CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Opinions on freebase dosage in a GVG Options

RobMarley
#21 Posted : 1/26/2011 3:55:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Huh, I might have to invest in a GVG then.

Last weekend I smoked 20mg out of a bong ontop of damiana leaf and it was no where near a breakthrough. I haven't brokenthrough yet but I could tell I was not close.

I must be wasting quite a bit with the direct heat of the flame and the vapor going through the water.
Transcend The Limitations of Physical Reality.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

mattritt
#22 Posted : 1/27/2011 5:14:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yea, the GVG is where its at. 25 mgs is a breakthrough for me, but I'm still working up to it with the GVG. The explosive dense vapor gibran2 talks about always throws me off haha. Its like "WOAH too much" is the first thought to hit my head when that happens. The GVG has blown me away every time. I've only used it like 5 times now but am taking a break for alittle, though I feel the call imminent in the near future. Very happy
Step forward into your cave. That's right. You're going deeper into your cave. And you're going to find, your power animal...

Imagine your pain as a white ball of healing light. It moves over your body, healing you. Now keep this going, remember to breathe, and step forward through the backdoor of the room. Where does it lead?

RobMarley
#23 Posted : 1/27/2011 9:09:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mattritt wrote:
The explosive dense vapor gibran2 talks about always throws me off haha. Its like "WOAH too much" is the first thought to hit my head when that happens.

This is the one thing keeping me from getting one. I think I'd feel more comfortable inhaling a breakthrough dose in a single bong hit, rather than a hit of straight DMT vapor.

How harsh are the thick vapors on the throat and lungs? I have heard plenty of people say it is like warm flowery air, but I have a hard time believing that. Is it really that smooth when you inhale a breakthrough dose in one breath?
Transcend The Limitations of Physical Reality.

endlessness
#24 Posted : 1/27/2011 9:17:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes its as smooth as it gets. I have tried the machine, bong with herb or ash sandwich, joints, pipes of different kinds and lightbulb vap, and the vaporgenie + torchlighter surpasses all of them by very far in terms of effectiveness/dosage needed and smoothness of vapor.

I wouldnt vaporize dmt any other way now.

edit: and as gibran said, you can regulate the inhalation by keeping the lighter further away or closer.

gibran2
#25 Posted : 1/27/2011 10:27:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

RobMarley wrote:
mattritt wrote:
The explosive dense vapor gibran2 talks about always throws me off haha. Its like "WOAH too much" is the first thought to hit my head when that happens.

This is the one thing keeping me from getting one. I think I'd feel more comfortable inhaling a breakthrough dose in a single bong hit, rather than a hit of straight DMT vapor.

How harsh are the thick vapors on the throat and lungs? I have heard plenty of people say it is like warm flowery air, but I have a hard time believing that. Is it really that smooth when you inhale a breakthrough dose in one breath?

It is possible to regulate the rate of vaporization somewhat. A very aggressive approach – keeping the flame close to the ceramic diffuser the entire time – will often result in most of the DMT being vaporized in a very short period of time (under 1 second). You will definitely feel the vapor entering your lungs, but it isn’t hot or harsh at all. The shock doesn’t come from the harshness of the vapor, but rather from the intensity and rapidity of effect onset.

A more gentle approach – keeping the flame further away from the diffuser or removing it from time to time – will slow the vaporization down, but you might not be able to get everything in one hit this way. I try to get my dose in one hit only because I don’t have a sitter and find it very hard to function physically after even one good hit.

It also depends on what you’re using to hold the DMT – a thin copper mesh disc tends to help the DMT vaporize all at once. A thicker liquid pad will release it more slowly (I guess, since I haven’t used a liquid pad). The more material, the slower the vaporization.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Nature Boy
#26 Posted : 1/27/2011 10:31:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes...I have to agree. As a life-long non-smoker, inhaling hot or thick vapors was not a pleasant notion. Today the GVG showed me that it can produce astonishingly efficient effects with no immediate lung or throat discomfort or urge to cough, AT ALL.

And yes, its efficiency and comfort at delivering a full dose can catch you by surprise...but like anything else, with experience, you re-calibrate. I'd say when at home, it is just the right tool for the job. The GVG is definitely not for traveling, due to its heft and bulk. I may just fashion a "Le Machine" which works on the same principle if the need ever arises to have a piece to take to a deserted campground, park or beach.

N.B.

tele
#27 Posted : 1/28/2011 11:59:56 AM
Explorer

^Or a wooden vaporgenie, if one decides to blast off in nature.

justine
#28 Posted : 1/28/2011 1:09:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I also found out that a simple way to vap. the dose slowly is to not pre-melt it
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

PREV12