We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Strange Coincidence Involving DMT and Jesters Options

SleepyeArt
#1 Posted : 1/1/2016 9:01:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey everyone!

A while ago i made a video on youtube showcasing my DMT jester digital painting to try to promote myself as a beginning artist, almost immediately after i get a comment from a raver kid saying he was so shocked when he saw the jester in his first DMT trip and he posted the digital painting he made and it was like almost the EXACT fucking composition i made, the place of the jester and its hands, and the background color scheme. his background was a little more basic but more dmt like in my opinion because it was circus checkered patterned square room..

then i get a comment from a lady saying she just broke thru 1 night ago and had a bad trip of 4 jesters that were being like sexually aggressive with her, she said the background was (pink and red CHECKERED patterning and she posted a picture of a black and white checkered room which is pretty much exactly the same as the other commenters digital painting.

literally all the things we made and posted had connecting archetypes and elements that are too visible to ignore.
Ive had issues with psychedelics where they pretty much cause probability to be thrown out the window and synchronicity runs a muck, but that could just be because psychedelics increase pattern recognition making you notice things you might not have so you might just be finding more meaning in things, but some of the synchronicities are linked in chain reactions and are statistically highly improbable.
Ive talked to a guy that claims its an anti-entropy effect on reality and probability which happens when you dose. Could be.

But i have noticed some strange shit.
back to jesters, for one, its one of Carl Jung's MAIN archetypes, (jester,trickster,clown) of the collective unconscious.

But Carl Jungs collective unconscious is considered pseudo-scientific with no evidence to back it up, Hopefully you see where i might be driving at. Big grin
I've looked up what other people on Nexus think about it and some have over simplified it as Pareidolia and brushed it aside as nonsense.
But what happened in my video is probably the first step to actually testing this hypothesis, because the amount of similarities we displayed is completely unlikely in what we drew. I think art is the only way we really can get to the bottom of this phenomenon.
We didnt synchronize this coincidence ourselves it just happened.
But i strongly think something more profound is taking place here besides "Pareidolia"

please check it out and decide for yourselves.
VIDEO ABOUT JESTERS AND CLOWN ARCHETYPES

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Glossolalia
#2 Posted : 1/1/2016 10:25:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah, the jester, the first entity I ever met.

In my first toke of DMT I (lacking a scale) used a corner of a playing card to put a spot of spice on some marijuana. When I smoked it, I saw a spinning mandala that would break apart and reform itself into a playful but somewhat condescending/mocking jester.

I concluded that this must be because I used the joker from the pack of cards I used to pack the bowl, so it was lingering in my thoughts and came out again in the form of a hallucination.

That's when I saw the DMT art of others much like your own, depicting a very similar jester. I had heard of machine elves, but never of jesters. The fact that so many people perceive this archetype is quite fascinating. Perhaps the fact that I used a joker card as a spoon was merely a coincidence.

Perhaps only half-seriously, I interpreted the jester as a kind of playful guardian of the first gate. If he frightens you, then DMT is not for you, and you should just stop. But if you want to play with the jester, "smoalk moar" as they say, and he'll open the door to the next dimension.

I remember once having broken through, flying through hyperspace at a million miles a minute, and out of the corner of my eye the jester appeared and gave me a thumbs-up symbol, as if to say "you made it!"
I contradict myself? Very well, I contradict myself. I am large. I contain multitudes. — Walt Whitman

pitubo
#3 Posted : 1/1/2016 11:22:24 PM

dysfunctional word machine

My first breakthrough brought me eye to eye with the jester.

Some friends also saw the jester on first breakthroughs.

One friend saw me on a breakthrough..

third-eye-open
#4 Posted : 1/2/2016 12:10:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hyperspace is full of characters and jesters at the crazy carnival are rather common. IME they aren't very malevolent but definitely tricksters full of tom foolery.
"Realty is a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs." -Lily Tomlin

The cosmos is viewed as a spontaneous act of ongoing creation arising out of a womb-like emptiness with unlimited potential.

cave paintings
#5 Posted : 1/2/2016 12:52:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've also encountered jesters, twice atleast as memory serves. The first time was a trip I overshot and ended up being smashed by this jack-in-the-box sort of jester. Another I remember was a trip where I ended up in some sort of cavern/place where they were moving extremely fast and hurting and prodding me.
Another similar archetypal/mythological character met by people commonly is Ganesha.
Living to Give

Felnik
#6 Posted : 1/2/2016 4:36:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The big question for me has always been , why jesters at all when it could be anything ?
It's without a doubt a consistent thing within the dmt universe with so many people. What is the significance of this ?
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

SleepyeArt
#7 Posted : 1/2/2016 11:05:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

interesting replys, i was wondering if the jester archetype shows up in a tribe which has no contact with any cultures which have clowns, and sees them, does that confirm rupert sheldrakes morphic fields, how species can send information through some ineffable force.

