We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Feelings of depression and sickness after a night of tripping Options

Gone-and-Back
#1 Posted : 1/12/2014 11:41:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So last night I took my first tab of some real LSD, I had tested it and it tested positive. However, now that its the next day, I feel like absolute crap. I feel almost like I was when I was battling depression a few years ago. I also feel somewhat sick and have a headache.

My question is, could this be from lack of serotonin? It was a great experience but if this is how it makes you feel the day after, I dont know if its completely worth it. Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, would taking some 5htp before going to sleep help replenish my serotonin levels, helping the feelings of depression and sickness?
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Global
#2 Posted : 1/13/2014 1:12:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

As far as I know, LSD doesn't deplete serotonin levels like MDMA does. I usually feel fine the next day, so perhaps even though it tested positive for LSD, maybe it wasn't quite pure or maybe it was degraded and you had some kind of negative reaction. How was the trip itself? Positive or negative? I would eat some fruits and sleep on it (again).
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Gone-and-Back
#3 Posted : 1/13/2014 1:40:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The experience was a positive one. The tab was also completely tasteless so I do not think there was anything else on there. Plus it was a very tiny tab and very thin, not something that could absorb a larger amount of something else to be active. Eating some fruit sounds like a good idea, but I do not have any currently. I have been drinking a lot of orange juice though, if that counts.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

cave paintings
#4 Posted : 1/13/2014 6:08:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sometimes I've felt a bit cranky/out of it the next day after LSD, mushrooms and a few other psychs. Often I have powerful afterglows but sometimes I feel somewhat like what you describe. Sometimes I think it's just restless sleep and your brain being a bit tired. Get some sleep, relax and eat well and you will feel fine soon.
Living to Give

Ryusaki
#5 Posted : 1/13/2014 2:40:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After a strong acid trip o feel similar empty and depleted. It kind of feels like a minor depression. Even after some strong shroom trips i had these effects.
It all vanishes after a day or two.

I experimented with Rue+shrooms around 20 times and this effect never occured. Always a strong afterglow. Even after taking this combo for 4 days in a row.
I do think it has something to do with the serotonin system.

I would advise against taking 5htp. Give your mind/body some time to harmonize itself. Eat some fruits and serotonin rich food, relax and sleep a lot. You'll be fine.

Gone-and-Back
#6 Posted : 1/13/2014 7:51:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I dont feel as depressed today, but still feel sick. I woke up this morning to having to throw up a bunch, so I am starting to feel like it was not from the acid but that I was just coming down with something. Just bad timing I guess.