CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Smoking a breakthrough dose in 1 hit versus 2 or 3 hits. Options

RobMarley
#1 Posted : 2/4/2011 1:33:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would like to hear some of you opinions and thoughts about inhaling a breakthrough dose in 1 hit versus spreading it out over 2 or 3 hits.

I have never broken through so I can not comment. But the main reason I am interested in this topic is becasue I smoke my DMT out of a bong and always inhale the dose in one massive hit. And everytime it is extremely intense. The intensity of it is so frightening that I am afraid to breakthrough. I'm wondering if I'd be better off inhaling the dose in 2 smaller hits.

Is the comeup less intense with mulitple hits?

Do you need a slightly bigger dose with miltiple hits?

Is the trip itself less intense with multiple hits?
Transcend The Limitations of Physical Reality.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ragabr
#2 Posted : 2/4/2011 2:19:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

RobMarley wrote:

It's like an S-curve, quick build up till the first hit peaks, and then another build up while the second hit comes on.
RobMarley wrote:

Yup
RobMarley wrote:

In SWIM's experience, this depends mostly on the size of the last hit. Whether a single hit, or multiple.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

soulfood
#3 Posted : 2/4/2011 2:54:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I like to do it in one, purely because when I get to the stage where I'm just about there, but not quite, my motor skills are higly compromised and I can't finish the job.

dreamer042
#4 Posted : 2/4/2011 3:00:08 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Sheer volume of smoke, filling the lungs 3-4 times is more effective than filling the lungs one time.

take the third hit Smile

edit: technically that should probably read vapor instead of smoke
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

gibran2
#5 Posted : 2/4/2011 3:01:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Short answer:

Multiple hits using a device such as the “machine” produces a quick but manageable come-up or breakthrough transition. Taking too many hits too slowly may prevent a breakthrough or require a larger dose to achieve breakthrough.

A single rapid hit with a GVG (where a full dose is inhaled in a second or two) produces a breakthrough transition so rapid that often there really is no discernable come-up at all. The experience itself is often qualitatively different from a multiple inhalation experience. It is a different “level” of experience, and often very difficult to handle.

Long answer:

I divide my life with DMT into two phases: the pre-GVG phase and the GVG phase. Prior to getting the GVG, I tried a variety of methods, but ended up using a small bong with a copper mesh disc over the bowl – basically a water-cooled “machine”.

It was very easy to burn spice with that setup, so it had to be heated very gently. As a result, I almost always had to take multiple hits – usually two, sometimes three. On rare occasions when everything worked perfectly, I could get a full dose in a single hit.

As you know, the effects of DMT take hold quite rapidly. Since I use it alone, this was a bit of a problem for me. If the first hit was too big, I’d have trouble coordinating all of the various actions necessary (something you don’t even think of when sober, but very hard after a good hit of DMT!) and I also would lose all sense of depth, so it was hard to line up the bowl with the lighter.

As a result, I usually tried to make the first hit a smaller one, and get the remainder in the second hit. This sometimes worked, sometimes didn’t. When it did, the breakthrough transition was quite intense and usually very beautiful.

The GVG changed everything. I use a thin copper mesh disc in the GVG, and because of the way the GVG heats the chamber, most of the DMT vaporizes in a very short period of time – maybe a second or two. So as I’m inhaling, for the first five seconds or so, there’s very little vapor produced (the disc is getting up to vaporization temperature). Then the DMT all vaporizes at once. This is rather shocking – to inhale a full dose of dense vapor in a second or two is itself quite an experience.

