We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
cthulhu Options

psychosisdoses
#1 Posted : 12/26/2009 1:49:48 AM

Derek

who hear enjoys a good bit of hp lovecraft like i?
he had QUITE an insight into what lays beyond..
how you think he came up with such ideas...
i suspect endogenous dmt, but who knows.

psychosisdoses attached the following image(s):
cthulhu.jpg (57kb) downloaded 221 time(s).
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Spiced
#2 Posted : 12/26/2009 9:12:30 AM

Terra Incognita

Some people, believe it or not, don't need any drugs to come up with such stuff, it's all about imagination.

Lot's of surrealists never even touched drugs and what they came up with looks definatly more psychedelic then what Lovercraft did there, the mind can be pretty psychedelic on it's own i guess. Razz

psychosisdoses
#3 Posted : 12/26/2009 12:20:22 PM

Derek

well... yes i wasnt implying that lovecraft was tripping..
just that he had access to the SAME thing whatever it may be without the use of the keys
i wasnt saying people NEED "DRUGS" to be creative..
and no lovecraft didnt draw that.. hes a writer
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~

Spiced
#4 Posted : 12/26/2009 3:42:55 PM

Terra Incognita

Razz I am aware of the fact that he is a writer, he invented the Necronomicon, maybe he painted too, i dunno, that's pretty much everything i know about him.

But sorry, i misunderstood the question.

But quite possibly yes, i am a VERY frequent and very vivid dreamer, the things i dream are way beyond my reach of imagination, and still i dream them, the mind is a strange thing, so is reality, we only know very little about the brain, and we use very little of our brain capacity, who knows what we are capable of with full brain activity, it's so facinating, yet so frustrating that we don't know so much about it.

I'm always so intrigued when i see works by some surrealist painters, they are so psychedelic, it's beyond my understanding.

But ok, sorry once again to polute your topic, i can't contribute with common sense, it's way beyond me.

psychosisdoses
#5 Posted : 12/26/2009 10:59:37 PM

Derek

Spiced wrote:

But quite possibly yes, i am a VERY frequent and very vivid dreamer, the things i dream are way beyond my reach of imagination, and still i dream them, the mind is a strange thing, so is reality, we only know very little about the brain, and we use very little of our brain capacity, who knows what we are capable of with full brain activity, it's so facinating, yet so frustrating that we don't know so much about it.

EXACTLY and artists like lois wain..
there is obviously SOME connection.. something that they come to be able to tap into
in much the same way psychedelics can access such realms

Spiced
#6 Posted : 12/27/2009 1:27:53 PM

Terra Incognita

Oh yea, this sure is a great example of the strange ways our brains start to work when something is altered in our neuron structure.

Also brain tumors are quite facinating, so many people suddenly get these great gifts, some suddenly become mathematical geniuses for example.

But at the other hand Louis Wain's case is unique, not everyone agrees that schizophrenia made him paint in this highly psychedelic fashion.

Although, i can't see what else caused it, but again, it's frustrating that we know so little about our brain.

The problem is that we aren't using enough of our capacity and we don't have ways (except for psychedelics and other drugs) to use the extra capacity, and even then, it's still hard to work with what we can use now.

I guess if we would use all of our brains capacity reality would be sooooo much different, it's fun to philosophize about the possibilities, paranormal gifts will sure enough include the package.

Observant
#7 Posted : 12/27/2009 4:17:24 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

Spiced wrote:

Also brain tumors are quite facinating, so many people suddenly get these great gifts, some suddenly become mathematical geniuses for example.

But at the other hand Louis Wain's case is unique, not everyone agrees that schizophrenia made him paint in this highly psychedelic fashion.
Although, i can't see what else caused it, but again, it's frustrating that we know so little about our brain.

Brain Tumors and other Brain Damage manifest in a very cruel way in most of the cases , it sounds weird reading :
"Brain Tumors are fascinating , you suddenly get this great gift " I dont think of Tumors as extra Features ...

About Louis Wain: I read that he looked at lots of colours and patterns as a child , His parents were producing tapestries and such.

I see nothing Schizophrenic about his paintings - he mastered painting cats in human social situations and then simply moved on to fractaline cat patterns .
These fractals are most certainly not how he perceived his surroundings at that time ,looks like a fun task for him , a relaxing task - I see beautiful Intuitively painted patterns from his mind and associations , and a fascination/practice in the technique of symmetrical painting. As a comic painter it was his jobto translate details into simpler forms .
You wouldnt consider a grafitti artist schizophrenic because he uses distorted, sometimes unreadable letters in his pieces and more colours than one normally sees in one place .

The pictures are beautiful indeed - yet I don't think they're supernatural, overhuman , or the perfect example how a schizophrenic would see a cat as .

I love Cats Smile
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

gosvami
#8 Posted : 12/27/2009 7:51:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

back to topic...back to lovecraft.

