CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Holding a toke for over 3 seconds needed? Options

q21q21
#1 Posted : 12/4/2011 11:57:13 PM

SWIM

I took something that I have heard many times and put it under scrutiny as I often do.

"Hold it for as long as you can"
"Hold it for at least 10 seconds"

Read it on the forum tons of times.
Now I am the only one to test this so I'm not stating anything as a fact but this is what I found.

Smoking evaporated full-spectrum DMT acetates w/o herb
What I smoke as follows.
1:Inhale the DMT vapor and right at the end of the toke take a small mouth-inhale of fresh air.
2:Fast count to 5, 3 sec about, 4 sec max.
3:I exhale nothing but transparent air, no smoke/vapor what-so-ever
4:I get DMT effects identical as the countless times I did what the quotes above said.

I just really found it uncomfortable to hold the toke for a long time because I don't smoke weed nor cigarettes and this method has made the smoking process much more comfortable and a little less hectic.

With my machine-bubbler it is usually 2-3 tokes per 40mg but the clear-as-air exhale is consistent with as big of a toke I could do (literally just tested minutes before writing this to make sure)

This is what I have found, I'd be interested to hear what others have found.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

jamie
#2 Posted : 12/5/2011 12:40:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

holding the hit definitly takes one farther.
Long live the unwoke.

Hyperspace Fool
#3 Posted : 12/5/2011 12:38:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When vaporizing anything, the clarity or relative invisibility of one's exhales says very little about the quantity of alkaloids that may still be present therein.

IME the longer you hold the better. 10 seconds is nothing... try holding for a minute or more. I'm willing to bet you could trim your 40mg dose down to 20-25mg (plenty for SWIM to cross 8 dimensions and ride tesseracts to the Noumenon).

If you have real issues with breath control or sensitive lungs or whatever... take less in each toke and breathe your exhales out into a balloon. I started a thread about the balloon method https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=25477 in case you want more info.

With a good balloon, you can easily put 3-4 exhales in, and then take your time to nurse the balloon.

If you read the thread, you will see that SWIM likes to put a breath of N20 into the balloon for extra whumphf!

I think if you play with really long holding of breaths, you will find that a whole 'nother level of intensity is possible with much less material. It might even inspire you to start practicing some breathwork, chi kung, pranayama, or just good old fashioned lung conditioning (i.e. swimming, hyperventilation, holding breath underwater etc.).

Peace Q
HF
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

tele
#4 Posted : 12/5/2011 1:22:26 PM
Explorer

Hyperspace Fool wrote:

IME the longer you hold the better. 10 seconds is nothing... try holding for a minute or more. I'm willing to bet you could trim your 40mg dose down to 20-25mg (plenty for SWIM to cross 8 dimensions and ride tesseracts to the Noumenon).

Haha I wouldn't want to journey after one minute not breathing after a long drag, too much of a headrush even by 30sec.

I think as long as you are not exhaling anything visible, it's enough. Usually 7-15 seconds.

One can definately experiment, and should experiment, but I think it's a good idea to keep the hit at least 7 seconds because it's in my experience not any more difficult than 4 seconds.

Sometimes by the time I'm exhaling, I'm already diving in the hyperspace. This happens especially when I already have DMT in my blood, something like 10-30 minutes after the previous blast off.

obliguhl
#5 Posted : 12/5/2011 2:05:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In my experience, it is a big, big mistake to hold it in for anything less than 15-20 seconds. Especially the last hit should be held in for as long as possible.

Purges
#6 Posted : 12/5/2011 2:17:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If I hold my usual 20-30 mgs for 3 seconds, I will end up just getting threshold effects, which tbh are a little tame and I would be frustrated that I didn't go far / wasted Spice.

If I hold them 10-20 seconds I have an intense breakthrough. Every time. Personally I want to get the most out of my Spice, so getting all of it in one toke and holding that sucker down for as long as possible is the order of the day for me - it also shows that you are committing to the experience, which shows respect for the molecule IMO

So yes, with the smoked ROA I think it is very important to hold those hits. But, I am a seasoned bong smoker, and this comes easily to me, I can see how it may be more difficult for those who haven't got such 'conditioned' lungs... I can't help but feel if you refined your technique to smaller doses in one toke you could go just as far as with 40 mg in several tokes. Just my opinion of course Wink
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

tele
#7 Posted : 12/5/2011 2:25:50 PM
Explorer

obliguhl wrote:
In my experience, it is a big, big mistake to hold it in for anything less than 15-20 seconds. Especially the last hit should be held in for as long as possible.

For me always the 1st is the last for one journey. I find it tough to be "half there" and concentrate on smoking another dose.

Often I exhale when I'm entering "hyperspace", that is when the "visions" are beginning. I never count. I think it's about 10-15 seconds.

nen888
#8 Posted : 12/5/2011 2:32:13 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..Terence McKenna always said "hold it in..!"

the longer the better, but with less pure extracts this can be harder to do..

q21q21
#9 Posted : 12/5/2011 5:03:17 PM

SWIM

Okay so I think that the transparency of the smoke is beside the point, I believe I found what the issue with my technique was.
I did not mention in the first post but I have had a really odd experience of having the same amounts of DMT do DRASTICALLY different things.
ex: 20 mg one day being a very strong sub-breakthrough to
literally finishing the 20mg.... waiting for the experience to start, then less than 1 minute after be typing in my journal about my confusion with only the slightest buzz.

While just trying to see if there was a difference for due diligence with the glaring opposition to my theory, which all scientists appreciate, I realized that I had been doing very SHALLOW TOKES. Like I said not being a smoker of anything but DMT I am a noobie in that arena in a sense.
Now whether all the DMT condenses in the lungs in 3 seconds may or may not be true, but if I only take 1/3 or 1/4 of a breath then all that DMT I suppose is only contacting a small portion of my lungs.
What do you guys think?
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

tele
#10 Posted : 12/5/2011 7:36:32 PM
Explorer

I think it's as important to take it in as deep as possible, as it is to hold it in for over 7 seconds. Just like you take a deep breath with your full lung capacity, you will have more lung area absorbing the oxygen/DMT in this case. The deeper inhalation, the better. If one has problems with harsh smoke, one can try to lessen the vaping temperature. Basically the deeper one inhales the more dmt one is taking into one's body and at the same time having the DMT spread out to the whole lung area, instead of just part of the lungs, which in case of shallow inhalation would be the top of the lungs.

obliguhl
#11 Posted : 12/5/2011 7:41:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
For me always the 1st is the last for one journey. I find it tough to be "half there" and concentrate on smoking another dose.

Thing is, for me, even 3 of the biggest hits i can take are not enough to breakthrough...
One usually does little....2 big ones and im getting somehere....

tele
#12 Posted : 12/5/2011 7:49:10 PM
Explorer

obliguhl wrote:
Quote:

Thing is, for me, even 3 of the biggest hits i can take are not enough to breakthrough...
One usually does little....2 big ones and im getting somehere....

Seems that we have different methods of smoking or that you need more DMT than me to reach breakthrough. I usually just load about 25mg to the glass genie and take it all in and I'm not the only one who's method it is to reach "there". There might be something little left in the pipe, but nothing too much. I also add enough heat that the dose vaporizes quickly and inhale slowly. First I make the ceramic glow red and then raise the lighter and keep on vaping at cooler temperature.

Ellis D'Empty
#13 Posted : 12/5/2011 9:46:04 PM

Snirfneblin

Hold it until you don't need to breathe again. One nice hit, held this long, will shoot you through space.
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

MooshyPeaches
#14 Posted : 12/6/2011 12:23:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

7-13seconds has always done it fine for me, and i see vapor come out when i exhale

gibran2
#15 Posted : 12/6/2011 1:39:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Somewhat related to this thread ---

Many experienced salvia extract users use time to control the depth of the experience. They inhale a standard dose, then hold it in for varying amounts of time depending on how deep they want to go.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Luuk
#16 Posted : 12/6/2011 3:31:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Wow, Ellis D'Empty,
"
We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross."

That's a beautiful thought, did you think of that yourself?

On-topic:
I smoke DMT through my Volcano, but for me it's highly desirable to get there in one toke because nothing distracts me from smoking more than DMTSmile
That's why I'm saving for a GVG.

obliguhl
#17 Posted : 12/6/2011 5:45:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I usually just load about 25mg to the glass genie and take it all in and I'm not the only one who's method it is to reach "there".

Yes, i do not use a GVG, only got a classic one. Still, there is not much left of it after loading something like 25mg. The best method for me is to fill the VG with 100mg+. This way, i can be sure that enough vaporizes to provide a strong experience. This might be way way too much for most people, especially if you are good at vaporizing dmt and your have a good lung capacity, so careful.

tele
#18 Posted : 12/6/2011 6:04:20 PM
Explorer

obliguhl wrote:
Quote:
I usually just load about 25mg to the glass genie and take it all in and I'm not the only one who's method it is to reach "there".

Yes, i do not use a GVG, only got a classic one. Still, there is not much left of it after loading something like 25mg. The best method for me is to fill the VG with 100mg+. This way, i can be sure that enough vaporizes to provide a strong experience. This might be way way too much for most people, especially if you are good at vaporizing dmt and your have a good lung capacity, so careful.

Yeah boy!

That sounds way intense dose...

I've used the normal vaporgenie and I find it effective, but there are some things it lacks compared to the GVG, one of the main things is amount of vapor it can hold inside and transparency.

obliguhl
#19 Posted : 12/6/2011 6:38:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think because i can't see the vapor, and it doesn't hold much, i always inhale a lot of regular aire or not so dense vapor during the process. It's best to get a huge hit of really dense vaporr.

tele
#20 Posted : 12/6/2011 6:41:32 PM
Explorer

obliguhl wrote:
I think because i can't see the vapor, and it doesn't hold much, i always inhale a lot of regular aire or not so dense vapor during the process. It's best to get a huge hit of really dense vaporr.

Yeah I know. It's very intense just to look at the GVG turn swirly milky in one-two seconds after enough heat has been applied. If you haven't tried the GVG I suggest you try and maybe you'll have to use less DMT for same effects.

12NEXT