CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Simple acetone extract and smoking? Options

Tropical
#1 Posted : 6/8/2011 9:51:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

from 100g bark acetone extract often gives a friend about 8g red resin like stuff. This is called jungle, right? Bark used is known to be about 0.8-1.1% dmt when properly extracted. But wanting to try a more full spectrum type thing, and acetone is easy an fast to use.

Can this resinous stuff be used similar to hash? or should it be vaped like pure crystal somehow?

Also would following relative dose be right? 8g/100g resin =8%. usual extract from same bark is say 1%. so need 8x more...?or is jungle different and should be dosed differently?

Thanks for any pointers Smile

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Tona
#2 Posted : 6/13/2011 9:11:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I suppose you could do that, but dont discard anything. Do STB on it later. We use strong bases or boiling to destroy cells membranes, so there may be some DMT left. Also, people usually use cold methanol for this and let it sit for at least a week. Note that even if you extract other alkaloids, not all of them are stable enough to survive vaporizing temperature. Also DMT extracted this way is not going to be freebase, so it will be harder to vaporize. If I were you I would stick to STB using xylene/toluene/limonene to get smokable jungle. I tried cold methanol extracted spice in pharmahuasca (DISCLAIMER: methanol is very poisonous if not fully evaporated). I think there is a difference between regular pharma and cold methanol pharma. Too bad nobody is exploring this further.

fourthripley
#3 Posted : 6/13/2011 10:50:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I believe Noman attempted a simple acetone soak extraction like this some years back and found the resinous extract to be inactive.
mistakes were made

Tropical
#4 Posted : 6/14/2011 4:57:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

very interesting, thanks. So would it be safe to assume, perhaps slightly hotter (lighter closer to stuff) would be beneficial? Dose is a concern though.

The acetone extract dried hard, not resinous at all.

Swim keeps all left overs to look at later and get a better idea of how much is left over.

DiMiTriX
#5 Posted : 6/14/2011 9:08:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

swim discourages you to do that,you'll extract full specrum nasties from you pink dye andnot the juncle or..not just the jungle..do a proper dry tek with limonene to get it imho Wink
Tz'is aná