SleepyeArt
#8 Posted : 1/3/2016 12:03:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I wrote this on Shroomery.org and its mainly to address the skeptics and critics.

well psychedelics increase Pareidolia because its effects our pattern recognition. Leonardo Da Vinci talked of Pareidolia as a necessary tool for creativity.

Ill give you an example,
In white noise, with low pareidolia abilities, you would only be able to see white noise.

But if you take a psychedelic and look at white noise pareidolia is put into overdrive and the white noise turns into this
Luke Browns art

Acid Flo's Art

Now in the last picture you also have the jester/clown archetype, coincidence? maybe.
but if you map the occurrence of jesters in psychedelic pareidolia you will find that it occurs more than any other archetype, so you can say now that our minds have an affinity for the clown archetype for whatever reason. and the faces and eyes are due to the increase in our facial recognition.

now it gets complex.
say you give DMT to an untouched Indonesian tribe who has never had the culture reference for clowns and jesters and STILL sees them when you ask them if they identify with clown/carnival imagery afterwards.
if they do, what does that mean? could that mean Rupert Sheldrakes Morphic Fields may not be so far fetched after all?

I wonder if there IS an ineffable force that sends information between 1 species.

But literally a day after i posted that video on Youtube the other artist posted this gem.

and i posted this in the video which the others responded to.

and a lady said she was attacked by four jesters in a room like this and shared this image with everyone

But check out my sketch of my painting before color

Pareidolia (/pærɨˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-DOH-lee-ə) is a psychological phenomenon involving a stimulus (an image or a sound) wherein the mind perceives a familiar pattern of something where none actually exists.

The jester pattern seems to EXIST.

third-eye-open
#9 Posted : 1/3/2016 12:18:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure why they are so predominant in hyperspace, but the reoccurrences of symbols, characters and archetypes, is so intriguing.
I prefer the concept of seeing jesters as a result of wanting entertainment, even if its subconscious.
The first one I saw put on quite the show and was pleased to see how impressed I was. The jesters really like the attention IME.
"Realty is a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs." -Lily Tomlin

The cosmos is viewed as a spontaneous act of ongoing creation arising out of a womb-like emptiness with unlimited potential.

SleepyeArt
#10 Posted : 1/3/2016 12:33:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

when i take a massive dose of 4-aco-dmt with maoi or a modest dose of pharmahuasca i often experience seeing an arm coming from under my bed from an entity that looks like this in my Open Eye, i get afraid that its going to grab me and pull me under

A few years ago i even drew him in a sketch while i was still flying on pharmahuasca in my trip report on shroomery

SleepyeArt
#11 Posted : 1/3/2016 12:34:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

third-eye-open wrote:
I'm not sure why they are so predominant in hyperspace, but the reoccurrences of symbols, characters and archetypes, is so intriguing.
I prefer the concept of seeing jesters as a result of wanting entertainment, even if its subconscious.
The first one I saw put on quite the show and was pleased to see how impressed I was. The jesters really like the attention IME.

its soo fascinating, but also so complex im surprised no psychology university knows about this.

SleepyeArt
#12 Posted : 1/3/2016 12:55:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Quote from Rick Strassman The Spirit Molecule

"At least half did so(experience entities) in one form or another. Research shows subjects used expressions like entities, beings, aliens, guides and helpers to describe them.
The life forms looked like Clowns, reptiles, mantises, bees, spiders, cacti stick figures."

Cazman043
#13 Posted : 1/3/2016 10:24:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had a similar experience when i met 9ft tall Praying Mantis light beings when i sub-brokethrough on DMT. Looked them up on the internet and there's all this information about starseeds, inclusive of praying Mantis like entities of a 6th to 9th dimensional plane. It was interesting but I found my thought forms manifesting a reality based on this idea, which i found to be not only limiting, but somewhat illusive and even dangerous, with things such as reptilian beings becoming a part of my conscious focus.

I didn't remember this, but my girlfriend at the time told me that she was quite worried I was never going to come back, as for about 1 month after the experience, I was constantly consumed in the idea of returning home, aka, back to my Mantis brothers and sisters.

