DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Dying man granted 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' screening Options

Pandora
#1 Posted : 11/6/2015 7:34:59 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Dying man granted 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' screening

Star Wars fan Daniel Fleetwood, who's dying of cancer, isn't sure he'll survive to the movie's release date. So the Internet comes to the rescue.

http://www.cnet.com/news/dying-...force-awakens-screening/

There is now at least one non-Hollywood insider on planet Earth who has seen "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" in its entirety. J.J. Abrams, Disney and Lucasfilm granted the dying wish of Daniel Fleetwood, a lifelong fan of the franchise and sometimes fanfic author in his early thirties, by giving him a private showing of an unedited version of the film at his home.

"We would like to thank the awesomely talented J.J. Abrams for calling us yesterday to tell us Daniel was getting his wish granted! We also would like to thank Lynne, Ben and Anahuac for coming to our home and screening the movie for Daniel," Fleetwood's wife, Ashley, wrote on Facebook. The screening took place in Spring, Texas, on Thursday.

A social-media campaign supporting Fleetwood's wish to see the film before he succumbs to a rare form of cancer called spindle cell sarcoma had been building over the last week with help from the hashtag #ForceForDaniel. It gained support from some of the stars of the franchise, including Luke Skywalker himself, Mark Hamill.

While Daniel's wish has been granted and he's officially cooler than the rest of us, his struggle continues. If you want to help out, visit this crowdfunding page to donate to a fund to help pay his medical bills.

"He is now on hospice at home and we are cherishing every moment we have," his wife writes on the page. "We appreciate the support, emotionally, financially and spiritually."

May the Force continue to be with you, young Jedi.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Koornut
#2 Posted : 11/6/2015 10:30:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That is fantastic!
It reminds of this movie Fanboys (from 2009). Similar plot, one friend is terminally ill and they break into sky walker ranch to steal a copy of episode one. Highly recommended for Star Wars fans. Danny Trejo plays a First people's and gives the kid peyote too Laughing

Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

Pandora
#3 Posted : 11/7/2015 3:41:38 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Thanks! Nemo Amicus and I will be sure to check that out. I cannot believe we missed that when it premiered.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Ufostrahlen
#4 Posted : 11/8/2015 7:14:10 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

New TV spot: https://amp.twimg.com/v/...5-44e3-94c6-c82336b51528
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

TGO
#5 Posted : 11/8/2015 7:51:12 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

That's amazing, what a nice thing for them to do! I've always been a fan of Star Wars, I hope this film lives up to all the expectations!

Also, Fanboys = Thumbs up Thumbs up
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish