CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Combining DMT with Xanax and/or Zoloft Options

w0mbat
#1 Posted : 2/2/2011 1:48:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just wondering about the wisdom of this. I've heard that alcohol with DMT is a really bad idea, but don't know if the same applies to benzos.
benzyme wrote:

i'm tellin ya, one day i'll interface a mass spec and uv-vis spectrophotometer to a modular synthesizer

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

RobMarley
#2 Posted : 2/2/2011 2:39:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

With most psychedelics benzos seem to kill the trip and dull everything.

I would think it would be the same with DMT, but I am not sure.

It would be nice if xanax did not kill the DMT trip at all because xanax makes me feel fearless and I know it would help a lot with the pre-trip anxiety.
Transcend The Limitations of Physical Reality.

w0mbat
#3 Posted : 2/2/2011 3:37:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

RobMarley wrote:
help a lot with the pre-trip anxiety.

exactly what I was thinking. Xanax has a mechanism similar to alcohol, though, and I've heard that if you combine DMT and booze all you do is puke and black out.
benzyme wrote:

i'm tellin ya, one day i'll interface a mass spec and uv-vis spectrophotometer to a modular synthesizer

olympus mon
#4 Posted : 2/2/2011 5:21:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

w0mbat wrote:
RobMarley wrote:
help a lot with the pre-trip anxiety.

exactly what I was thinking. Xanax has a mechanism similar to alcohol, though, and I've heard that if you combine DMT and booze all you do is puke and black out.

i dont agree with that. ive smoked dmt many a nights after drinking much alcohol and had some great breakthroughs. ive never gotten sick, maybe black out journeys are more likely but not guaranteed.
xanax...yes it will work against the tryptamines for sure but not harmful from my experience.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Dorge
#5 Posted : 2/2/2011 6:37:23 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

feel the face of your fear and come out the other side. Fear is just information, like pain, it's telling yourself somthing very useful. Trust your body, listen to it... And respond with some god damn courage for fuck sakes...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

Bancopuma
#6 Posted : 2/2/2011 11:01:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Personally I'm against the idea of mixing benzos and psychedelics, and am not a really a fan of benzos generally. It's like going deep sea diving with arm bands on. If you can't face the fear of what may lie in those murky depths, go paddle in the shallow end. Wink

rOm
#7 Posted : 2/2/2011 1:11:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^ what bancopuma said.
On the other hand it helps a lot to take care of the set and setting (cleaning the place, taking a relaxing bath) and eventually smoke, or eat/sublingual harmalas/caapi tea will make oneself less stress and It' does help a lot in making sense of the reason why you experience this.
But there si no need to escape the pain when dealing with entheogens. It may greatly make only things worst.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

teotenakeltje
#8 Posted : 2/2/2011 2:31:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

if you need to take xanax before tripping, then the time is just not right. Wait for a better moment....
Xanax is addictive don't forget about that...i've seen my mom suffer from it.
I wouldn't touch that crap

Ice House
#9 Posted : 2/2/2011 2:54:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Dorge wrote:
feel the face of your fear and come out the other side. Fear is just information, like pain, it's telling yourself somthing very useful. Trust your body, listen to it... And respond with some god damn courage for fuck sakes...

Well put Dorge!

My experience with booze and DMT was that it seemed to work fine. That was a couple of years ago, I know I never had blackouts or nausea from it. I do remember I did break through.

This benzo question comes up quite often.

Benzos and DMT for me is a different story. Benzos are a buzz kill plain and simple, benzos completelty retard the experience for me.

Face tour fear! You just tear yourself up inside by not stepping up and going for it. Put the fear to rest.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

blue_velvet
#10 Posted : 2/2/2011 8:42:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you need benzos, don't do it. Also, don't do it if you need to manipulate your environment and your state of mind either. That would be cheating. You should be in an old abandoned house, trapped in a closet, surrounded by the sounds of heavy machinery and police sirens. Otherwise, you're missing out on the true experience.

ragabr
#11 Posted : 2/2/2011 8:51:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@blue_velvet, one difference that immediately appears to me, is that with benzos, you are running away from an internal source of anxiety. Why even use DMT if you're not willing to face these things?
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

blue_velvet
#12 Posted : 2/2/2011 10:11:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ragabr wrote:
She thinks working with the changa sounds like the perfect way to go. She likes to set aside 45 minutes and go slow with the changa, breaking through one or two times going progressively deeper.

It's similar to another anxiety reducing techniques of hitting a very small dose and using that to allow the anxiety to dissipate.

Here you briefly explain a couple of methods to get a handle on DMT related anxiety. However, you stated "with benzos, you are running away from an internal source of anxiety." Apparently, the former methods are acceptable, but the latter is not. Are you not running away from an internal source of anxiety when using more holistic methods to calm yourself? Folks use music and mantras to calm themselves before a trip. Why won't they face their anxiety head-on? Is it perhaps the axiom that synthetic chemicals are not to be trusted, especially in the sacred context of entheogenic practice?

ragabr
#13 Posted : 2/2/2011 10:47:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

With the methods I described, one still deals with the anxiety. You go up to whatever level of anxiety you can process, and wait until you're ready to go. With the benzos, the anxiety itself doesn't arise.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

dream_denizen
#14 Posted : 2/3/2011 2:07:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

blue_velvet wrote:
If you need benzos, don't do it. Also, don't do it if you need to manipulate your environment and your state of mind either. That would be cheating. You should be in an old abandoned house, trapped in a closet, surrounded by the sounds of heavy machinery and police sirens. Otherwise, you're missing out on the true experience.

HAHA! Or grab two friends and go to hick-town-nowhere in the middle of the woods, playing war... The ultimate test of wit and decoy.

DMTripper
#15 Posted : 2/3/2011 3:49:24 AM

John Murdoch IV

If you need benzos for whatever then there's obviously something not right.

I prefer to NOT mix ANYTHING with psychedelics.
โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Dorge
#16 Posted : 2/3/2011 6:31:53 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

Man I am seeing this subject on a lot of forums. Dmt and alcohol or benzos. Lots of people trying to avoid fear...

It's like the old saying goes...
Everybody wanna go heaven... Nobody wanna die....
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Mindlusion
#17 Posted : 2/4/2011 10:37:37 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Suppressed fear definitely is not a good idea when in hyperspace. IMO, that would lead me traumatic experiences. Fear is part of the DMT experience, fear the purge, fear the BREAKTHROUGH, It better to just release it all, and come back clean.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Dorge
#18 Posted : 2/5/2011 3:26:32 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

Yep...

Kookaburra
#19 Posted : 2/21/2011 5:41:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I understand what people are saying about waiting until you can handle the fear, HOWEVER I do think that some things can be helpful to people who are new to the experience, and once people experience a full breakthrough, it can be easier to go back afterwards.

When SWIM was new to DMT she tried both alcohol and xanax and different points. The alcohol was a great experience... it helped her take really deep, solid breaths and hold them for a long time because she was very calm. I think the usual "don't mix DMT and alcohol" mostly only applies to being really drunk, in which case, puking while you're in hyperspace doesn't sound like a very fun time. Xanax, however, I don't recommend. On top of it dulling the experience, I discovered sadly that it makes it a lot more difficult to remember the experience later. But to each his own. One person's poison is another person's medicine.
"The real secret of magic is that the world is made of words, and that if you know the words that the world is made of, you can make of it whatever you wish." - Terence McKenna

Touche Guevara
#20 Posted : 2/21/2011 10:21:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Embracing and working through your fears and anxieties is an important part of the experience.

12NEXT