We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Our world may be a giant hologram Options

benzyme
#1 Posted : 2/9/2010 9:04:33 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

http://www.newscientist....-hologram.html?full=true

something for metaphysical buffs to chew on.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

۩
#2 Posted : 2/9/2010 9:17:21 PM

Chewy as a turkey tail mushroom fresh off the holographic log...

My oh my the possibilities of this grand experiment never cease to boggle me

benzyme
#3 Posted : 2/9/2010 9:21:33 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

indeedy
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

GreenD
#4 Posted : 2/10/2010 6:05:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ehh, sorry guys, but it's just not true. The planck constant really doesn't make time & space into grains, i.e. space & time are not quantized at some small limit. It's a very bad assumption on q.m. physicists to believe this, however you cannot blame them, it does seem so.

The planck constant has to do with the limit of light, not the limit of space and time, it's a limit of a wavelength - it's the smallest resolution we can ever see... with the tools we have now, with the particles we use now.

But we can go smaller (maybe). But even if we can't, it does not mean that space & time are discrete in their measurements, and you can believe me on that. Smile