We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Gaiana.nl another vendor selling Alicia as B.caapi Options

jamie
#1 Posted : 2/17/2013 1:04:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Well, after making this thread..
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=41093

..I have been finding more vendors who are also selling Alicia labled as Banisteriopsis caapi. Concidering Medicine Man admitted to knowing that what they were selling was actaully alicia, and that the supplier apparently suggested they mislable it I can only really assume that other vendors doing the same think know very well that they are doing also. It's likely all the resellers are getting this vine from the same place.

I am not going to message each one of these vendors. I dont have the time for that and personally I think this is being done with full knowledge of what these plants actaully are. Every time I find one of these vendors I will let people know becasue this is just an eyesore for the online entheobotanical culture and it's really shady that vendors would decieve customers this way..especailly when it comes to a psychoactive plant they will be consuming.

Gaiana.nl is selling "black Banisteriopsis Caapi" vine that is obviously Alicia Anisopetala..beyond that the "red caapi" looks identical to the Muricata I have..I only mention this because the same origional supplier who brought us alicia also supplies muricata, so it is likely that these vendors could be selling that vine as caapi also.
Long live the unwoke.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

proto-pax
#2 Posted : 2/17/2013 1:11:03 AM

bird-brain

Just more reason to grow the plants.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

SKA
#3 Posted : 2/17/2013 2:28:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for exposing this. How wreckless of them.
What a mindless trend this is. Possibly dangerous too.

I have often wondered if online smartshops aren't just selling
random leaves & barks as P.Viridis, MHRB..etc.

Especially when you get a dried, shredded/ground up product: Botanically
there's no way of telling this plant matter appart from other bushes or trees.

Making a fullrange extract, chemically analysing it's constituents & then checking
if it matches the alkaloid/fat/oil profile with the plant it supposedly is according
to the vendor. That may be the the only way to determine if the dried leaves, barks &
powders vendors sell are what they say they are. Or not.

Indeed all the more reason to grow sacred plants & trees ourselves. Too bad it will
cost so much energy to do so in the colder, more northern climates. Sad
We Northern folks really need to get around that problem.

obliguhl
#4 Posted : 2/17/2013 2:41:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

They should be boycotted for this behaviour until they officially apologize and explain, how they're going to make up for it. Betraying the psychedelic community is no joke, as it undermines everything that is valuable.

What a joke these vendors are.

3rdI
#5 Posted : 2/17/2013 3:28:06 PM

veni, vidi, spici

I also think this is pretty widespread, I'm pretty sure that a UK and a Dutch vendor are also selling Alicia as black banisteriopsis caapi
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Vodsel
#6 Posted : 2/17/2013 8:41:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

^ Agreed with this, I have "Black Caapi Shredded" from a UK vendor that feels and looks very close to what jamie ID'ed as Alicia in his first research thread.

3rdI
#7 Posted : 2/17/2013 9:07:54 PM

veni, vidi, spici

Hey vodsel, I'm not sure how much you have but if you extract some I will guess that you will get black/brown crystals and not tan harmala powder.

I suspected the black caapis I have were Alicia but had no way to tell as they were marked as caapi. I am extracting from kiwi's alicia now and its looking like the same black/brown crystals so it kinda confirms it for me.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

jamie
#8 Posted : 2/17/2013 9:13:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

if you brew it and its a weird yellow color when unreduced that youve never seen with caapi before than it is alicia. When reduced it gets darker..like a blackish brown.
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#9 Posted : 2/17/2013 9:14:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Vodsel wrote:
^ Agreed with this, I have "Black Caapi Shredded" from a UK vendor that feels and looks very close to what jamie ID'ed as Alicia in his first research thread.

Maybe contact that vendor and ask them about it. If it looks like the photos of alicia than it most likely is alicia. Sucks that people have put out money for these vines thinking it is caapi. Id personally want a refund or something.
Long live the unwoke.

3rdI
#10 Posted : 2/17/2013 9:19:23 PM

veni, vidi, spici

Hi jamie,

The colour of the brew was what first made me think I had Alicia, I got a clear golden brew instead of the normal caapi colour.

INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

jamie
#11 Posted : 2/19/2013 7:28:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah that is alicia..and there is a comment section on the site where people have asked why this vine is labled as B.caapi and they admit that it is alicia but they have to lable it B.caapi so that it shows up in google searches..then they justify this with saying they put the latin name for the vine in small print where many people would probly just miss it..but B.caapi IS a latin name! Just another marketing scham.

You can bet the red B.caapi there is muricata.
Long live the unwoke.

SnozzleBerry
#12 Posted : 2/19/2013 11:57:52 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

That's kind of a tricky question...depends what you mean.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Vodsel
#13 Posted : 2/21/2013 3:01:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

jamie wrote:
Vodsel wrote:

Maybe contact that vendor and ask them about it.

I messaged them three days ago, no answer. I might try another form of contact or give them a few more days, I have a small amount left and I'd rather not extract it just for test purposes... When I brewed some, besides the yellow tint in the tea, effects were certainly not stronger than the ones felt with cielo caapi.

jamie
#14 Posted : 2/21/2013 6:46:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Edit..nm

Gaiana has now relisted both the "red B.caapi" and "black B.caapi" as Banisteriopsis Muricata and Alicia Anisopetala..so this good. At least this vendor has now done the right thing. This is all I care about..If everything is labled correctly now than I dont have anything else to post in this thread.

Sucks that they are not answering your messages though Vodsel..
Long live the unwoke.

Vodsel
#15 Posted : 2/28/2013 10:39:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I got no reply from mh hyphen uk dot net.

An extraction definitely does not look like B. Caapi. I'm 95% sure it's Alicia... sucks that they sell it not just labeled as "Black Caapi Shredded", which if we accepted the generic "Caapi" tag for vines could be passable, but also they describe it as "the strongest strain of all Banisteriopsis Caapi varieties" which is obviously not true for anyone who assays or extracts.

At least they could have answered my query.

jamie
#16 Posted : 3/1/2013 1:01:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^you should make a thread about them if you want. These vendors should be held accountable.
Long live the unwoke.

Vodsel
#17 Posted : 3/1/2013 3:10:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Seems that won't be necessary. I tried to message them again and they replied. They looked it up and the wholesaler labeled the product as "Black Ayahuasca", so that seems to be where the misunderstanding is.

They said it would be corrected soon.

obliguhl
#18 Posted : 3/1/2013 3:29:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm happy that both vendors decided to do the right thing Thumbs up

Vodsel
#19 Posted : 3/7/2013 11:30:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Little update - the vendor I talked about has edited the black ayahuasca page.

3rdI
#20 Posted : 3/7/2013 3:46:40 PM

veni, vidi, spici

^^^ this vendor just agreed to swap my Alicia for some yellow/white Caapi so hats off to them.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

12NEXT