CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Is there any way to slow the entry? Options

Amygdala
#1 Posted : 1/2/2013 6:16:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In your experiences, are there methods to slow the entry into hyperspace?

I had my third experience today with the 1:1 caapi spice changa that I made, and I loaded 60mg into a glass bong, clearing in a single hit. I don't believe that what I experienced could be called a breakthrough, but the onset was so unpleasantly intense and quick that it left me wondering if I am ready for going further. My hope is to find a sort of analogue for high dose psilocybin, where there is time to navigate the space and ease myself into it. I fully expect the experience to be overwhelming, I am just wishing that the transition from sober to that place could be more gentle. The experience today was such a shock to the system that I couldn't explore the space that it took me to, as I was overwhelmed by unpleasant physical sensations and unable to take in the experience for what it was.

Obviously, maybe a bong for a beginner may not be the best route, and I have considered pre-dosing w/ smaller amounts next time and building up to a full hit. I genuinely hope that I can find my way w/ dmt, and I realize that it may take some time to integrate these experiences before pushing further.

I also made some 1:2 'electric sheep', maybe next time I will try to get somewhat airborne and just continue to take successive hits as the experience warrants.

Thanks for your consideration ( I know this is a newbie question, and I appreciate your patience)

Amygdala
“What goes on inside is just too fast and huge and all interconnected for words to do more than barely sketch the outlines of at most one tiny little part of it at any given instant.” - David Foster Wallace

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

universecannon
#2 Posted : 1/2/2013 6:35:42 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

you can always just ease into it starting with smaller hits. Or just do ayahuasca or pharma

smoking dmt on top of oral harmalas slows the entry down a bit, but they also add other dimensions to the experience

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

VIII
#3 Posted : 1/2/2013 6:57:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree that easing in with smaller hits could help, as could the 1:2 blend. Freebase for me is always a bit like waking up with a wound-up backhand to the face, with changa being more like a slap to the face and a "Hey, wake up." No experience yet with aya/pharma, but that would certainly be the way to go for a gentler entry. Perhaps you just need to find your favorite herb blend/ratio though.

Bongs are always incredibly effective for me and wouldn't be my preferred method for a slower entry. Perhaps a small bubbler or even a joint would help in this sense. I think I prefer bongs because it doesn't give me much time to worry. I dose, think "oh shiiiit" and then I'm off, jaw-dropped. I suppose I may embrace that short terror in a way now, but I'm not even sure I have time for that.

As universecannon said, taking oral harmalas before smoking the DMT could help. Also no experience here, but I hope to try this with some Rue soon.
The inner soul is full of joy. Reveal my secrets and sew me whole. With each day, "I" heeds your call.
You may not care the slightest and may not be the brightest, but from here "I" sees you're mighty for you created it all.

And the jumbling sea rose above the wall.

Through this chaos comes the order you enthrall.

Mystic0
#4 Posted : 1/2/2013 10:52:04 PM

Ninja of Consciousness

Try a smaller dose Smile 30mg might better for you, although I don't think you can really adjust the intensity, it is what it is, relax and hold on tight. From what I've read, the more you explore the space the less intense it can become.

love going out to you.
One can drive himself to madness in the obsessing goal of reason, without the knowledge of love and laughter.

#5 Posted : 1/2/2013 11:04:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Hehe, 60mg+ of 1:1 in a bong in a single inhalation can be incredibly shocking in how quick it comes on and builds....almost immediately, within seconds your there. Just use a standard pipe. I've switched off a bong for some time due to having one of my strongest experiences with said device. So pipe + 3-4 good tokes.

