PREV12
UK Copper Mesh? Options

tele
#21 Posted : 9/21/2011 11:02:16 AM
Explorer

justine wrote:
tele wrote:
justine wrote:
Even when I heat the copper mesh prior to dropping the spice on it there is no sign of vapor and I tend to be very aggressive with my lighter, so I wouldn't worry Smile

I was thinking about pre-heating the mesh before I followed smokerx's advice:
Just put the crystals on the mesh, put the filter on, and slowly inhale with heating for couple seconds before the spice melts. It definately doesn't lose any crystals and is much easier than pre-heating the copper mesh.

In my experience pre-melting DMT on the copper disc results in a smoother vapor, that's why I do it.

I am talking about pre melting... It's just done inside the bowl.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

justine
#22 Posted : 9/21/2011 11:09:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

tele wrote:
justine wrote:
tele wrote:
justine wrote:
Even when I heat the copper mesh prior to dropping the spice on it there is no sign of vapor and I tend to be very aggressive with my lighter, so I wouldn't worry Smile

Just put the crystals on the mesh, put the filter on, and slowly inhale with heating for couple seconds before the spice melts. It definately doesn't lose any crystals and is much easier than pre-heating the copper mesh.

In my experience pre-melting DMT on the copper disc results in a smoother vapor, that's why I do it.

All right but you might vap. some DMT, I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that.
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

tele
#23 Posted : 9/21/2011 5:01:37 PM
Explorer

justine wrote:
tele wrote:
justine wrote:
tele wrote:
justine wrote:

All right but you might vap. some DMT, I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that.

I was worried about that too, but at least I can't see any vapor. And it's easy to see when the DMT has just melted, through the glass. One would have to vaporize it over that melting point to lose DMT.
If it would lose DMT I wouldn't recommend it anyway.

universecannon
#24 Posted : 9/21/2011 9:53:25 PM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

i recently aquired a GVG and got some leakage with 6 screens and changa so i just picked up a copper mesh scrubber. it says its all copper, but when i applies a flame to it in order to clean it before sticking it in the GVG, it changed color to black..EDIT: i think its finally rubbing off now though, and is getting back to its copper color

is this normal? do i not have real copper?

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

gibran2
#25 Posted : 9/21/2011 9:55:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

universecannon wrote:
i recently aquired a GVG and got some leakage with 6 screens and changa so i just picked up a copper mesh scrubber. it says its all copper, but when i applies a flame to it in order to clean it before sticking it in the GVG, it changed color to black

is this normal? do i not have real copper?

If you apply too much heat, you can create copper oxides which look black.
Try again with very gentle heat.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

universecannon
#26 Posted : 9/21/2011 10:06:57 PM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

ok thanks. is it necessary to scrape all the black off before sticking it back in the GVG? because if so i should just make a new mesh screen- this ones covered in black and its hard to get off. i tried reapplying heat with the lighter about as far away as it would be if it was in the GVG, and it still let off some smoke.. but quickly stopped

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

gibran2
#27 Posted : 9/21/2011 11:30:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

universecannon wrote:
ok thanks. is it necessary to scrape all the black off before sticking it back in the GVG? because if so i should just make a new mesh screen- this ones covered in black and its hard to get off. i tried reapplying heat with the lighter about as far away as it would be if it was in the GVG, and it still let off some smoke.. but quickly stopped

I'd just make a new one.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

tele
#28 Posted : 9/22/2011 10:47:25 AM
Explorer

universecannon wrote:

I personally wouldn't recommend heating it directly. Just buy some acetone and soak the mesh in it to remove any possible oils.

PS. make a new mesh screen

Doodazzle
#29 Posted : 1/8/2012 6:57:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Will IPA remove mineral oil?

My research indicates that it may work, but will it be thorough enough to make a clean smoke/vape?

I have 99% IPA.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

mad_banshee
#30 Posted : 1/9/2012 7:34:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When using copper mesh, do you just keep using it or do you clean or replace it every time or every so often?
Peace

Mad Banshee

Note that the poster of this message would never actually use or recommend to use illegal substances. He is just an attention seeker and should be considered to be lying about everything he posts and his posts are only for the sake of generating discussion.

soulfood
#31 Posted : 1/9/2012 9:13:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

mad_banshee wrote:
When using copper mesh, do you just keep using it or do you clean or replace it every time or every so often?

If used correctly in a vaporgenie, it shouldn't need replacing as it will have no contact with a flame.

Hiyo Quicksilver
#32 Posted : 1/9/2012 11:54:10 PM

just some guy

Coaxial cable for TV antennas and such has a beautiful copper mesh braid underneath the outer insulation which is made from very pure copper. (wiki)

PREV12