We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
iv dmt Options

MagikVenom
#21 Posted : 3/28/2009 2:25:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dr. John Lilly in his book Center of the Cyclone nearly goes blind and ends up in the hospital after a injecting himself with B12. Aparently very small air bubbles remained in the rig after cleaning they ended up in his brain. Excellent book its a 200 page trip report. I value my liver to much to be injecting anything made in the kitchen. Just my 2 cents

M.V.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

extrememetal43
#22 Posted : 3/29/2009 3:08:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm glad ive taken the time to actually learn wtf im doin with stuff. Its not enuf to know the process you have to understand the principles underlying it. warrensaged two thumbs up 4 u... for sum1 to come here and ask y their freebase that theyre trying to inject isnt dissolving and to not know what the problem is...thats fucked up, your lucky your not dead.

mugwump77
#23 Posted : 3/30/2009 5:08:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DMTripper wrote:
I'd personally never inject home made stuff. Even if I made it myself. I'd only inject some laboratory stuff from a trained chemist.

chalk that up to one more agreeing with this.

IV doesn't freak me out. the idea of injecting something homemade does.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxfODAGWjW4

Advertising is tax deductible, so we all pay for the privilege of being manipulated and controlled.
-Noam Chomsky

Do you think that the amoeba ever dreamed that it would evolve into the frog? Of course it didn't. And when that first frog shimmied out of the water and employed its vocal cords in order to attract a mate or to retard a predator, do you think that that frog ever imagined that that incipient croak would evolve into all the languages of the world, into all the literature of the world? Of course it fucking didn't. And just as that froggy could never possibly have conceived of Shakespeare, so we can never possibly imagine our destiny.
-Naked (1993)

DarkShaman
#24 Posted : 3/31/2009 5:45:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ha ha ha!!! Laughing

Jorkest
#25 Posted : 3/31/2009 6:11:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

and you wonder why people die from doing drugs wrong.......
it's a sound

weissewolf
#26 Posted : 4/4/2009 11:46:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

this is from chinacat on shroomery, he claims to have done a thumbprint so i guess he has some credibility:
It was almost a year ago that I swore I would never IV DMT again. Do to my curiousity to penetrate further I ignored the reasons I swore off IVing this powerful psychedelic.

Last night:
Sweat started to bead on my forehead as I looked at the syringe that held 75mg. of DMT. I had been shaking all afternoon thinking about the experiance to come. After my kids were safley in bed I told my wife of my intentions and headed into the den. She gave me the look a mother gives her child when he does something playfully foolish. As I layed on the couch in the den I pondered why I chose 75mg. This was to be the highest dose I IV'd in my 20 year relationship with this drug. I decided to get on with it because the longer I waited the more my anxiety increased. I called my wife in and said it was time.

As soon as the plunger was down I could taste the DMT. It tasted as though it all went directly to my mouth. I then thought that mabye I did too much. As with many other psychedelic sessions I thought ohh well now is as good as any time to die.That was the last thought I had. It hit me with the full force of a comet hitting a planet. The first flash of it was amazing. I could feel the energy penetrate my central nervous system. It sent shock waves through every neuron and cell in my body. I felt something pull me as though I was being sucked up and out of my body. I was being shot through levels of visions ,but was moving so fast I didn't have time enjoy them.

I was totally gone. Then I came to a place were I started to slow down. I felt kind of uncomfortable because I could tell I was not alone. Then this worm appeared in a greasy mechanics jumpsuit and said not to worry they were just checking under the hood and making some adjustments. Then I heard laughter. After that I traveled further on. After this point I can't really describe what went down. All I can say is the universe is so, so fucking vast. We havn't a clue as to the immensity of it.

Having ego death is one thing, but this was so much more. Ego death was just the begining. DMT allows us to travel to other worlds that our wildest imaginations couldn't even fathom. I would blast into a plane and there would be a celabration.
The were so happy to have company. I remember hearing this language that was totally estatic. Every sound caused exstacy. Everything was at such a high rate of speed that I couldn't cling and stay in any place for more than a moment. So much information. I felt as if it didn't matter to them if "I" processed the info. It was being recorded on a molecular level.

I started to come down about 400 years later. As I decended I was able to enjoy the visual planes I was unable to see on the way up. On the way up I felt like a bullet flying through a cartoon matrix of beautiful scenery. On the way down I was going much slower. I clould feel my wifes hand on my forehead. As I finally came down I was a feather floating gently to the ground.