And don't forget, you can put 25-40mg harmalas sublingually beforehand (like 15-25mins before) then smoke from the pipe. Much slower onset and much more manageable.

bong = Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Surprised Crying or very sad Big grin Stop

Parshvik Chintan
#6 Posted : 1/2/2013 11:40:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i would try smoking on drunken harmalas.

also i put a changa mixture in an e-cig and i got similar results to what you are looking for (though that was not my intention). it only lets you take small doses every hit (Without burning the DMT - every time i took a large hit i got melted plastic taste).

but its simple enough to operate regardless of your level of sobriety, and you don't have to worry about burning yourself.

hope that helps
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Amygdala
#7 Posted : 1/3/2013 2:25:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for all the replies,

It finally worked! I heeded advice, focused on a great set and setting, took it slowly. We didn't measure, just packed and counted hits, taking successive ones when the desire came. We were able to stay in the space for a few hours, just navigating and then blasting off when the desire came. Amazing experience, including I believe a breakthrough.

One of the succession of hits was more rapid, and the onset felt very different... I lost all body awareness, and this sense of propelling forward followed by a whiting out of my vision. I lost all sense of self, even the knowledge that I took a drug came and went. I focused on breathing and in the middle and sides of this flowing tapestry 'room' were podiums with an elephant headed being with rapidly moving tentacle arms manipulating something in the tapestries. It is difficult to remember details, but it was incredible. I came back to the 'normal' changa space with a deep breath and an amazing feeling. Not sure if that counts... I cant even fathom going further.

Wow, this was so gentle, welcoming and completely different than my previous attempts. I think I am actually sated for a little while. Next time I will go into this knowing that it doesn't have to be terrifying.

Thanks so much to this community for helping me find my way
“What goes on inside is just too fast and huge and all interconnected for words to do more than barely sketch the outlines of at most one tiny little part of it at any given instant.” - David Foster Wallace

MachineElf88
#8 Posted : 1/16/2013 12:44:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Parshvik Chintan wrote:
i would try smoking on drunken harmalas.

also i put a changa mixture in an e-cig and i got similar results to what you are looking for (though that was not my intention). it only lets you take small doses every hit (Without burning the DMT - every time i took a large hit i got melted plastic taste).

How did you put Changa in an e-cig?

Parshvik Chintan
#9 Posted : 1/16/2013 1:20:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MachineElf88 wrote:
How did you put Changa in an e-cig?

it was a changa mixture, no herbs (At least not intentionally, a couple flecks of ololiuqui and caapi leaf made their way in there somehow). jim-jam and crude harmala extract mostly.
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

ipumaestro
#10 Posted : 1/16/2013 2:13:02 PM

catdestined

have you tried more harmalas, less dmt?

consider using melatonin and or calea zacatechichi
achuma puma

Keeper Trout
#11 Posted : 1/17/2013 12:42:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Keeper Trout | Skills: Jack of many trades, master of several:  chemistry, microbiology, optical work, stone cutting, metal working, botany.Cacti expert | Skills: Jack of many trades, master of several:  chemistry, microbiology, optical work, stone cutting, metal working, botany.Senior Member | Skills: Jack of many trades, master of several:  chemistry, microbiology, optical work, stone cutting, metal working, botany.

There is also the fumarate IM?

Amygdala
#12 Posted : 1/17/2013 12:50:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Planning on making my next extracted batch with extracted harmalas as opposed to straight caapi leaf. I read one post that suggested caapi leaf alone doesn't provide enough harmalas to qualify as changa.

Any opinions on qualitative influence of increased harmalas? I've been reading through that sub forum, though most posts are geared towards the technicalities of extraction.

Thanks

Parshvik Chintan
#13 Posted : 1/17/2013 1:06:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

extracted harmalas will definitely help. alternatively you can make 11x caapi leaf... or do both (if you do both, you won't need as many extracted harmalas).
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Ice House
#14 Posted : 1/17/2013 1:49:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

What works for me is a 10x caapi extract infused with dmt at a ratio of 1:.5. So I take 1 gram of 10x caapi and infuse it with 1/2 gram of dmt. That gives me a slow turbulent free ride into hyperspace. I feel the hamalas a full 2 seconds before the dmt its a wonderful feeling.

