CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Changa with rue harmalas Options

DMTripper
#1 Posted : 1/8/2013 4:06:23 AM

John Murdoch IV

I have a DMT/mint flower mixture and I want to add some freebase harmalas extracted from Syrian Rue to it.
How much harmalas should I put in 1 gram of this mix? And how well do harmalas dissolve in ethanol? Or should I use another solvent? Or maybe no solvent at all. Just mix the dry harmalas straight to the mixture?

––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Parshvik Chintan
#2 Posted : 1/8/2013 4:16:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i didn't use a solvent, i just suspended the alkaloids in a minimal amount of water (so little to the point the dried herbs would absorb most of it).
of course the only reason i did that was because the water was saturated with jim-jam acetate, but you could do it just as easily without it.

you can try the solvent-free method as well, tho tbh idk if that works with harmalas (haven't vaped the alkaloids by themselves, so idk the melting temp).

hope this helps Thumbs up
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

MelCat
#3 Posted : 1/8/2013 5:38:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For the ratios, I prefer to use 1g of spice, 1g of leaf and 200-250mg of harmalas.

Ethanol works okay but my preferred solvent is methanol. It evaporates fast and clean ime.

If you use ethanol, you might want to warm it up a bit to help speed up the process a bit.

I don't recommend using the solvent free method unless your changa is pretty sticky already.

The harmalas also seems to burn better when distributed throughout the leaf.

My changa guide shows how I do it up. Smile
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

smokerx
#4 Posted : 1/8/2013 10:33:35 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

Hi, I would use around 200mg of harmalas. To dissolve harmalas I use worm IPA (if shaken well almost 100% harmalas disolve)
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

DMTripper
#5 Posted : 1/9/2013 12:31:50 AM

John Murdoch IV

Ok I think I'll go with 200mg's of harmalas to a gram using ethanol.

I have like 5 grams of the stuff and around 3 of harmalas so I can do some experiments and see what works best for me.
This mixture is very fluffy but the flowers looks oily. Works very good as it is but I'm curious to see how it will change when I add the harmalas Smile
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.

Journeymann
#6 Posted : 5/10/2013 4:54:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ta
MelCat wrote:
For the ratios, I prefer to use 1g of spice, 1g of leaf and 200-250mg of harmalas.

Ethanol works okay but my preferred solvent is methanol. It evaporates fast and clean ime.

If you use ethanol, you might want to warm it up a bit to help speed up the process a bit.

I don't recommend using the solvent free method unless your changa is pretty sticky already.

The harmalas also seems to burn better when distributed throughout the leaf.

My changa guide shows how I do it up. Smile

My thanks to you MelCat for this changa tek. I am new to the DMT Journey and have not had a breakthrough yet due to my novice level of crystal extraction BUT I have had a weeks worth of subbreakthroughs using oily changa w/harmalas added in this ratio. I tried the oily changa w/o the harmalas and found almost no effects but the harmalas seem to help get the most out of what is there. That is my .02 worth of advice at this point in time Cool

DMTripper
#7 Posted : 5/11/2013 12:53:42 AM

John Murdoch IV

I found that sprinkling freebase harmalas to dmt enhanced leave and stirr and mix well works just as good as dissolving them. Might not work too good if the leave is very coarse. Mine is very fluffy and the harmalas mix very evenly.

Works and vaporises very smooth and good.
––––––

3rdI
#8 Posted : 5/11/2013 1:22:42 AM

veni, vidi, spici

Good idea DMTripper, I never thought of that.

It would work especially well with some jimjam infused mullein I have as its quite sticky.

I'll give it a try in the morning.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Journeymann
#9 Posted : 5/11/2013 1:44:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

3rdI wrote:
Good idea DMTripper, I never thought of that.

It would work especially well with some jimjam infused mullein I have as its quite sticky.

I'll give it a try in the morning.

A rookie question for you guys.

Is there a necessary time frame between dmt/harmala/changa journeys? Like at least 12 hours or something.

Thank for any help in understanding the safety issues concerning this route to self exploration Smile

3rdI
#10 Posted : 5/11/2013 2:07:14 AM

veni, vidi, spici

No mate, just puff tuffVery happy
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

Journeymann
#11 Posted : 5/11/2013 2:11:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

3rdI wrote:
No mate, just puff tuffVery happy

Thanks for the confirmation. Im gonna get that breakthrough yet. Can you check my first trip report if you get a chance and give any feed back if I am on the right track. It seems my mind needs more confirmation that I was first aware of Smile

3rdI
#12 Posted : 5/11/2013 2:46:21 AM

veni, vidi, spici

Journeymann wrote:
Can you check my first trip report if you get a chance and give any feed back if I am on the right track. It seems my mind needs more confirmation that I was first aware of Smile

DoneThumbs up
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year