When I opened my eyes I could see my wife and tears in her eyes. She said that about 2 minutes in my pulse was to high to count. She could see my viens bulging. I have high BP as it is and I imagine it really shot up because I had a headache later on. She just stared at me and I couldn't say a thing. It took awhile before I could talk again. She asked me about it and I said nothing. I just couldn't find the words. She seamed very concerned that I could have had a stroke. She gave me a kiss and said "I hope you found what you were looking for". This comment of hers set off a long time of processing exactly what I was looking for and what I found. I concluded I was looking for astonishment and I had gotten it tenfold.

So for now I will swear off IVing DMT and just smoking it during mushroom trips. If I ever do IV it again it won't be 75mg. When I smoke it on mushrooms I seem to get more info from the experiance. IVing it is so intense that the only thing you learn is you don't have a clue. Its like throwing yourself on a psychedelic grenade. Too much info too fast.

As the night wore on I started to feal very shakey and weak. My head was pounding and I felt that as I had pushed myself to far. It was a psychedelic electrocution. I was left astounded and unable to comprehend what had happened. Today I feel better, but unconnected to everyday reality. I go through to motions of my day ,but part of me is still gasping at what happened. Last night I was watching CNN since I couldn't sleep and they were talking about the space program. I had to grin at the thought of my experiance and how many billions of dollars they spend. Walking on Mars wouldn't be anything compared to DMT.

So after nearlly 20 years using this substance in different methods and amounts I would say I reached my limit. I will continue to use DMT a few times a year, but not at this intensity. Last year I shot 50mg. and was blown away. After 75mg. I dare not venture further.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Jorkest
#27 Posted : 4/4/2009 3:39:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

that sounds like a fairly true experience..sent shivers down my spine...
it's a sound

Bill Cipher
#28 Posted : 4/9/2009 6:47:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

weissewolf wrote:
this is from chinacat on shroomery, he claims to have done a thumbprint so i guess he has some credibility:
It was almost a year ago that I swore I would never IV DMT again. Do to my curiousity to penetrate further I ignored the reasons I swore off IVing this powerful psychedelic.

Last night:
Sweat started to bead on my forehead as I looked at the syringe that held 75mg. of DMT...

That is completely and utterly insane! This guy would have to be 415 lbs not to have exceeded Strassman's maximum study dose of .4 mgs per kilo. I'm not doubting his story - it all sounds totally bona fide - but Good God, what a crazyman. I mean, at what point does your heart (or brain, for that matter) simply explode?

Cannot even imagine...

soulfood
#29 Posted : 4/9/2009 9:42:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I suppose my main issue against IVing DMT is it's too easy to overdo it. The glory of smoking it is as soon as your physical body has reached its limit it won't be possible to inhale anymore.

MalargueZiggy
#30 Posted : 4/9/2009 11:10:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
I suppose my main issue against IVing DMT is it's too easy to overdo it. The glory of smoking it is as soon as your physical body has reached its limit it won't be possible to inhale anymore.

I completely agree.

For me IVing breaks down into 2 simple categories:

1) The stigma
2) The health

My thoughts:

1) Everyone I know sees the needle as a massive taboo, associating it with drug use that's out of control, or 'dirty' drugs like heroin etc. But it is in some ways the purest (and potentially cleanest way to get certain substances into your body). Ketamine is a good example of this. Why would you damage your nose if you can inject it in the way that it is meant.

2) It is quite possible in theory to inject drugs safely and cleanly. I read an interesting quote from a professional saying that even the idea of air bubbles is overstated, and that if air bubbles were such a massive danger then most junkies would be dead very quickly. But if you inject yourself with homemade drugs or even street drugs that you have purified yourself then you can have the cleanest needle in the world and the safest technique in the world and you are still needlessly risking your health.

I have no theoretical objection to injecting, but it would have to be with medical grade drugs, which I doubt I will ever get my hands on and it certainly wouldn't be with DMT.

So why not state once more something that has been said a million times: Why would you bother in the case of DMT out of all drugs you could inject! Is smoking it not enough for you!?

Personally I think that if you are in a situation where smoking DMT doesn't do it, then you need to seriously re-evaluate your drug use. I would suggest that, rather than going further you consider completely knocking it on the head for a while and doing some soul searching about your motives and realise that the concept of 'a greater high' is ultimately a foolish quest.
"Language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to, while all the time we long to move the stars to pity." - Flaubert

I do not engage in or condone illegal activities. Most of what I write is on behalf of people I've bumped into, usually several years ago and in countries where the things I mention are legal.

a1pha
#31 Posted : 4/10/2009 5:44:32 AM
โจ€

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Oh jeez. I'll start iv'n myself once I get that MD from UCLA.

