#1 Posted : 11/19/2009 10:14:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Check it out:

Demo of the one-piece Helix Classic

Demo of the Helix Multi

http://helixpipe.com/

Sold here:

http://www.helixpipe.com/buy.html

I just got my glass VG, so I won't be able to afford a Helix for a while, but I'm trying to figure out a simple attachment setup to rig the Helix Multi's body with the ceramic cap of the VG....like a bowl that will accept the VG cap, with an intermediary attachment between the bowl and Helix body. And of course, it's all got to fit right.

I may have found a bowl that will accept the VG cap, but I need to find some sort of 90 degree attachment to accept the bowl and fit into the Helix body. Still trying to find out the inner diameter of the Helix's female receptor.

"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jamie
#2 Posted : 11/19/2009 4:51:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

that thing looks cool.
Long live the unwoke.

SnozzleBerry
#3 Posted : 11/19/2009 5:03:06 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Dimitrius wrote:
I may have found a bowl that will accept the VG cap, but I need to find some sort of 90 degree attachment to accept the bowl and fit into the Helix body. Still trying to find out the inner diameter of the Helix's female receptor.

Know any blowers? You could unquestionably put in a request for a 90 degree glass on glass joint and it should be fairly easy/cheap. I'd guess, without really looking at the product that it uses a 14.4 adapter...If you want, tell me what you're looking for/give me specs and i can talk to some people.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

WSaged
#4 Posted : 11/19/2009 5:44:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dimitrius wrote:
I just got my glass VG, so I won't be able to afford a Helix for a while, but I'm trying to figure out a simple attachment setup to rig the Helix Multi's body with the ceramic cap of the VG....like a bowl that will accept the VG cap, with an intermediary attachment between the bowl and Helix body. And of course, it's all got to fit right.

Keep in mind that what the VG cap does is mix the heat from a flame & cool air from around the flame together inside the ceramic element to provide a temperature inside the bowl that is perfect for even vaporization.
It is using the ambient temperature inside the bowl, not direct heat.

The VG cap on different bowl is not necessarily going to work as well...especially if you have to have some kind of attachment to connect the VG cap to some foreign bowl.
The VG works as well as it does because the small size of the bowl & it's proximity to the ceramic heat diffuser.

This is also why there is that little metal coil thingy under the screen in the original VG's, it keeps the bottom of the bowl flat & even, allowing the ambient heated air to circulate under the herbs as well.
If you remove the coil from the bottom, the bowl's shape changes & the VG does not wok quite as well anymore. The herbs at the bottom are now too far away & the diffused air is not able to heat the inside of the bowl evenly enough to vaporize correctly anymore.

I'm not saying your idea won't work for sure, just saying that simply fitting the VG cap onto a different bowl isn't necessarily going to do the same exact thing for you. Especially if the size & shape of the bowl is very different.

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dimitrius
#5 Posted : 11/30/2009 5:13:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dimitrius wrote:
Check it out:

I abandoned this idea. It was impractical and extraneous, not to mention expensive.

By the way, the female joint of the Helix body is a 14.5 in case anyone needs to know.

Still looks like a cool pipe, I just don't need it.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

psychosisdoses
#6 Posted : 11/30/2009 6:34:44 PM

Derek

that is a thing of beauty..
oh itd be cool to have money to blow on such things
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

Touche Guevara
#7 Posted : 11/30/2009 7:40:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Seems like you could get a similar effect by just feathering the shotgun on a normal bubbler.

antrocles
#8 Posted : 11/30/2009 9:41:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i have the bong version of this pipe...the hurricane. it is very cool and you can easily put a hash oil bubble fitting on it. i saw this pipe when i purchased my bong...it looked cool and all but indeed impractical. cool for SMOKING herbs, but not for anyone into vaporization. i personally haven't burned anything in a long time....it kinda grosses me out at this point.

if you want the same cool "vortex" effect that can be applied to spice smoking, i would highly recommend the hurricane bong. however, that being said, since i got my glass VG i haven't used anything else. the glass VG is, in my estimation, the best device available for what we are doing here.. Pleased

MUCH LOVE AND GRATITUDE!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

ismokecrystals
#9 Posted : 11/30/2009 11:32:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Helix uses 14.5mm glass AFAIK.

