CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
maltodextrin in changa Options

mrwiggle
#1 Posted : 6/7/2012 8:53:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so i was thinking of whipping up some changa, i have the forestrx 4:1 caapi extract, it seams like a dandy idea to put it in there, but i know they put maltodextrin in there extracts, does anyone know if its a big deal or not to have that in your smoke?
ive received the trans dermal download in the apousal lounge

no disease could possibly survive in such a wiggly environment!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

MelCat
#2 Posted : 6/8/2012 12:19:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've tried making changa with it and it makes for a very harsh smoke.

I haven't figured out a way to get rid of the extras in there that cause the harshness.

With the 4x stuff, it's best to just eat it.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Mister_Niles
#3 Posted : 6/8/2012 12:38:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In my experience, burning sugar is never a pleasant thing. What is it used for in extracts? Just flavor in tinctures?
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

mrwiggle
#4 Posted : 6/8/2012 4:51:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

they use it in all of their extracts to keep the texture consistent or something..
ive received the trans dermal download in the apousal lounge

no disease could possibly survive in such a wiggly environment!

universecannon
#5 Posted : 6/8/2012 9:10:11 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

That would be gross in changa.. and be basically pointless/ineffective

Besides, its not even 4x. More like 1x. Complete rip off IMO, especially since it is actually powdered aya bark, not vine. It also only contains harmine

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

AluminumFoilRobots
#6 Posted : 6/24/2012 9:15:21 PM

gufyg

Is all 4:1 caapi powder like this? Has any analysis been done on them to test for alk content? Or is this just your feeling?
I've seen that stuff for sale, but never really seriously considered getting it.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

jamie
#7 Posted : 6/24/2012 9:54:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I remember hearing from others that the forestrx stuff was not really 4x as well and was weak..also if I remember correctly someone said it was vine bark and not the actual vine itself..can anyone verify this?

I would not order from someone who added maltodextrin to it anyway..there is not really any need to do so. I dunno maybe it is just me but I would not want that stuff in my caapi.
Long live the unwoke.

MelCat
#8 Posted : 6/24/2012 10:23:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The main thing I can say about the 4x caapi from forestrx is that it smells WONDERFUL while it's brewing. It has an awesomely sweet earthy smell to it. If I had a smaller area, I'd brew it as aroma therapy or incense.

It does work pretty well as a nightly dietary supplement to help with anxiety, depression and to help you sleep. Especially if mixed with a small amount of harmala extract. There was a thread about micro-dosing in this manner but I can't seem to find it for some reason. As I recall, the person got pretty good results from it. I tried it for a short period and also got good results from it. I have been considering doing it again here soon.

If I find the thread, I'll try to remember to come back and update this one.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

evil804
#9 Posted : 6/25/2012 12:32:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

anyone ever figure out how to extract from the 4X? i recall someone trying to crash out harmalas with a base but not getting anything to settle out. are we limited to just eating it as is?

dreamer042
#10 Posted : 6/25/2012 12:56:10 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

It is caapi bark extract not vine, it has maltodextrin in it, and under analysis it seems to have very very low amounts of harmine.

So far the best method I've found for working with the forest rx is ethanol extraction. Just soak in some high proof booze for a while, filter out the powder, and evap the booze onto some plant matter for smoalking or to a resin for eating.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca