/smoke produced is inhaled through another opening.

Even if the DMT is put on the inside of the mesh (the side away from the flame), there is no assurance that once melted, due to vagaries of temperature gradients in the mesh, it wonā€™t migrate to other areas of the mesh. It is therefore possible that the DMT will be exposed to direct flame when using the machine.

Iā€™m not knocking the machine ā€“ I used a ā€œmini-bongā€ variation of it for almost a year. It generally worked well, but it doesnā€™t compare to a GVG. From my own experience using the GVG with a thin metal-mesh disc, there is no drippage or migration of liquid DMT.

There are many very nice devices out there, both commercially available and those designed by Nexus members and others. Some require more finesse to get good results than others. But as a devoted member of ā€œthe cult of the GVGā€, I must say that I have yet to see a device that produces comparable results.

(Thereā€™s a device that Iā€™ll soon be trying that has the potential to beat the GVG. Stay tunedā€¦)
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Nature Boy
#29 Posted : 12/27/2010 12:30:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMTripper wrote:
My machine costed me around $5.
It was just a small glass pipe very similar to this one

http://www.grasscity.com...s-steamroller-small.html

but costed me around $5 and the bowl stuffed with brillo. Worked great.

NOOOOO....NOT Brillo, steel wool!!! Brillo has soaps and surfactants in it that will make you VERY, VERY sick if you smoke it. Do not even attempt cleaning Brillo and using it. You must go to a hardware store and get the appropriate gauge STEEL WOOL.

N.B.

Xt
#30 Posted : 12/27/2010 4:44:03 PM

Do a search for ''Volcano Liquid Pad''

ā€œRight here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.ā€
ā€• Terence McKenna

mattritt
#31 Posted : 12/27/2010 6:19:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

GVG makes my cock hard every time I think about using it. It just works so well.
Step forward into your cave. That's right. You're going deeper into your cave. And you're going to find, your power animal...

Imagine your pain as a white ball of healing light. It moves over your body, healing you. Now keep this going, remember to breathe, and step forward through the backdoor of the room. Where does it lead?

amor_fati
#32 Posted : 12/27/2010 6:46:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

gibran2 wrote:
Even if the DMT is put on the inside of the mesh (the side away from the flame), there is no assurance that once melted, due to vagaries of temperature gradients in the mesh, it wonā€™t migrate to other areas of the mesh. It is therefore possible that the DMT will be exposed to direct flame when using the machine.

Possible, maybe, but typically spice runs from the heat, migrating from the flame to cooler areas of the mesh or other routes if available (hence the run-off and drip of particular devices). Burning with "the machine" most commonly results from overzealousness with the heat application and perhaps a lack of adequate airflow--burning from overheating rather than contact with the flame.

Quote:
(Thereā€™s a device that Iā€™ll soon be trying that has the potential to beat the GVG. Stay tunedā€¦)

Very nice. Perhaps that'll settle some of the disappointments of the e-cig and nebulizer approaches.

hummus
#33 Posted : 12/27/2010 7:05:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Another way that works very well if you're sitting around a campfire is getting a nice clean stick (preferably out of oak or some non-minging wood) and shoving it around in the embers a bit, getting it nice and hot and burning, blow it a bit to get the excess ash off and have a nice cherry ember going on the end of it and using that as your heat source. It's gentle enough that it won't burn the spice but vapes very nicely.

hummus
#34 Posted : 12/27/2010 7:50:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nature Boy wrote:
DMTripper wrote:
My machine costed me around $5.
It was just a small glass pipe very similar to this one

http://www.grasscity.com...s-steamroller-small.html

but costed me around $5 and the bowl stuffed with brillo. Worked great.

NOOOOO....NOT Brillo, steel wool!!! Brillo has soaps and surfactants in it that will make you VERY, VERY sick if you smoke it. Do not even attempt cleaning Brillo and using it. You must go to a hardware store and get the appropriate gauge STEEL WOOL.

N.B.

Steel wool also burns very easily under a lighter flame .. and believe me it's the last thing you want to happen inhaling a load of steel fumes while coming up very strongly on dmt .. copper is a lot harder to burn, my machine is a NOS canister with the top sawn off, I stripped a load of fine gauge copper wire and twisted it up into a ball, heated it red hot with a lighter to clean it and squished it into the canister. This combined with a nice glowing ember on the end of a stick has always been effective ..

gibran2
#35 Posted : 2/6/2011 10:08:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

elru wrote:
gibran2 wrote:
Iā€™ve noticed that most (all?) of the people who say that their current non-GVG device is great havenā€™t actually used a GVG. Are there ANY users who have used both the GVG and a -- insert name of your current favorite device here-- and still find their former device superior? I canā€™t recall any members whoā€™ve said something like ā€œI got a GVG and have tried it, but I still prefer my ā€¦ā€.

I got a GVG and have tried it, but I still prefer my glass tube from Lowe's. It's a glass tube that I painted, connected to an empty bottle with some plastic tubing. The bottle is so the vapor can cool down a bit.

I suggest you work with the GVG a bit more. If the contraption youā€™re using is producing results superior to the GVG, then youā€™re very likely not using the GVG correctly.

Could you describe in detail how youā€™ve been using the GVG?

PREV12