CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
pharmahuasca use for pre/post surgeries/accidents Options

anonenium
#1 Posted : 9/28/2015 5:16:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

i welcome any and all insight on this topic in hopes that i may start a dialogue on this.

its been fairly well established that the two main ingredients of pharmahuasca have a huge variety of effect on the human body, many of them beneficial.

on dmt we have a powerful anti-inflammatory which is known to increase growth hormone levels and its immunomodulatory activity can contribute to tissue regeneration.

on harmalas we have a compound which not only causes pancreatic beta cells to multiply (something not seen in any other compound found on the planet) but also has a broad spectrum of effects for removing bacteria, fungi, cancer cells, pain reduction and inflammation.

this combination to me sounds like it has a number of very real applications, everything from depression (of which maois have been used for decades) to some types of allergic reactions, infections, and even possibly healing after sustaining an injury.

so here is the question i wish to put to the community.

how would you study the effects pharma has on those who are injured?

years ago for instance the idea that honey helped treat injuries was considered absurd, now specially designed patches are being regularly used by burn units to help with regeneration. i would like to see similar studies carried on and to see the effects pharmahuasca has on people who have been injured and to determine if its use (including at what dosage would be needed) would cause any benefit, either in reducing swelling, decreasing infections, increasing healing time, the general emotional well being of the recoveree or the total recovery time.

i wish to theorize at this time that at some point in the future not only would the benefit be significant, but it would also be considered to be put into standard practice to administer both of these medications shortly after a person sustains an injury, especially a life threatening one, and that during surgery that if it was administered, in low dosage, both before and after the surgery that it would decrease the recovery time of the patient.

putting to one side the obvious regulatory and legal situation brought about before these medications could even be fully studied, how would one gather empirical evidence and begin a study on such topics?

thank you for reading.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.