We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Drawings Options

stonedsam
#1 Posted : 6/25/2015 1:56:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

A little over a year ago I started "doing" psychedelics. I had tried some psychedelica before, but it wasn't until one particular trip that I started doing psychedelics as frequently as I do right now.
I wrote a lot more then I expected, so feel free to skip the text and just look at the drawings.

I don't fully want to go into why, though I may later. It may be difficult to believe, but before then, there were a lot of things wrong with me, both physically and mentally. To keep it short, I was incredibly chaotic, lethargic and unaware of what happened around me. Physically, though I was already 20, I had no facial hair, underdeveloped secondary characteristics and more.

I started doing psychedelics right after forementioned trip, because it seemed to solve what was wrong with me. It seemed like I was mentally and physically stuck and constipated. After I did lsd it felt like things started to flow. From then I was full of energy. I could concentrate for the first time in my entire school time, my mind was much clearer and I could process my thoughts and emotions (previously I would often get stuck on some disturbing thought, or get irritated by somebody and feel frustrated until I smoked weed). Not only that, some of my physical problems were gone too! I used to have peeling lips all year around, they would always become irritated and the skin around my lips would turn reddish. Completely gone. The day of the trip I got my first beardhairs. One other thing was a scar that wouldn't heal (it had been there for 3 months) and was now barely visible.

After the trip I was basically high on acid for 2 weeks until I started becoming very tired, yet not being able to sleep. I did acid again and I could sleep once more. And so started a long period of doing acid.

Since then I basically went through puberty. Though I am sure hormones weren't the only problem, but that is another storyRazz . I really didn't think it would take me this long to get to the point, but alas. With the mental development came a development in my creative abilities also, which is why I pretty much wrote this and I really could have skipped the huge essay back there.. Especially under the influence of psychedelic drugs, but now also sober, drawing comes naturally to me (colouring not so much). I have wanted to post my drawings to this site for a while now and I will upload some now. The explanation comes with the drawings.

This was drawn during that trip, this way I also drew afterwards.

Some time later, I started becoming more chaotic like before, but I still had a lot of energy, so I could still create patterns.

The following drawings were made in the same time frame.

(drawn sober)

(drawn on acid) Much later I noticed how the patterns on the right side resembles flames

(drawn on acid) I slowly managed to work the patterns into less chaotic drawings. During this and later acid trips, I could draw certain natural phenomena naturally. I wouldn't have much of an understanding of anatomy sober when this was drawn, but some of the characters here are anatomically correct. on the lower right is a tree branch, it was drawn very fast, my hand shakes a lot and creates certain patterns normally, drawing this branch was very automatic.

(drawn sober)

drawn on acid, I drew this to resemble flames, but I didn't have much time, so it's mostly clear on the left. This was the first time that lines started appearing while drawing, I could let my hand trace the lines without much effort. If I had drawn the fire outside of the face more extensively, it would have actually looked like fire.

Right now, even sober, I can instinctively draw geometric shapes and anatomically correctly, I have much more control when drawing than I used to. In all the drawings that follow and precede, except for self portraits, all faces are made up. I also wanted to talk about how dmt affects my drawing. I rarely draw bodies, I mostly like drawing faces. I did dmt once and drew the body besides the face for once and it came very naturally. As if I subconsciously understood how anatomy works. I am a little disappointed in what I've written so far and have a lot more to share, but It's 3 a.m. where I live and I don't want to write any longer. The following drawings are not completely chonological.

(drawn on acid)

(drawn on acid)

(drawn on dmt)

(drawn sober)

(drawn stoned)

(drawn on dmt)

(drawn on acid) at this time I couldn't draw clothes this well, sober. Nor could I draw stewie like this.

sober

sober

sober

drawn on acid, these quite closely resemble the cevs I had.

faces I see in the environment on acid.

galleries:

https://nl.pinterest.com...orn/psychedelic-doodles/

https://nl.pinterest.com...n/tekeningen-van-mezelf/

https://nl.pinterest.com...n/golden-number-animals/

If you have any questions or comments, please respond. I am very interested in your thoughts.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

fathomlessness
#2 Posted : 6/25/2015 5:46:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I found it interesting to see the differences between the substances, reminded me of this. I also really like your technique of transposing the detail on to background and using it to fill the image rather than the other way around. NICE! Very happy

stonedsam
#3 Posted : 6/25/2015 11:18:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

fathomlessness wrote:
I found it interesting to see the between the substances, reminded me of this. I also really like your technique of transposing the detail on to background and using it to fill the image rather than the other way around. NICE! Very happy

I've seen the video. Terrible trip sitter Wink I'm a little confused by what you mean with "seeing between the substances". Which drawing?

Thank you for your compliments and reply Very happy

Leithen
#4 Posted : 6/25/2015 5:33:57 PM

Be Here Now

I like a lot of these drawings. The faces made out of hundreds of individual lines are really appealing to me. Keep up the great work. Drawing before, during and after a trip can yeild interesting results and also help orginize your thoughts.

One thing regarding your beggining paragraphs. Although your experience with LSD sounds very positive and healing, I would just like to point out that there, to my knowledge, is no evidence at all that the drug can help with phsyical growth and maturation. I am not trying to discount your story, but rather just advise that taking L specifically for that reason may not be the best idea.

That being said I would love to see more drawings!
“How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.”
― Alexander Shulgin, Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story

stonedsam
#5 Posted : 6/25/2015 5:41:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I understand your skepticism completely, I would feel the same way if I hadn't experienced what I did.
This, however, was a while ago and I rarely use acid now as it stopped yielding results about half a year ago.

Thank you for your compliments. I have used drawing to organize my thoughts.Very happy

I have a lot more drawing to upload, so please check the galleries for updates!