CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How to use VG with screens and ash? Options

tele
#1 Posted : 12/24/2010 4:54:04 PM
Explorer

Hello,

before I get my hands on some volcano liquid pads, I would like to ask how one can use vaporgenie with freebase DMT, having only ash and screens as filters?

-Does it matter if the ash is between some screens or directly under the freebase?

-Does it matter what sort of ash is used?

If someone has used this method, please let me know how and what results did it bring.

I would use some mullein etc. but none currently available.

Merry Christmas!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 12/24/2010 4:55:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry I never did, but if I would, I would add plenty of ash.. I guess it doesnt hurt to add both between screens and directly under...

Why dont you use any other herb instead of mullein? Any tea will work, mint, chamomile, passionflower, whatever..

tele
#3 Posted : 12/24/2010 5:03:40 PM
Explorer

Great, thanks for advice. I have chamomile and green tea so I guess I'm set to blast in the spirit of christmas.
But how is the taste with green tea or chamomile? Acceptable?

endlessness
#4 Posted : 12/24/2010 5:09:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

With the GVG it should def be acceptable.

Here's one idea though: Try first without herbs, just the ashes and dmt and let us know if it works. Even in the case that nothing happens and it all melts through, at least you tell us and others will know, and you can always wash your GVG with alcohol to retrieve any melted dmt, and infuse some herbs with that.

Good luck, let us know how it goes

tele
#5 Posted : 12/24/2010 5:15:37 PM
Explorer

endlessness wrote:
With the GVG it should def be acceptable.

Here's one idea though: Try first without herbs, just the ashes and dmt and let us know if it works. Even in the case that nothing happens and it all melts through, at least you tell us and others will know, and you can always wash your GVG with alcohol to retrieve any melted dmt, and infuse some herbs with that.

Good luck, let us know how it goes

I actually have a borrowed wooden vaporgenie before my GVG arrives...

However, I have forgot to mention, that before posting this topic, I actually wasted two doses of DMT because I used only six screens without any herbs or ashes on top. So do not use your VG/GVG with only screens, it will waste your prescious spice!

About the ash: I tried plain ash vaporization without DMT and it actually gave a bad taste, I also tried if there was any taste with the plain screens, but no, it was the ash. I guess there are differences with ashes too?
Besides, the ash is so fine that it might slip through some screens. So I won't be using any ashes...

I tried some chamomile vaporization plain with VG and the taste is very pleasant, hopefully tomorrow everything works out fine!

endlessness
#6 Posted : 12/24/2010 5:29:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well if ash is coming from a completely combusted material and isnt falling through and coming to your mouth, there theoretically shouldnt be any taste I guess. But to be honest I never used ash with the vaporgenie, only before I had it and used a bong and ash sandwhich. I used weed ash, but I guess most will be fine.

In any case if you prefer to go by herbs, I would say go for it! It sounds like you have good plan..

Good luck Smile

xibalbaNOW
#7 Posted : 2/9/2011 9:41:49 PM

The Giddy Aunt

So... how many screens are recommended for use with the GVG?
"buy the ticket, take the ride" HST

xibalbaNOW
#8 Posted : 2/9/2011 10:41:50 PM

The Giddy Aunt

Well I just tested with five screens and whilst it was good for the contents I did find the smoking experience quite tight - a lack of air coming through. I do have shallow breathing (asthma) anyway, so perhaps I need to practice a two-step smoking method of heating up, then vaping.
"buy the ticket, take the ride" HST

landfishd
#9 Posted : 2/10/2011 3:00:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think what he means is to heat the screens or mesh before loading it, then the spice will melt into the screens. I've never tried that, but in the GVG thread people say it works better that way and doesn't drip down as much...

Not Sure
#10 Posted : 2/12/2011 7:04:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Would the same ceramic heating disc work well as a filter under the spice or oil, rather than screens? (that's an idea not a reality, I know there is no room).
“Psychedelics are like square roots. They can take you from a place you know, to a place you never imagined could have existed”