I don't deny that this reality was real, because in that moment it was, however, as I continue to become more present to this reality here now, I feel little need to endeavour on these thought forms. If in the moment i meet an entity, then in that moment thats what is there to be experienced, but I attempt to just take the lesson from that experience, rather than get absorbed in the reality of it.

ultraviolence
#14 Posted : 1/19/2016 2:40:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had one experience in which I felt like I was at the bottom of a deep well and I could only see a small circle of the sky, then 4 clowns leaned over the edge and started laughing at me. Not too sure what that was all about

cave paintings
#15 Posted : 1/19/2016 6:00:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thought this seemed relevant to the discussion of the clown archetype. This first article speaks on the clown role/archetype occurring across cultures. Not totally sure as to all the historical accuracy behind some of the claims, because it's not really cited at all. But a cursory google search revealed at least two Native American tribes - the Lakota and Pueblo have ritual clowns of their tribes.

http://fractalenlightenm...ster-and-shaman-converge
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heyoka
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pueblo_Clowns

Living to Give

anon_003
#16 Posted : 1/19/2016 8:24:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Fool/Jester archetype urges us to enjoy the process of our lives. Although the Fool/Jester can be prone to
laziness and dissipation, the positive Fool/Jester invites us all out to play--showing us how to turn our work, our
interactions with others, and even the most mundane tasks into FUN. The goal of the Fool/Jester is perhaps the
wisest goal of all, which is just to enjoy life as it is, with all its paradoxes and dilemmas. What causes most dread in
the Fool/Jester is a lack of stimulation and being 'not alive'. They must seek to 'be', perhaps as the Sage, but may
not understand this.
Goal Enjoyment
Fear Nonaliveness
Dragon/Problem Play tricks on it
Response to Task Trust in the process
Gift/ Virtue Freedom, humor, life lived in the moment, exuberant joy
Pitfalls Debauchery, irresponsibility, sloth, cruel jokes, conartistry
Addictive Quality Inebriation
Addiction Excitement/cocaine/alcohol
Shadow Side: A glutton, sloth, or or lecher wholly defined by the lusts and urges of the body without any sense of
dignity or self-control.

Description source from http://www.uiltexas.org/...Character_Archetypes.pdf

To me, this description of the jester archetype is the primary factor in drawing a human being to seek out these sorts of experiences in the first place. You smoalk DMT because you figure that consensus reality is unsatisfactory; you want to see what might lay beyond it. You have the gift/curse of figuring that if you are alive, you might as well get as much out of the situation as you possibly can. And perhaps have a healthy dose of FUN in the process!

Archetypes are for real.
Once in a while, you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

SleepyeArt
#17 Posted : 1/24/2016 10:35:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting reply's everyone, appreciate the input!

PsyDuckmonkey
#18 Posted : 1/25/2016 8:32:14 PM

witch

The stuff you see in pareidolia definitely does exist, if not anywhere else, it exists in your brain / mind. Google has recently built a pareidolia machine, called Deep Dream...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeepDream

Looking at images processed by the system, you can definitely make some assumptions about the images they used to "teach" the system. Its "head" seems to be full of dogs, reptiles and birds.

Without going into any reductionism vs. idealism debate (let's not, those tend to get real nasty real quick), inducing pareidolia can, without any stretch of reality, lead to very real insights about ouselves... and if certain imagery is common to many of us, it's safe to assume it's somehow important.

The people who slam Jung as a "pseudoscientist" are just trolls btw. They included the trademark idiots who tried to build a "scientific" psychology by asserting that mental phenomena (ie. thoughts, emotions and memories) simply do not exist (because you can't see or measure them).
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

SleepyeArt
#19 Posted : 1/25/2016 11:15:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i agree! the main task is compiling the data to prove that the jester is a reoccurring pattern in psychedelic pareidolia.

its like showing an Rorschach ink blot test to a group of people and an overwhelming large portion see a clown or jester.
either its one massive coincidence or there IS a clown/jester there.

On an esoteric poetic sense it is a genius concept because its attributes and archetypes in the psychedelic experience merge with jester/clown archetypes on a pretty profound level.

Like why do you always have a joker grin on psychedelics, my jaw starts to hurt from the intense grin.

clearly there are archetypes that are reoccurring because they have some sort of symbolic meaning to our psyche.

this is interesting because the experience was thought to be chaotic(an attribute of the clown) and not ordered.

but it seems it is showing order within chaos.

eastlancsguy
#20 Posted : 1/25/2016 11:46:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I haven't ingested much DMT, but fractal jester-type characters have been in almost all of my breakthroughs.

12NEXT