Very often there is no breakthrough transition at all. Sometimes there’s a blackout period, and then I suddenly find myself in hyperspace. I always use sublingual harmalas in conjunction with vaporized DMT, and knowing that this slows things down a bit, I can’t imagine how fast it would be without harmalas. With sufficient dose (and not a very high dose), the nature of the breakthrough is very different. I would consider it to be a different “level” of breakthrough experience. And it is often a very difficult level.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

gibran2
#6 Posted : 2/4/2011 3:06:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
Sheer volume of smoke, filling the lungs 3-4 times is more effective than filling the lungs one time.

take the third hit Smile

edit: technically that should probably read vapor instead of smoke

That makes no sense. A given mass of DMT produces the same amount of vapor regardless of how many hits you take. 30mg of DMT produces 30mg of vapor when vaporized. When you are taking multiple hits, you are likely diluting the vapor with air.

Also, with multiple hits, your body is absorbing the dose over a longer period of time. In a very extreme case, let’s say you consumed 30mg of DMT in 30 inhalations. Each inhalation of 1mg DMT would probably be absorbed and metabolized before you even started taking your next hit. As a result, you wouldn’t feel any effects at all.

It really isn’t the number of hits that’s significant – it’s how rapidly the DMT is delivered to your brain.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Newfound_wonder
#7 Posted : 2/4/2011 6:26:15 PM

Harvie Krumpet

I say spread it out if it's too intense for one breath. The transition from "interspace" to "hyperspace" is stressful. It takes work for your neurons to process the signaling cascade induced by DMT binding to various receptors, and too much DMT binding at one time may be just a little more than your neurons care to deal with. Inhaling the same dosage over a longer period of time could bring you the cognitive, auditory, and visual effects without it feeling too intense. So my answer to your questions would be:

Quote:

Yes, slightly, and no (assuming that by less intense you mean less meaningful or less valuable).

Ultimately it will be up to you to find the right dosage and rate of inhalation that works best for your body and life, if you choose to partake.
Every tool is dangerous when misused. That is no reason not to use tools.
Isn't it strange that a gift can be an enemy?

corpus callosum
#8 Posted : 2/4/2011 8:03:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Gibran2 is absolutely right-one inhalation is qualitatively much more intense than multiple hits-so much so that I think many people would find it overwhelming to inhale 25-30mg or more of correctly vaporised DMT this way.It definitely projects you much further than consuming the same dose in say 2 or 3 breaths.The one hit approach is my preferred method.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

RobMarley
#9 Posted : 2/4/2011 8:14:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

corpus callosum wrote:
Gibran2 is absolutely right-one inhalation is qualitatively much more intense than multiple hits-so much so that I think many people would find it overwhelming to inhale 25-30mg or more of correctly vaporised DMT this way.It definitely projects you much further than consuming the same dose in say 2 or 3 breaths.

That is what I was thinking.

For me, a 20mg dose inhaled in one massive hit was overwhelming.

Next time I'm going to split it into 2 smaller hits and see how that goes.
Transcend The Limitations of Physical Reality.

soulfood
#10 Posted : 2/4/2011 8:20:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Or why not try 10mg in one hit?

Ice House
#11 Posted : 2/4/2011 8:36:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

If you do 20mgs correctly and or efficienty, so that you get all of the vapor that 20mg has to offer you, more than likely, will not need the second hit.

One good breath is all it takes if you vape it right.

The way to resolve your dilema is to look at efficiency in vaporizing and not multiple tokes.
One toke done correctly will be better than 10 done half ass. Every single time.

Your goal is to get all the vapor out of 20mg, that 20mg has to offer. All of it. That is the key.

I never do more than one. One breaks me through 90% of the time.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

gibran2
#12 Posted : 2/4/2011 10:28:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

RobMarley wrote:
...I smoke my DMT out of a bong and always inhale the dose in one massive hit. And everytime it is extremely intense. The intensity of it is so frightening that I am afraid to breakthrough. I'm wondering if I'd be better off inhaling the dose in 2 smaller hits.

I read your original post again, and thought of something that hasn’t been mentioned yet:

A DMT breakthrough is extremely intense, regardless of how you get there. That’s just the nature of DMT. Taking several hits instead of one may slow the transition down a bit, but a breakthrough via vaporized DMT is an extremely intense experience. No getting around that.

