We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
How to store DMT crystals Options

ghostman
#41 Posted : 3/10/2010 10:00:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

88 wrote:
ghostman wrote:
We am to please ;-)

either s typo, or poetic genius. "We am to please." From this moment onward, I am to please

It was a typo, but I'm claiming it! Laughing
Peace in mind, Love in heart

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Beloved Child
#42 Posted : 3/10/2010 10:09:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hahahaha, the best phrases usually come by accident!

I am to please too!

~BC

ghostman
#43 Posted : 3/10/2010 10:13:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Beloved Child wrote:
Hahahaha, the best phrases usually come by accident!

I am to please too!

~BC

All of us am to please Very happy

Spread the love people!
Peace in mind, Love in heart

gammagore
#44 Posted : 3/10/2010 10:31:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nice, someone has been doing alot of reading through the forumSmile

Psilocin Dreams
#45 Posted : 6/3/2010 2:11:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I apologize if this thread belongs elsewhere but i couldnt find one on the subject. Does DMT when stored in a vile degrade? If it does what is the best way and the easiest way to store it for quick use. Just kinda hoping there is a better way than a tincture is all i guess.Smile

SnozzleBerry
#46 Posted : 6/3/2010 4:59:46 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

DMT stored in a vial will not really degrade unless it's exposed to heat. The crystals may oxidize somewhat due to the small amount of air in the jar, but it's really not a big deal (personally i prefer slightly oxidized crystals). If it does degrade for whatever reason, you can always recrystallize it. Anything that seals airtight is fine for storing your product for quick use.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

acolon_5
#47 Posted : 6/3/2010 6:28:27 PM

The Great Namah

In an airtight vial in the freezer little to no oxidation occures (at least not visably), nor is there any loss of potency over 2 years, this I can attest to.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

gammagore
#48 Posted : 6/3/2010 9:52:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A quick look through the FAQ and answers were found.

Photon
#49 Posted : 7/5/2010 11:18:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Everyone on this forum seems to store their freebase DMT in glass containers, is this necessary so that the DMT doesn't react with the container?

What would happen if you wrapped DMT up in cling-film, tin-foil or kept it in a plastic tub? Would a horrendous chemical reaction occur?

Is glass the only option when it comes to storing DMT?

BananaForeskin
#50 Posted : 7/5/2010 11:24:00 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

I hope something horrendous doesn't occur. If it does, it's not terribly noticeable.

I'm sure glass is by far the superior material for containers in this situation, but I always have stored my spice and changa in plastic wrap (in a pinch), or in small plastic vials. I have never noticed any sort of problem arising from this.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't use glass, though-- just that you won't melt anything by using plastic.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

goqql
#51 Posted : 7/5/2010 11:30:58 PM

N. Theodor Gene

I recommend using the little hdpe test tubes used in laboratories and doctors offices.
Tin foil is the most likely to react with your product and should be your last choice.
Plastic is fine, just make sure to make it airtight and avoid exposing it to light or temperature.

abc1234560
#52 Posted : 7/6/2010 12:09:26 AM

Steve

Smile Yeah, there shouldn't be any reaction, but considering how reactive tinfoil is with some things, and DMT is kinda Smoked...

Dont use tin foil. Glass is classy. ;Wink HDPE is your best plastic, but personally I wouldn't worry about that too much. The shelf life of DMT is your biggest worry when it comes to storage.
I am not SWIM. SWIM is a fictitious character that likes to preform extractions out in space where it is legal to do so. Any and all posts by this user are fictional and are there for entertainment purposes only.

Saturate
#53 Posted : 8/3/2010 2:02:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

At the moment are in little foil packs
Want to divide amounts and transfer to small plastic baggies, will this compromise the chemical?

Thanks for any answers

gammagore
#54 Posted : 8/3/2010 2:43:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm, sounds dodgy way to store DMT. I always use glass vial's.

Why store them in separate baggies?

dreamer042
#55 Posted : 8/3/2010 2:50:55 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

-
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

jbark
#56 Posted : 8/3/2010 2:57:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
SWIM says capsules are a great way to divide up your spice into individual doses. You can then throw them into a vial/baggy/bottle or what have you.

Wouldn't there be a lot of loss with spice adhering to the insides of each capsule?

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

State of the Mind
#57 Posted : 8/3/2010 3:00:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is what is written on the Nexus FAQ

FAQ - DMT Frequently Asked Questions and Troubleshooting Guide wrote:
Does DMT go bad?
The main degradation product of dmt seems to be dmt n-oxide, which is also psychoactive. Some people enjoy and find qualitative difference in n-oxide compared to dmt. On the other hand, other people report negative experiences with old spice, but it is unknown how much is self-suggestion and how much is really true.
In any case, n-oxide can be converted back to dmt using zinc dust, see link below
Many people convert the freebase to dmt fumarate for storage, as its claimed to be a more stable salt.

Whats the best way to store DMT?
As with mostly anything, a dark, airtight, dry and cold place is the best, but dmt is reasonably stable and one doesnt have to worry much appart from dmt-n-oxide
In any case, one can also convert to dmt fumarate which is a very stable salt form of dmt

Here are a few links that can help as well:
Long-term storage
How to store DMT for longest
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.

hyperspacing
#58 Posted : 8/3/2010 3:07:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The best way to store dmt is in your lungs. Just vape it, inhale, and deposit it hit by hit. Very happy

Just go to a smoke shop. They sell little glass vials for really cheap. Depends on the store but swim gets his for under 1 dollar each.
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

DoingKermit
#59 Posted : 8/3/2010 3:09:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, sounds a bit weird that you want to store them in individual baggies.

I just keep mine in a small airtight container in my freezer. Never had problems...

BakersArmy
#60 Posted : 8/3/2010 7:18:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Vials have always been the way ive done it. That god alwful freeze precip fluff doesnt mix well with a plastic bag either.
I do not do drugs. Nor do i manufacture produce or distribute any illegal substance. All posts are purely a work of fiction and should never be interpreted as anything but utter ramblings of a mad man.

PREV1234NEXT