DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Making Changa with caapi extract Options

SLiCeR
#1 Posted : 7/10/2011 5:16:14 PM

SLiCeR

Hi
I just recently performed this tek: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...lkaloid_Extraction_Guide
on some b.caapi vine and want to make some changa.

My question is how do i go about infusing the alkaloids i extracted from the caapi with the spice?
would i dissolve the spice and caapi extract with some acetone and then place my caapi leaves (or whatever material)
in the acetone? and also how much caapi extract will i need to add for this to work properly? like say a gram of caapi extract to a gram of spice to a gram of smoking material? (in my case caapi leaves)

I am currently reading through the thread A guide to DMT enhanced changa
found here; https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=3539

but im not exactly sure if i can use the amounts posted here for the caapi vine extract as i'm not sure how purer alkaloids were extracted using the tek i used since it was a pretty fast extraction opposed to the other 3 week alternative.
Can anyone tell me if i culd use the same ratios i found on the changa thread for this caapi extract i made?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

MelCat
#2 Posted : 7/10/2011 5:55:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Harmalas don't really dissolve in acetone so you've be better off using some kind of alcohol.

Take 200-300mg of your caapi extract and dissolve it in alcohol. Once it's dissolved, add 1g of spice. Once that's dissolved, add 1g of leaf.

Once everything is soaked up, fluff it up and let all traces of alcohol evap.

Hope this helps Smile
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

SLiCeR
#3 Posted : 7/10/2011 6:16:10 PM

SLiCeR

Melodic Catastrophe wrote:
Harmalas don't really dissolve in acetone so you've be better off using some kind of alcohol.

Take 200-300mg of your caapi extract and dissolve it in alcohol. Once it's dissolved, add 1g of spice. Once that's dissolved, add 1g of leaf.

Hope this helps Smile

You basically answered my question perfectly Smile

could i possible add more caapi extract to lengthen experience even more or is this as much as i should put in and no more extra?

MelCat
#4 Posted : 7/10/2011 6:24:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's a matter of preference I guess. I personally like to make my changa harmala heavy but others prefer lighter harmalas.

The best changa I made was with 1g full spectrum spice, 1g mullien, 500mg extracted rue harmalas and 300mg of caapi alks.

Everyone who tried some was instantly in love and all stated it was the best ever.

smokerx
#5 Posted : 7/10/2011 6:33:33 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

It's a matter of preference I guess. I personally like to make my changa harmala heavy but others prefer lighter harmalas.

The best changa I made was with 1g full spectrum spice, 1g mullien, 500mg extracted rue harmalas and 300mg of caapi alks.

Everyone who tried some was instantly in love and all stated it was the best ever.

How would this combo work ? 1g spice with .6g of 12x caapi leaves, 200mg of harmalas from yellow caapi, .2 mint leaves, .2 mullien the rest blue lotus and lavender ?

what do you think ? BL and Lavender added after
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

MelCat
#6 Posted : 7/10/2011 7:17:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds pretty yummy. I'm sure it would be a winner. Give it a shot and let us know. Very happy

smokerx
#7 Posted : 7/10/2011 7:36:53 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

Sounds pretty yummy. I'm sure it would be a winner. Give it a shot and let us know. Very happy

I will. I was thinking about this blend for some time and also preparing the herbs and extracts. I feel this one will be very nice. Can't wait Smile

thank you for your opinion
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

Dorge
#8 Posted : 7/10/2011 9:00:50 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

Yeah add the lotus and lavender after words. That will work great.
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

SLiCeR
#9 Posted : 7/23/2011 11:42:18 PM

SLiCeR

Hope this helps Smile

Could i just use like normal vodka?

going to do an evap test but i am assuming normal vodka should work, just want to be sure lol

Also would it be ok to use chacruna leaves and some blue lotus as the herbs i will be infusing into?
and would it it better to use more chacruna leaves than blue lotus or vice versa?
anyone had any experience with a mix similar to this?

MelCat
#10 Posted : 7/24/2011 12:01:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SLiCeR wrote:

Well, the thing is...

Freebase harmalas are really hard to dissolve in pretty much any solvent other than DCM or chloroform.

If you go the vodka route, I'd suggested adding a couple of drops of vinegar to create harmala acetates which are easily soluble in water/alcohol and can also be smoked safely.

Just don't use too much so it doesn't get too stinky.

I don't have any experience with chacruna so hopefully someone else can assist with that.

SLiCeR
#11 Posted : 7/24/2011 12:13:59 AM

SLiCeR

SLiCeR wrote:

Well, the thing is...

Freebase harmalas are really hard to dissolve in pretty much any solvent other than DCM or chloroform.

If you go the vodka route, I'd suggested adding a couple of drops of vinegar to create harmala acetates which are easily soluble in water/alcohol and can also be smoked safely.

Just don't use too much so it doesn't get too stinky.

I don't have any experience with chacruna so hopefully someone else can assist with that.

Ok thanks mate, ill do an evap test on my vodka and then add 2 drops of vinegar when adding the freebase harmalas. Thanks for all ur help

Now just to see if i can use these chacruna leaves or if i should maybe just use blue lotus instead of using chacruna leaves at all?

