CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
sour smell from enhanced leaf Options

changalvia
#1 Posted : 3/26/2013 12:35:07 PM

eat your jungle oats

Here's a question for you..

Whenever I make enhanced leaf, I store it in a little amber vial.

Whenever I open that vial, it has this extremely sour smell.

Its disgusting. But then if I take the herbs out, they smell like normal enhanced leaf.

Put it back in the vial, couple hours later, sour smell again.

Key points:

*My herbs are always thoroughly dried out.
*It doesn't matter what herb I use. I have used lavender, cannabis, datura, brugmansia, passiflora, poppy petals, mint, morning glory - the works, always trying new blends.
*i Use alpha brand acetone
*a/b tek using salt, vinegar, NaOH, and newport fluid.
*i have cleaned the vial out with acetone multiple times, allowing to be completely dry and free of solvent smell

Always the same stink.

My spice is always a nice off white or yellow wax. I'm not too bothered with glass shards etc.

The spice always smells like legit spice, and the enhanced leaf always smell like the herbs with spice in it.

Its just when I bottle it closed...

Anyone else notice this? Or know why? Gas build up maybe? From what?

It freaks me out cause its almost like my herbs go mouldy
With every great plan comes the pleasure of patience. Take a rest, and grab a suckle off the teat of life!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Parshvik Chintan
#2 Posted : 3/26/2013 1:15:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

weird.

imo i would use a different container.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ๆจน

changalvia
#3 Posted : 3/26/2013 1:32:10 PM

eat your jungle oats

That could be the way forward..

The bottle doesn't smell like anything though..

Hmm.. Perhaps there is a previous smell embedded in the foamy part of the lids underside..

I need to investigate for inquisitivity's sake
With every great plan comes the pleasure of patience. Take a rest, and grab a suckle off the teat of life!

Metanoia
#4 Posted : 3/27/2013 6:07:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I use a small mason jar, like a jam jar. I notice no smell other than that all too familiar DMT smell.

What is the smell reminiscent of? Like sour milk?

changalvia
#5 Posted : 3/27/2013 6:12:15 AM

eat your jungle oats

Yeah, its like if you bought sour milk from the store and then that sour milk went sour again. Lol

I like to use little bottles, as I only make up like a gram or 2 at a time for myself and a few appreciative friends (most people just wanna walk all over you).

I put it in a little plastic pill container now, the smell came back so I left it on my evap chamber (sounds cooler than it looks haha) and then put it back, the smell is still slightly there but doubt I'll get rid of it until I have a new batch.

That vial... Something is seriously funky about that thing.

What I find odd is that it has absolutely zero smell when it's empty...

Metanoia
#6 Posted : 3/27/2013 6:23:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That is rather strange...especially if you've cleaned the container with solvent, and even switched containers and it's still there...

That would lead me to believe it's something with the changa itself rather than the container. Or the container you were using contaminated your changa somehow.

Whatever it is, that sour smell sounds really nasty. I hope I never have to smell that coming from one of my mixes.

As for those people who like to walk all over you, I tell them I only have the changa with Salvia divinorum in it, then they tend to say "no thanks" Very happy A lot of people really do hate Salvia. I find it entertaining at this point, because I love it so much. Love Judging by your name, I thought you'd appreciate the sentiment Pleased

changalvia
#7 Posted : 3/27/2013 7:02:14 AM

eat your jungle oats

Dioxippus wrote:
That is rather strange...especially if you've cleaned the container with solvent, and even switched containers and it's still there...

That would lead me to believe it's something with the changa itself rather than the container. Or the container you were using contaminated your changa somehow.

Whatever it is, that sour smell sounds really nasty. I hope I never have to smell that coming from one of my mixes.

As for those people who like to walk all over you, I tell them I only have the changa with Salvia divinorum in it, then they tend to say "no thanks" Very happy A lot of people really do hate Salvia. I find it entertaining at this point, because I love it so much. Love Judging by your name, I thought you'd appreciate the sentiment Pleased

Hahaha that is brilliant! Its kind why I made my last couple batches with datura and brugmansia, I tell them its moonflower changa and they pull a weird face, although if I say its moonflower and salvia changa they will REAALLY back off LOL

Ah... Smile thanks for that idea

And yea, I switched containers but seems the smell migrated over, even if only slightly, so will see when I get home from work if leaving it to air and switching containers helped at all

Pleased peace

Metanoia
#8 Posted : 4/8/2013 10:13:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Was the smelly situation resolved?

