CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Where all my medical peeps at? Options

Psychelectric
#1 Posted : 3/21/2013 9:02:20 PM

Curiouser and curiouser

Since this forum is about Health I figured it would be a good idea to see who all the medical professionals are on the Nexus (if you care to identify your profession). Doctors, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, etc.

I myself am a Registered Nurse. I work in pediatrics in a very specific subspecialty that I don't care to identify as it is rather specific. I spent 6 months in an ER, and I'm currently looking for a job in drug rehab, as I am very knowledgable on the subject having studied quite a bit in school and out, and have had countless first hand experiences dealing with it, both in the hospital (ODs, DTs, etc.) and out. Im also pretty well versed in the psychiatric side if nursing.

I have just been curious to see of any other medical professionals out there.

I know of Doctor Corpus Callosum on here, as he is hard to miss what with that Rod of Asclepius under his avatar with the words Doctor there. Very happy .
"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here’s Tom with the weather."

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Gowpen
#2 Posted : 3/21/2013 10:07:13 PM

If you don't make mistakes, you are doing it wrong

will an old Psychologist count ? Hello
G
One can never cross the ocean without the Courage to lose sight of the shore

Dark_Star
#3 Posted : 3/21/2013 10:24:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Occupational Therapy student here. Smile
β€œWas I a criminal? No. I was a good member of society. Only my society and the one making the laws are different.” - Owsley Stanley

Amygdala
#4 Posted : 3/21/2013 11:26:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Registered Nurse, I work in Cardiothoracic surgical icu
β€œWhat goes on inside is just too fast and huge and all interconnected for words to do more than barely sketch the outlines of at most one tiny little part of it at any given instant.” - David Foster Wallace

corpus callosum
#5 Posted : 3/22/2013 4:35:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Psychelectric wrote:

I know of Doctor Corpus Callosum on here, as he is hard to miss what with that Rod of Asclepius under his avatar with the words Doctor there. Very happy .

Yeah-does stand out a bit, doesn't it? Smile

CC- physician, special interest Neurology.Delayer of death-on a good day.At the service of the Nexus! Wink
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

nen888
#6 Posted : 3/22/2013 5:53:39 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..another old psych here..but i'm the first often to have a go at aspects of the practice..
counselling sits better with me..

Hieronymous
#7 Posted : 3/22/2013 7:04:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm a Gynecologist/faith healer. Wut?

No qualifications, but I'll have a look at it for you.

Dankity
#8 Posted : 3/27/2013 2:25:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm hoping to get into med school next year. Hopefully will be an anesthesiologist when school is over. Currently working on my undergrad major in neuroscience.

gimpy
#9 Posted : 4/22/2013 3:19:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Doctor of Dental Medicine here

I went to a very old-fashioned uni where they taught us dentists everything a general medicine student learns, just with slightly less detail. So anatomy & physiology of whole body etc... all those medical disciplines like neurology & psychiatry & so on.

Warm greetings to my fellow medically-trained Nexonians!
To fathom hell or soar angelic, take a pinch of psychedelic....