CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Changa while on pharmaceutical MAOI Options

meatsim
#1 Posted : 6/3/2013 11:41:02 AM

Shaman

Hello friends,
I'm currently taking moclobemide on a daily basis which is mainly a reversible MAO-A inhibitor.

The question is, can one safely inhale a modest dose of changa (with harmine as the only maoi) while on this medication (I don't assume this, but am just asking to be sure), or should one first discontinue moclobemide? In the latter case, how long time from seponation of moclobemide till it would be considered safe to light up? Moclobemide supposedly has a half-life of 1-2 hours, but the pills are coated, which I assume prolongs the absorption time from the GI tractus. I am not sure about whether moclobemide is fat soluble, and therefore deposited in fat tissue which would add to the time required between seponation and introduction of changa. Disregarding this last point, it seems to me that a day or two would probably be enough time between to remain safe.

Any opinions?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Parshvik Chintan
#2 Posted : 6/3/2013 7:48:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

should be fine.
many people use moclobemide for pharmahuasca.
i would be surprised if adding a small amount of harmalas would do much.

but the moclobemide will act as a potentiator for the tryptamines.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!