Mindlusion
#13 Posted : 2/4/2011 10:30:22 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

I have only ever broken through with a single hit.

I use a small bong with a small cone bowl for breaking through, So usually I can only get about 2 hits out of it before its cashed.

I just take one DEEEEEP hit, to the bottom of my lungs. Usually, the come up is so fast, I don't remember blowing out the smoke, or any come up at all for that matter.

It can be rather frightening, because it happens so fast, but I always have trouble breaking through when spacing out the dosage. I think I could breakthrough with multiple hits if I used a bigger bowl.

Big hit, place bong on table, hyperspace.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

gibran2
#14 Posted : 2/4/2011 10:33:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mindlusion wrote:
...Its like: Big hit, place bong on table, hyperspace.

You forgot one part: Big hit, place bong on table, last thought is “Oh no, what have I done?!”, hyperspace. Shocked

dreamer042
#15 Posted : 2/4/2011 10:35:33 PM

Dreamoar

theoretically if you got all the vapor possible in one inhalation that would be the most efficient means. Most people's lungs have a hard time handling 30-50mg worth of vapor in one breath usually you can only take so much, if someone can manage it all I say, kudos to you leather lungs! ime most of us however will need to go back for the rest.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Mindlusion
#16 Posted : 2/4/2011 10:44:28 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

dreamer042 wrote:
theoretically if you got all the vapor possible in one inhalation that would be the most efficient means. Most people's lungs have a hard time handling 30-50mg worth of vapor in one breath usually you can only take so much, if someone can manage it all I say, kudos to you leather lungs! ime most of us however will need to go back for the rest.

Its the only thing smoking has ever done for me Laughing

I guess weed helped too.

gibran2 wrote:
Mindlusion wrote:
...Its like: Big hit, place bong on table, hyperspace.

You forgot one part: Big hit, place bong on table, last thought is “Oh no, what have I done?!”, hyperspace. Shocked

Then finally... Shocked WHOAShocked Laughing
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

gibran2
#17 Posted : 2/4/2011 10:46:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:

I’m not a smoker and have fairly sensitive lungs, yet I have no trouble taking in and holding a dose in a single inhalation. I also doubt that most people would need anywhere near 50mg of DMT if they were able to efficiently vaporize a dose and inhale it in a single rapid hit.

I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with multiple hits. In fact, the shock of my last single-hit breakthrough was too much and I’ve not taken a breakthrough dose in over 7 months as a result. Sometimes slower is better.

dreamer042
#18 Posted : 2/4/2011 11:31:23 PM

Dreamoar

I must say, If a gvg really can get all 30mg in one go that's pretty damn impressive and I think I'm finally sold on it Very happy

aetherbound
#19 Posted : 2/8/2011 12:57:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have had a GVG for quite some time now and just recently tried using it again for vaping DMT...My first few attempts were varied...too little spice then too much spice. Too little and just felt extremely uncomfortable, too much (65 mg) and I was upright and twisting in the bed , stuck in a loop where the room was folding in on itself and I could do nothing about it. That was when I went back to a small glass steamroller and the three toke method...works 90% of the time...

I have recently introduced the spice to a couple of family members and really need to master the GVG so they can get a breakthrough dose...Getting over the fear of the instantaneous breakthrough is a tough on though, but I am working my way up to one of those doses...

Aetherbound
In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order..Jung
All above writing with the exception of Dr. Jung's quote is pure mushroom encrusted cowpie!

yaxar
#20 Posted : 2/8/2011 3:57:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

One full toke's nuff for me but i take a second hit intentionally, kinda like telling my physical body about it Razz . . def helps breaking through.
Observing in Silence!

-------------Everything posted by this user are the insane ramblings of an itch that is in the deepest oceans and highest skies. The author holds no responsibility for any content published.-------------

http://toomanybloggersontheweb.blogspot.com/

12NEXT