CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
how to calculate hydroalcoholic extracts??? Options

Hupecat
#1 Posted : 10/31/2013 8:59:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi,,

Swim am planning, on using IPA -extracts as infusion on his blends..

it's totally clear how to calculate when letting evap on lets say 1gr Caapi-Leave..

but lets say, he wanna have some IPA-extract of Passioflora 10x, 20x, 30x,??

lets say swim has 50 gr of Passioflora, how much IPA he needs to use letting it soak to a menstrum of 50x??

he wants to use it drop wise later on to infuse some herbs..??

is there any mathematical thing SWIM missed in school????

Thx for any advice...Smile

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Infundibulum
#2 Posted : 11/5/2013 3:46:51 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Hupecat wrote:

lets say swim has 50 gr of Passioflora, how much IPA he needs to use letting it soak to a menstrum of 50x??

Hi,

There is not such a thing as a 50x menstruum - if you did as described in the quotation and then evaporated all the IPA on top of one gram of passiflora, then you would have one gram of 50x passiflora (technically that would be 51x unless you evap the IPA on one gram of passiflora that was used to prepare the menstruum.

The amount of IPA is less relevant, as long as you use enough to cover the plant material and then add few more volumes. Obviously, the more the amount of IPA used the more "representative" the 50x will be, considering that the more you use the more will dissolve.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Hupecat
#3 Posted : 12/10/2013 10:45:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

thx for the answer..
but that was pretty clear to me.. doing enhanced herbs... del, what i was asking for, is that i have a small Dopper-Bottle in the end, filled with alcoholic extract,which i can then Dropwise infuse my herbs with... as i sometimes like to combine the liquid drops just for taste for example, as if you do just a few different blends a 500 mg , there is not too much room for any "real herb-material".. i ike to have my herbs which get infused with drops from my different tinctures... which SWIM all prepared by soaking some Lotus, or Paud'arcau, etc... and i just was looking for a kind of "formula" which could let me know how strong the tinctures might be...

but thx anyway for your help....