Come on guys. Lets keep this forum going and not talk like this.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

acolon_5
#32 Posted : 4/10/2009 3:32:36 PM

The Great Namah

^ I think most people on this forum realize this is not a safe way to use DMT. The Nexus believes in safety and education and some people may want to explore this option, we as Nexus members should do all we can to help keep people safe. Not talking about it is a way to keep people uneducated.

Personally, I think that the stigma alone would prevent me from doing it. As an ex-IV heroin addict I can say that needles don't bother me, but the thought of injecting DMT like I did with street heroin makes me sudder. DMT is sacred to me and I won't dirty the spirit molecule by turning it into a street drug.

Safety really isn't even the issue. Street heroin is filled with all sorts of horrible things, from hair, dust, baby powder, to things as nasty as meat tenderizer. I didn't die and I don't think injecting highly pure recrystalized glass shards are any more of a risk than street dope...however as I said above, it just doesn't sit right with me.

The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

MalargueZiggy
#33 Posted : 4/10/2009 6:24:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

a1pha wrote:
Oh jeez. I'll start iv'n myself once I get that MD from UCLA.

Come on guys. Lets keep this forum going and not talk like this.

It's important to have this discussion on the table. At the end of the day people will make their own choices with their body, including whether they iv/im any drugs, do natural drugs only, smoke cigarettes, don't eat meat etc etc (and I doubt many will bother iving dmt), but it's still necessary to include it. I don't judge someone for the methods they use to ingest drugs or the drugs they do, only give them advice and my perspective if they want it.
"Language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to, while all the time we long to move the stars to pity." - Flaubert

I do not engage in or condone illegal activities. Most of what I write is on behalf of people I've bumped into, usually several years ago and in countries where the things I mention are legal.

WSaged
#34 Posted : 4/10/2009 8:06:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been interested in IVing DMT (have not tried it...yet...), mainly because you would be able to totally control the dosage level & figure out what dose will guarantee a "breakthrough" every time, if done correctly.
There are a lot of variables in the vaporizing technique, there is really no way of knowing for sure if you've received the whole intended dose. Some can get burned, Some can get lost into the air, Some can get trapped in the smoking device, Some can get exhaled too soon, & so on & so on...

I have had waaaaaay more misfires that I have had breakthroughs vaporizing DMT, IVing it would make sure that the whole dose you want, is taken in by your body, entirely!!

At the same time, much like Acolon_5 (seems we have quite a lot in common, huh man?), I had an addiction to injecting dirty-ass Heroin for many, many years, & I lived as well.
But the idea of using DMT in the same manner as the most horrible thing I've let into my life, makes me feel uneasy & not right about it.

Now I don't know if I'll ever go through with IVing any spice, but either way, I agree that not letting people discuss it on the Nexus is just thought policing & only leads to ignorance!!
That is how people will get hurt trying to IV DMT!!
In fact, the only reason I tried Heroin, was because after smoking pot for the first time, I realized the shit I was told about it by the gov. & in school was all bullshit!!
So I went on a tare, trying every drug I could get my hands on for a number of years.
Unfortunately, what I had been told about Heroin was true, but it was not enough!!
I didn't understand that it was PHYSICALLY addictive, as apposed to the possibility of mental addiction with pot, for example.
I didn't understand that my body was going to stop making it's natural pain killers because I was flooding it with artificial ones.
I didn't understand that using needles a few times a day, for a number of years, irreparably damages your veins. They collapse & grow thick scars in the places where you repeatedly stick them with needles & blood flow is permanently slowed down!!
I didn't understand that if I stopped using Heroin, I was going to get physically sick, and feel deep, horrible pain until my body re-learned how to make it's own natural pain killers again!!

Not educating people about drugs is how people get addicted & hurt & killed!!
Especially when the topic is injecting things!!!

Gotta be careful & smart out there!!

WS

All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

a1pha
#35 Posted : 4/10/2009 10:35:29 PM
โจ€

MalargueZiggy wrote:
It's important to have this discussion on the table. At the end of the day people will make their own choices with their body, including whether they iv/im any drugs, do natural drugs only, smoke cigarettes, don't eat meat etc etc (and I doubt many will bother iving dmt), but it's still necessary to include it. I don't judge someone for the methods they use to ingest drugs or the drugs they do, only give them advice and my perspective if they want it.

I am not a fan of judging someone for anything. Period.

I am, however, a fan keeping this discussion alive and neither cigarettes, nor meat, nor natural drugs, nor ... are Schedule I. I already feel like we're dodging bullets here and opening the discussion to intravenous methods of administering this drug invites more trouble than I think anyone here wants. Maybe you could start a new forum "DMT: the ultimate high" in addition to "DMT: the spirit molecule"

I am a strong proponent of disseminating knowledge in hopes of increasing safety, but this seems to cross the line.