IH
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

soulfood
#15 Posted : 1/17/2013 2:17:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Drink vine. Toke slow.

'Nuff said.

Amygdala
#16 Posted : 2/23/2013 12:32:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just had my first experience combining sublingual rue harmalas and dmt. Wow. So much more pleasant, easing effortlessly into the space. Love it.

As a side note, I have often read that people do not seem to enjoy smoking cannabis during a dmt session, and I have found it to just take all the anxiety away. Tonight was just incredible, thanks to all who replied in this thread, really helped me find my way. Harmalas ftw

Ancotar
#17 Posted : 2/23/2013 1:21:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tattvamasi wrote:
bong = Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Surprised Crying or very sad Big grin Stop

I literally LOL'ed when I read this. Big grin Hit it right on the head there!

This is an awesome thread! Great suggestions everyone! Thumbs up

IH, your method with the 10x caapi sounds interesting. I think I will try that on my next blend! Big grin

"We speak of Time and Mind, which do not easily yield to catagories. We separate past and future and find that Time is an amalgam of both. We separate good and evil and find that Mind is an amalgam of both. To understand, we must grasp the whole." -Isaac Asimov

"You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger." -Buddha

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain." -Paul Atreides, while being tested with the Gom Jabbar by the Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

#18 Posted : 2/23/2013 4:10:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Amygdala wrote:
Planning on making my next extracted batch with extracted harmalas as opposed to straight caapi leaf. I read one post that suggested caapi leaf alone doesn't provide enough harmalas to qualify as changa.

Any opinions on qualitative influence of increased harmalas? I've been reading through that sub forum, though most posts are geared towards the technicalities of extraction.

Thanks

I've done straight caapi leaf blends before, but they definitely don't compare to using extracted harmalas in your infusion, like 250-275mg per gram of DMT. That, for me, imparts quite a distinct character to the experience. Obviously more gentle, and seems to allow more assimilation of knowledge imparted by the experience. I still like to do 30mg or so sublingually before smoking changa. The mind-space harmalas afford sublingually is quite nice. A mellowing of the mind, allowing you to slip in to the experience a little easier.

Although, doing this from a bong all in one hit, as you did, there's not much room for the harmalas to act imo. The effects of allowing a much more gradual onset are usually thrown out the window when done from a bong, unless your doing multiple small pulls from a bong instead of one massive toke. Smile

May each journey be more fruitful than the last.

Tat Tvam Asi

SKA
#19 Posted : 2/23/2013 4:11:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This may not be about Changa, but it'll surely interrest you.

If you're looking for a more gentle, gradual & controlled entry into the DMT realm
I recommend sprinkling DMT into a joint of a tiny amount of Tobacco(filler) & Cannabis(Taste improver).
For a 1 man joint I sprinkle about 50 to 70 miligrams in a Tobacco/Cannabis Joint. I know it's a wastefull
method, but I find the greatly improved control of speed &n depth of entry into the DMT realms are worth it.

If you don't smoke Tobacco or Cannabis you can just use other dried herbs/plants as filler & flavoring-mediums.
As long as they kind of help improve the taste & take the edge off of the harshness of the DMT vapors a bit.

With one such 50 to 70 miligram dmt joint can give me several breakthrough exerpiences. 3 deep tokes, put the
joint away & travel hyperspace for +/- 15 minutes. Then I return to baseline somewhat and light the joint again.
I can be travelling hyperspace for well over an hour, with short stops in between to relight my joint and take
another 3, deep tokes.

voyaj
#20 Posted : 2/27/2013 12:42:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If one does pharma is it really less intense than smoking? I only imagine it being more intense since it is a much longer experience, is that a false perception? I know eventually I will get around to it and find out myself but I am very wary of my favorite medicine since breakthrough.

universecannon wrote:
you can always just ease into it starting with smaller hits. Or just do ayahuasca or pharma

smoking dmt on top of oral harmalas slows the entry down a bit, but they also add other dimensions to the experience

12NEXT