Quote:
well... yes i wasnt implying that lovecraft was tripping..
oh, i think he did...may be mushrooms...

in many of his tales he wrote that he (=the protagonist of the story...) tried to get "useful insight or a sort of forbidden knowledge or wisdom...or whatever.." by using pschedelica. in "hypnos" and "the crawling caos" he spoke about this practice. in his story "ex oblivione" for example he wrote:

"Last night I swallowed the drug and floated dreamily into the golden valley and the shadowy groves; and
when I came this time to the antique wall, I saw that the small gate of bronze was ajar. From beyond
came a glow that weirdly lit the giant twisted trees and the tops of the buried temples, and I drifted on
songfully, expectant of the glories of the land from whence I should never return.
But as the gate swung wider and the sorcery of the drug and the dream pushed me through, I knew that..."

lovecrafts tales a full of creative psychedelic trip descriptions (and the fear that arises then you are tripping really deep...) in a very subtle, visually stunning language...and his work is misunderstood by the mass of the people, imho...

i highly recommend to read "through the gates of the silver key"...and you will know what i mean...
http://en.wikipedia.org/..._Gates_of_the_Silver_Key

greez
cthulhus slave,
formerly known as gosvami
Twisted Evil
OM

psychosisdoses
#9 Posted : 12/28/2009 1:25:50 AM

Derek

YESS great post gosvami

Observant
#10 Posted : 12/28/2009 1:45:59 AM

Nothing Stops The Void

The Pictures in HR Gigers "Necronomicon" are also inspired by Mushrooms , he stated that in an interview .
He wouldnt see stuff like that in his dreams , but when on mushrooms ,he told
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

gosvami
#11 Posted : 12/28/2009 12:04:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Observant wrote:

I love Cats Smile
lovecraft did too.
Wink

"It is said that in Ulthar, which lies beyond the river Skai, no man may kill a cat; and this I can verily believe as I gaze upon him who sitteth purring before the fire. For the cat is cryptic, and close to strange things which men cannot see. He is the soul of antique Aegyptus, and bearer of tales from forgotten cities in Meroe and Ophir. He is the kin of the jungle’s lords, and heir to the secrets of hoary and sinister Africa. The Sphinx is his cousin, and he speaks her language; but he is more ancient than the Sphinx, and remembers that which she hath forgotten."

yea...as written in the tales of old...

by the way:
some people speculate the mysterious NECRONOMICON is the voinich manuskript.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voynich_manuscript
http://130.132.81.65/VOY.../size4/D0025/1006231.jpg

there is a nice interview about this manuscript with terence mckenna floating around in the net...:
http://www.disclose.tv/a...ynich_Manuscript_Pt_1_3/

OM

Spiced
#12 Posted : 12/28/2009 7:49:49 PM

Terra Incognita

gosvami wrote:
Observant wrote:

I love Cats Smile
lovecraft did too.
Wink

I did too, but this morning one of my 4 cats did her needs right next to the cat box, again!!

I don't get these animals, it was a fresh box ffs.

psychosisdoses
#13 Posted : 12/29/2009 1:02:51 AM

Derek

Spiced wrote:

I did too, but this morning one of my 4 cats did her needs right next to the cat box, again!!

I don't get these animals, it was a fresh box ffs.

shes mad at you about something.. or stressed out because you are
they do things to spite us

Spiced
#14 Posted : 12/29/2009 2:17:36 PM

Terra Incognita

Sorry to be offtopic, but now that you mention it, since we have another cat, a male one she started doing this, but we have him like more then 6 moths already, and still now and then she pisses next to her box, we even have two boxes, but still she does that.

gosvami
#15 Posted : 12/31/2009 1:37:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

back to topic.
is cthulhu benign?

by the way:
some..."fools"...reported that smoking spice isn't a benefit at all.

http://www.dmt-nexus.me/...ts&m=57328#post57328

litrium wrote:
From my experiances, I have to say that not all, but almost all of the DMT beings are negative, either in a just annoying jester/clown type way or a much more malicious energy draining/soul way. There also liars, seductive (VERY seductive), tricky and very very intelligent.

From my own experiances I was almost 'lost' to the energy and weird dark magic of these realms and it was only with REAL willpower and meditation for a long time that I pulled myself out of it and looked back and thought WTF was I thinking?? Also this shit (DMT that is) draaaains you energetically big time, I'd even say it felt like my energy was dirtied or muddied somehow, theres no free tickets to see other dimensions and I felt this after I quit DMT.

Also while using DMT I would get constant 3:00am sleep paralysis WAAY more pronounced than before I began using this stuff. I'm talking weird hood spirits drilling lazers or some shit into my back and even when I managed to move my foot, it wouldnt stop! Scary is an understatement. Also alot of succubus like activity, like weird female beings sticking there tongue into my fucking brain or some shit. I always felt UBER tired when i would wake up from these sleep paralysis attacks.

Nothing is as it seems in these realms, shapeshifting, strange magical seduction, implants, energy draining, changes of thought, a weakening of willpower (also a kinda weakened mind in general) can and do occur with continued use of this stuff.

It's almost like a person has some kind of protective field around himself in day to day life and DMT dissolves this field temporarily plunging you head first into one of a myriad of other dimensions where there are higher, more intelligent and alot of the times malicious entities.