MelCat
#12 Posted : 7/24/2011 12:22:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No problemo, my pleasure Very happy

As far as the chacruna goes, I'd smoke some on it's own to see how it is on the lungs and tastebuds. If that didn't go so well, I'd make a menstrum and evap it onto some mullein and blue lotus with the harmalas.

SLiCeR
#13 Posted : 7/24/2011 12:44:51 AM

SLiCeR

No problemo, my pleasure Very happy

As far as the chacruna goes, I'd smoke some on it's own to see how it is on the lungs and tastebuds. If that didn't go so well, I'd make a menstrum and evap it onto some mullein and blue lotus with the harmalas.

Gonna give smoking a bowl of chacruna a go in about 30 mins ill report back.
What do you mean by a make a menstrum?
and what are common places to by mullein? maybe Chinese tea shops?
and should i use mullein leaf or flowers?

LOL sorry for all the questions i hate doing things wrong and being let down

MelCat
#14 Posted : 7/24/2011 2:43:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SLiCeR wrote:

No worries. Hopefully all these questions will help someone else out later as well.

By menstrum I mean soak the chucruna in some IPA or everclear for 30 days. You'll want to shake the bottle at least once per day. Then filter all of the plant matter out of the solution (the solution is the menstrum) and evap it onto your smoking blend.

You can get it at most any herb shop and it grows wild in most areas. I got mine online from BBB. I can't say the exact name since this thread isn't in the suppliers section. Mine was a chopped up mix of flowers and leaves so I'm honestly not sure which would be better. I would assume the flowers but that is pure speculation.

Dorge
#15 Posted : 7/24/2011 4:33:57 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

Works fine with just vodka btw.... The higher the proof the better really though.
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

MelCat
#16 Posted : 7/24/2011 9:28:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dorge wrote:
Works fine with just vodka btw.... The higher the proof the better really though.

Sweet, I'll give it a shot here soon. I've got some Grey Goose in the freezer, I'm not sure if that's high enough proof or not.

Do you happen to still have the link to that little electronic home distiller you posted about awhile ago? I've tried to find it a few times but without much luck. I'd really like to give it a shot sometime.

Dorge
#17 Posted : 7/24/2011 10:54:43 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

It's got to be higher proof then grey goose. Over 151 if you can. That what's nice about a still you can increase the proof of your vodka through further distillation.
There's lots of better stills then the electric one. Hillbilly stills and mile high distillation is good for the same price. Mile high has these tight stainless ones!

SLiCeR
#18 Posted : 7/24/2011 6:57:15 PM

SLiCeR

SLiCeR wrote:

No worries. Hopefully all these questions will help someone else out later as well.

By menstrum I mean soak the chucruna in some IPA or everclear for 30 days. You'll want to shake the bottle at least once per day. Then filter all of the plant matter out of the solution (the solution is the menstrum) and evap it onto your smoking blend.

You can get it at most any herb shop and it grows wild in most areas. I got mine online from BBB. I can't say the exact name since this thread isn't in the suppliers section. Mine was a chopped up mix of flowers and leaves so I'm honestly not sure which would be better. I would assume the flowers but that is pure speculation.

Think i will just go with ipa since its much easier to obtain and cheaper.

I'm thinking im just going to use like 70% blue lotus and 30% chacruna leaves as the herbal blend i will be infusing my dmt and harmala into.

I can't be bothered making a menstrum as it takes up too much time and all i would be getting from the chacruna would be dmt right? as far as i know thats what chacruna is used for, and it has really low amounts. I really only bought the chacruna as some sort of substitute for b.caapi leaves (just needed something to ifuse my harmala and dmt into to make changa. For some reason b caapi leaves are hard to get here as no one in the headshops seems to think they could be used for much Sad

Dorge
#19 Posted : 7/24/2011 7:06:35 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

There stands no reason to soak chacruna and Evap to make a smoking base. Caapi leaf, rue, passion flower, Russian olive it would seem. That's all good for soaking and evaping onto your smoking blend for making the 10x etc bases.... The goal is to concentrate the harmalas for smoking. There are no harmalas in chacruna.

"I'm thinking im just going to use like 70% blue lotus and 30% chacruna leaves as the herbal blend i will be infusing my dmt and harmala into."

Yeah sounds good.

soma_seeker
#20 Posted : 7/28/2011 6:08:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

smokerx wrote:

How would this combo work ? 1g spice with .6g of 12x caapi leaves, 200mg of harmalas from yellow caapi, .2 mint leaves, .2 mullien the rest blue lotus and lavender ?

what do you think ? BL and Lavender added after

Just wondering why it is important to add the BL and lavender afterwards?...

SWIM was thinking of making a mix which is 1.0g spice, 0.5g passionflower, 0.5g BL, 0.45g(?) caapi alks. (SWIM has some damiana that I could work into the mix.....)

Should SWIM simply dissolve the alks in ethanol, add and dissolve the spice, then add both the herbs and evap? Or is there a reason that BL shouldn't be prep'd in this way?...

cheers Smile

123NEXT