I've smoked spice out of it and it's better than a bong imo. I used the bubbler part and its a nice smooth toke.

State of the Mind
#10 Posted : 12/2/2009 8:35:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM wouldn't complain if SWIM got one of these as a Christmas present. *Hint Hint*

That has to be the best vaporiser SWIM has seen so far. However it does look very delicate, not to mention expensive. Also as SWIM normally smokes DMT on his own, if he was to accidental drop it as he is fired into Hyperspace, that would be a lot of money down the drain.

Nice find Dimitrius Very happy
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.

Dimitrius
#11 Posted : 12/2/2009 9:07:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

State of the Mind wrote:
SWIM wouldn't complain if SWIM got one of these as a Christmas present. *Hint Hint*

That has to be the best vaporiser SWIM has seen so far. However it does look very delicate, not to mention expensive. Also as SWIM normally smokes DMT on his own, if he was to accidental drop it as he is fired into Hyperspace, that would be a lot of money down the drain.

WTF?!?

I could swear I've seen this post before today. Really. I read it a day or two ago. Right??

And I don't remember seeing the rest of those posts, after my last post.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just losing it huh? I sometimes mix memories, in almost dreamlike ways.

Dimitrius
#12 Posted : 12/3/2009 5:30:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dimitrius wrote:
State of the Mind wrote:

WTF?!?

I could swear I've seen this post before today. Really. I read it a day or two ago. Right??

I don't know. Maybe I'm just losing it huh? I sometimes mix memories, in almost dreamlike ways.

I knew I had read that post before! What, are you trying to make me crazy!

http://www.dmt-nexus.me/....aspx?g=posts&t=7853

State of the Mind wrote:
Quote:

SWIM wouldn't complain if SWIM got one of these as a Christmas present. *Hint Hint* Laughing

That has to be the best vaporiser SWIM has seen so far. However it does look very delicate, not to mention expensive. Also as SWIM normally smokes DMT on his own, if he was to accidental drop it as he is fired into Hyperspace, that would be a lot of money down the drain. Rolling eyes

Wasn't my find though, link was found here:
Quote:
http://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=7857

You little trickster. GOT ME QUESTIONING MY MEMORY!

Of course, I'm only kidding SoM. It was kind of funny for me.

Dimitrius
#13 Posted : 12/3/2009 10:23:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A line of pieces by Chameleon Glass that employs a similar principle to the Helix.

the Typhoon Vortex

the Renegade Typhoon

the Typhoon 'Sax-O-Phoon'

the Typhoon Hookah

ChameleonGlass.com

This place...has all pieces except for the large hookah in the link above. They have a smaller one though.

Also, an interesting article...where does your piece come from?

State of the Mind
#14 Posted : 12/22/2009 12:55:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dimitrius wrote:
Dimitrius wrote:
State of the Mind wrote:

WTF?!?

I knew I had read that post before! What, are you trying to make me crazy!

http://www.dmt-nexus.me/....aspx?g=posts&t=7853

State of the Mind wrote:
Quote:

SWIM wouldn't complain if SWIM got one of these as a Christmas present. *Hint Hint* Laughing

That has to be the best vaporiser SWIM has seen so far. However it does look very delicate, not to mention expensive. Also as SWIM normally smokes DMT on his own, if he was to accidental drop it as he is fired into Hyperspace, that would be a lot of money down the drain. Rolling eyes

Wasn't my find though, link was found here:
Quote:
http://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=7857

You little trickster. GOT ME QUESTIONING MY MEMORY!

Of course, I'm only kidding SoM. It was kind of funny for me.

Yes apologies. Before becoming a fully fledged member, I read this thread and wanted to comment so I started a thread in the nursery so that I could express my views upon the helix pipe. When I became a fully fledged member I pasted my post to here. Sorry to seem repetitive. Sad
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.

Madcap
#15 Posted : 12/22/2009 1:39:01 AM

illudium Q-36

Dimitrius wrote:

Please point us to the bowl that fits a glass VG ceramic plug. I really want to vape spice in a bong but I haven't found anything that vapes better than my VG.. I long for a big thick spice bong hit.
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.