I noticed a slight sour smell from my last batch of changa the other day. It's exactly as you describe...pretty strong when you first open the container, but once left out for a couple minutes it disappears. It's not extremely strong though...I have to stick my nose right in there as soon as I open it, but I do smell it Smile

This changa was made from my first A/B with acacia. Made the changa with acetone, which I've used before with no smell after evaporation.

cyb
#9 Posted : 4/8/2013 11:12:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

mailorderdiety wrote:
smells like newcomer. if you want some fresh acacia just ask.... no need for trepidation.....

Wut?
Confused
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

changalvia
#10 Posted : 4/8/2013 12:46:32 PM

eat your jungle oats

hey Dioxippus, it's gone Smile

I have no idea what happened. But i will never use that vial again.

On a side note, that batch was gorgeous. It was a 33/33/33 mix of brugmansia flowers (orange), passion flower, and mint. So it was like orange yellow and green with those little curls in.

So anyway i decided to add some harmalas to it for the first time ever, I finally got some alcohol, and it changed into these deep purple/maroon/brown shades (using 91% alcohol).

Ratio is now: 2/3/1 /// Spice/Herb/Harmalas.

Can't wait to try it.

PS mailorderdeity, this: "if you want some fresh acacia just ask.... no need for trepidation....." smells more like 'newcomer' to me.

Maybe you need to change your vial too Dioxippus! Laughing

I am assuming the spice was smelling alright before hand?

soulfood
#11 Posted : 4/8/2013 2:13:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I had a changa once that was stored in a brand new vial and it also smelt like soingmething sour. Not milk, but definately something similar.

Anyway I didn't worry about it, just figured it was something on the plant matter reacting with either the solvent or the spice. Anyway, I loved that batch. My favourite changa to date.

mailorderdiety
#12 Posted : 4/8/2013 5:46:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

cyb wrote:
mailorderdiety wrote:
smells like newcomer. if you want some fresh acacia just ask.... no need for trepidation.....

Wut?
Confused

sorry, i've done this twice now. i had a little to drink while on cactus and don't even know what i was saying. i'm going to put a breathalyzer on my keyboard. this wont happen again, i apologize if i've left unintelligible and cryptic statements. i'm deleting now. quality control is now in effect.

Metanoia
#13 Posted : 4/8/2013 6:56:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

changalvia wrote:

Maybe you need to change your vial too Dioxippus! Laughing

I am assuming the spice was smelling alright before hand?

Well I've used the same jar for quite a while...and yes, it smelled only of DMT beforehand.

I left it out over night and the smell was gone, but we'll see if it returns once it's back in another jar.

soulfood wrote:
I had a changa once that was stored in a brand new vial and it also smelt like soingmething sour. Not milk, but definately something similar.

Anyway I didn't worry about it, just figured it was something on the plant matter reacting with either the solvent or the spice. Anyway, I loved that batch. My favourite changa to date.

I was thinking the same thing...maybe it's one of the herbs I used, because the batch is of excellent quality. Smile

changalvia
#14 Posted : 4/8/2013 7:33:40 PM

eat your jungle oats

P. Incarnata perhaps? Its the only herb that's been consistent with the smell.

And yeah, I also thought some kind of reaction, that's why I thought maybe its a gas build-up... Or perhaps something oxidising in the vial and then getting dispersed into our nasal cavities /:

Metanoia
#15 Posted : 4/9/2013 2:04:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Must be a build up of some sort, because it doesn't smell once it's exposed to air for a few seconds or a minute or so.

I used Blue lily, Calea zacatechichi, and Damiana in my mix...no passionflower. I did use acetone as the solvent...that seems to be the only connection besides the DMT extraction itself.

My nice fluffy white crystals that I collected from the same extraction only smells strongly of DMT, and I have it in a similar jar.

I dunno...I guess it's not a big deal. Just really had me curious after hearing that someone else had the same stank Very happy

Metanoia
#16 Posted : 4/10/2013 6:41:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The smell has disappeared.

I'm thinking maybe it was just some residual acetone left on there or something. I left it out for only about 24 hours and then put it in a new jar and left it there for 24 hours. No smell.

Now I'm always going to sniff the hell out of my mixes lol Very happy