A person over in the Ayahuasca forums (technically not smoked DMT but still) mentioned he now has schizophrenia from continued use of the brew. He says he has to take medications for the voices that aren't his. Before the use of the brew he was fine. Another so called western 'Shaman' decided to commit suicide as the spirits wanted him to join them in there realms for good.

Also a well known Shaman from the amazon decided to stop using the brew, as the 'helper spirits' one day just turned on him.

Demons are real in those places, they can shapeshift and show themselves as the most beautiful and alluring things to seduce you deeper and deeper into these places. Also alien abduction and experimentation is a common theme of a proper breakthrough, not always but when it happens youll know it and 9 times out of ten it aint good.

These beings are for some reason 'fronting' as good beings and if you watch closely they have a sort of viciousness and desperation to them. I would even say a cruel sense of humour. It's almost like there trying to show you the kingdom of heaven although it feels 'wrong' somehow. Theres an eerienes in your soul when your there, it feels like well to put it bluntly, demonic.

That Mcknenna guy once said something like you gotta be on your toes or something along those lines. Thats exactly! the feeling. It's like you cant trust them, there somehow manevolent.

WTF is with the insectoids also? These things are fucking scary and DO NOT look at all postive. Like when i see a spider in real life crawling on my arm I instinctively go ahhh! and swipe it off. And I read reports here of people welcoming these 'spider demons' with open arms.

Either you don't realize the implications of what your doing or your just plain dumb. Even shamans use rattles and songs to protect themselves from manevolent energies and you go accepting some kind of Spider Demon to trap you and abduct you?

i wonder if this fool is wrong...or has not enough love...or too much fear...whatever.
i wanna explore further.
but I will make my own judgment and i will never accept other people's point of view only because i wish their view is the right one.

so...the great antrocles (for example....) may be right and a wise man.
may be he is totally wrong and a fool.
i wanna explore further.

maybe both, "litrium" and "antrocles" misinterpret the hole dmt-experience.

maybe "burnt's" point of view is..."the best".

may be it doesn't matter.

does it?

i wanna explore further.

OM

burnt
#16 Posted : 12/31/2009 2:50:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

SWIM certainly think there is a dark side to the dmt experience. SWIM had these things going through his head once on pharm that there was these things that controlled our minds and were certainly not nice. It was evil as fuck. They were basically trying to torture SWIM into submitting. SWIM was on his knees ready to give up himself to their power. But it was an awesome trip. Why would a torture trip be awesome? Well SWIM realized this is how religious people who are god fearing view god. SWIM had dmt teach SWIM what it was like to live in fear of god.

I can see how spice could send someone who is prone to psychotic behavior could be driven over the edge from such a substance even ayahuasca.

gosvami
#17 Posted : 12/31/2009 4:32:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hmmmm. yea, dmt is not for everyone. some people might be harmed (psychological...)by the extremely overwhelming and alien experience. for some people it might by not safe to use this substance and psychosis might be triggered...or uncovered.
but thats not the point i wanna focus here.
thats a point that should be discussed and is discussed (i hope so...) in another thread.

i am interested in the experience itself and how people interpret it. the way the experience is integrated by our conceptual mind in our conceptual world-view is the most rewarding study.

lovecraft integrated it in his way, with his work. and he was able to earn money with his work...a work that is fascinating people all around the world up to date...

the difficulty is, imho, to separate the objective experience from that what we (our human mind....) put in the experience.

the statement:
Quote:
They were basically trying to torture SWIM into submitting
is not objective at all (rather a very subjective interpretation...), imho, and not helpful to understand what was experienced....

so three questions arises:
is it possible at all to understand?
is it necessary at all to understand?
and:
is the experience a useful one for the evolution of the individual and/or the human species and if so: in what extent....

blablabla
Embarrased
OM

psychosisdoses
#18 Posted : 12/31/2009 5:20:37 PM

Derek

i dont feel the drug is evil or dark nor is it light the drug is just that a drug the way the individual responds to it is what invokes light or dark imagery

it can go either way the drug only unlocks it
what happens is more up to us then most realize

burnt
#19 Posted : 12/31/2009 5:21:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Quote:
the statement:
Quote:
They were basically trying to torture SWIM into submitting
is not objective at all (rather a very subjective interpretation...), imho, and not helpful to understand what was experienced....

so three questions arises:
is it possible at all to understand?
is it necessary at all to understand?
and:
is the experience a useful one for the evolution of the individual and/or the human species and if so: in what extent....

Yes thats definitely a subjective interpretation on the experience. SWIM doesn't think any of it was real or anything thats just how SWIM interpreted it. Those themes were running through SWIMs mind before the trip so the interesting part is how it played itself out in SWIMs trip. I think a lot of psychedelic experiences can be like this. Whatever themes have been going on in ones head can play themselves out in the theater of the mind.

To your questions: Is it possible to understand? Yes in the physical sense I think so via neuroscience. In the mental sense its more like dream interpretation. Best left to individual or psychologists to unravel.

Is it necessary to understand? Only to break the myths.

Is experience useful for evolution of individual and or species? It can be be. Many people learn empathy via psychedelics and this can be very beneficial. So I think it depends on the situation and the individual. Its not a universal cure all however.