"Judge, I swear! Shooting myself up with drugs is SPIRITUAL!"

That argument sorta goes out the window when you risk the dangers of a homemade iv.

EDIT: I should note that I'm new to this forum and I don't intend to sound presumptuous or rude. I am simply very thankful for this outlet and the information in it and don't want to see it (or this drug) attract unnecessary attention.

WSaged
#36 Posted : 4/10/2009 11:43:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I am a strong proponent of disseminating knowledge in hopes of increasing safety, but this seems to cross the line.
"Judge, I swear! Shooting myself up with drugs is SPIRITUAL!"
That argument sorta goes out the window when you risk the dangers of a homemade iv.
EDIT: I should note that I'm new to this forum and I don't intend to sound presumptuous or rude. I am simply very thankful for this outlet and the information in it and don't want to see it (or this drug) attract unnecessary attention.

Yeah, your right, "Judge, I swear! smoking drugs is SPIRITUAL!" would make a whole lot of difference to the court...Rolling eyes

Believe it or not, to a judge, taking any kind of drug for any reason, much less spiritual means is not any kind of defense...
That is crazy talk to the general public.
And yes, I know about the Peyote churches etc..., unfortunately, that does not mean much to a judge in a personal drug possession case...
To "the law", drugs are drugs.
It does not matter shit how you put them into your body.

We should all really understand, with not a single doubt in your mind, that to cops & judges, the purest DMT, made in your kitchen with the most spiritual of intentions, is absolutely no different then some shitty, dirty heroin or crack bought off the street, from a homeless junkie!!
Drugs are drugs to the straight masses!!

Do not fool yourself, Johnny Law thinks you are a delusional idiot when you talk of hyperspace & elves & such!!
He thinks he is doing a good thing by putting gental, psychedelic users away, just the same way he does when he takes another junkie off the streets, just the same way he does when he busts somebody with a joint!!
It is no different to them, pot, coke, LSD, heroin, DMT, Meth, or mushrooms. NO DIFFERENT!!

And it's the drugs that are illegal, not how you put them in your body...

One other thing, If there are F E D's of any kind watching this site, its because the main topic is the illegal drug DMT !! Not because someone here is discussing taking it by using a needle.
That is ridiculous!!

WS

All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

a1pha
#37 Posted : 4/11/2009 12:11:35 AM
โจ€

^ True. And sad.

I suppose any further comments on legality are off topic, but it would be nice to see someone here legally trained provide some counter arguments for this "drug" just in case. It seems there are some to be made.

jackstraw11
#38 Posted : 4/13/2009 1:59:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

huh. well i'm glad i started this topic. i iv'd drugs for years so needles don't bother me in the slightest. i just figured doing the same with dmt would be a foolproof way of getting the exactly right amount in without waste. i have a bitch of a time breaking through by smoking it so why not shoot it? smoking it, sniffing it, shooting it, what the fuck is the difference? the end result is you're still putting the drug into your bloodstream. period. i really don't buy the argument that dmt isn't meant to be shot or that it is overkill to have to slam it and you should be getting enough out of it by smoking it and blah, blah, blah. also, the argument about putting nasty weird shit into your blood doesn't hold water with me, either. i've shot every drug you can possibly shoot from the dirtiest tar to the most unbelievably cut speed and coke and i'm fine. i've shot up whiskey, urine, spit, and water from rain puddles in the street and i'm perfectly fine. now i'm not saying i'm just gonna go slam a shitload of dmt without knowing a little about what i'm doing but people tend to harbor general misconceptions about what the body can or can not handle. and yeah, the bubble thing in the needle is a bit of a stretch. you'd have to shoot an enormous goddamn pocket of air for there to be a serious and detrimental effect.

okay, well anyway, this might be a dumb question but has anyone ever sniffed the freebase? do you have to convert it to a salt in order to insufflate it?

thank you!!!

Bill Cipher
#39 Posted : 4/13/2009 3:39:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You shot urine? That's dedication, brother. Guess I'll have to put that one on my bucket list... or maybe not.

In all seriousness, I tend to see the issue your way - I'm just not sure whether or not I have the nutsack to make it happen.

Jorkest
#40 Posted : 4/13/2009 4:01:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

you CAN snort freebase but you need to snort at least 150mg and it is EXTREMELY PAINFUL!!!! its not even worth it...even snorting dmt fumarate is very painful..and you have to snort at least 150mg..its a waste...SWIM snorted 130mg of dmt fumarate..and barely got any visuals..what he did get was extreme pain..nausea..coming out both ends..but what it did teach him is that no matter what...taking ayahuasca wont be that painful...
it's a sound

PREV123NEXT