We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV34567NEXT»
Non toxic food safe extraction of mescaline using d-limonene (orange oil) Options

mapp
#81 Posted : 3/26/2009 11:05:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

psychosisdoses wrote:

Step3- pour off limonene through a coffee filter then add to your funnel with 25ml vinegar swirl for 5 mins then set aside to let settle then swirl again for another 5 mins after that settles separate the vinegar into your evap pan and repeat twice more with fresh vinegar thats it for the first limonene soak you can pour that in the toilet or some other drain make it smell fruity fresh

For those who don't have a separation funnel, will the vinegar simply pour separated following the d-limonene?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

psychosisdoses
#82 Posted : 3/26/2009 11:46:34 PM

Derek

mapp wrote:

For those who don't have a separation funnel, will the vinegar simply pour separated following the d-limonene?

vinegar will be at the bottom you could maybe use a ziplock bag as an improvisation pour off most of the limonene then pour your layers in a ziplock and hold by one corner then snip a small hole in the bottom corner and drain off vinegar layer... probably wont matter if a lil bit of the limonene comes through it should evap with the vinegar.... or you could use a syringe or a turkey baster something of that sort to suck it up....

but i would just buy a sepratory funnel if i were you as thats the simplest and if your serious about extractions an essential tool

note: i attached a picture to demonstrate the use of a ziplock bag for seperating layers.. those layers may or may not be naphtha and mimosa
psychosisdoses attached the following image(s):
polar-nonpolor.jpg (37kb) downloaded 1,332 time(s).
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

69ron
#83 Posted : 3/27/2009 2:10:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

amor_fati wrote:
Any SWIY's on here planning to try using THP with this tek? SWIM's certain it would work quite well, considering Jorkest's report with bufo and SWIM's apparent success using it for alcohol extraction. No filtering/decanting or stirring required.

Psychosisdoses, wouldn't be better to completely dry the material before extracting? How SWIM likes to dry material is to use a deep stainless steel pan like this:

He adds a little anhydrous magnesium sulfate, and stirs and spreads it around in the pan. This seems to dry it to a powder consistency quite quickly. It seems like using completely dry material would maximize service area, and thus, the solvents ability to contact and dissolve the product. It would also maximize the product's preference to dissolve in the limonene, rather than remain in aqueous.

As it is without drying, there’re no free drops of water in this tech. It’s all absorbed by the cactus and calcium hydroxide. If you put it upside down, no water drips out. So there isn’t really enough free water for the mescaline to hold on to.

I would like to know just how much more efficient it would be if the mix is dried first. Drying should make it a little more efficient, but drying shouldn’t be done until all the mescaline is freebased. One should give it a few hours at least before drying it. No heat should be used. A lot of people say that heating cactus at that stage seems to reduce yields.

amor_fati wrote:
69ron, that's a beautiful dehydrator. Can the heat be turned off? Or can a fuse for the heater be removed?

The heat in the Excalibur 3500 is adjustable from 95 F up to 155 F. There’s probably a fuse, but I haven’t taken a look at it. It’s very well made and doesn’t make much noise. 95 F is like a hot summer day and should be fine for most purposes. Mescaline in all forms should probably be stable at 95 F. San Pedro is after all a cactus that thrives in that kind of heat. Wild peyote from the desert is quite potent.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

amor_fati
#84 Posted : 3/27/2009 4:40:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

69ron wrote:
I would like to know just how much more efficient it would be if the mix is dried first. Drying should make it a little more efficient, but drying shouldn’t be done until all the mescaline is freebased. One should give it a few hours at least before drying it.

SWIM's just not sure that wet material would work so well without stirring. It seems like in the THP, it would only cut through the wet material, working it's way around most of it, and miss a good deal of product; whereas with dry material, it would soak through the material fairly evenly. SWIM's concern isn't so much the water getting through, as getting the total yield.

69ron wrote:
The heat in the Excalibur 3500 is adjustable from 95 F up to 155 F. There’s probably a fuse, but I haven’t taken a look at it. It’s very well made and doesn’t make much noise. 95 F is like a hot summer day and should be fine for most purposes. Mescaline in all forms should probably be stable at 95 F. San Pedro is after all a cactus that thrives in that kind of heat. Wild peyote from the desert is quite potent.

Yeah, that is a slight concern of SWIM's, but more-so for other, more heat-sensitive applications like drying psilocybe.

69ron
#85 Posted : 3/27/2009 6:42:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

amor_fati, so far SWIM's yields using this tech are much higher than any other tech he ever used. I doubt you can get much more by drying the mix before extracting with d-limonene, if you followed all the other steps exactly. There’s just not enough water to make much of a difference and the mixing makes up for it. However, by drying it before extracting with d-limonene, mixing wouldn’t be as necessary when extracting with the d-limonene, so you could probably get away with just a simple shake or two being enough to extract from the dried powder. It would definitely be easier and at least a little higher yielding.

My only concern is that if any heat is used to dry the cactus/calcium hydroxide mix, you’re likely going to lose potency at that point because the cactus alkaloids are in freebase form and not as stable. Keep in mind that loss to n-oxide formations occur more with dry freebase compounds then wet ones (the water protects them), and especially when they are exposed to lots of dry air movement and a little bit of heat. I don’t know anything about mescaline n-oxide, or if such a thing even exists, but if it does, I’m sure its much less potent and would cause more side effects. The last thing you’d want is mescaline n-oxide forming. By not drying the freebase alkaloids, you help prevent n-oxide formation.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

dimitrius_rexus
#86 Posted : 3/27/2009 7:31:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

anyone have info on how polycarbonate fares against d-limonene?
All of my posts are fiction.

Jorkest
#87 Posted : 3/27/2009 8:42:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIM says he just tested out his first evapped vinegar solution..he tested 125mg of the stuff..and boy...love affair has begun...he says its soooo pleasant...the best feeling phenethylamine he has ever tried..thanks go to 69ron for coming up with such a simple and non-toxic tek...SWIM is not a fan of xylene
it's a sound

amor_fati
#88 Posted : 3/27/2009 9:04:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Well, I wasn't suggesting the use of heat, and shaking can't really be done with THP. Maybe THP wouldn't be best with this, or maybe wet material in the THP will work well enough. The concern about the N-oxide formations is probably valid. Only testing will tell.

mapp
#89 Posted : 3/28/2009 3:28:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is not good at swallowing large or multiple gel caps/pills...Are there other ways to take the mescaline acetate effectively?

Will an effective dose be able to fit in just one "0" size cap?

Jorkest
#90 Posted : 3/28/2009 3:36:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIM took 125mg in one capsule today..and hes also fairly sensitive to phens..so..it effected him a lot..he started feeling effects 15 minutes after he took it..and then the energy increased over the next FIVE hours..he says hes finally at the peak and its just absolutely wonderful..this TEK gets a nice mix of alkaloids in it..he was able to tell when one would shift to another..it was very neat..this tek is wonderful..

also SWIM agrees that the THP might not be the best for this tek...but it works great for filtering it..but it does work some..SWIM used it for a few pulls..but is going to do a few extra with just letting the d-limo sit in it for awhile
it's a sound

69ron
#91 Posted : 3/28/2009 4:47:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mapp wrote:
SWIM is not good at swallowing large or multiple gel caps/pills...Are there other ways to take the mescaline acetate effectively?

Will an effective dose be able to fit in just one "0" size cap?

ABSOLUTELY and then some!

SWIM just adds it to his coffee with some cream and sugar. Why use a pill? It tastes good with coffee. The strong coffee flavor over powers the taste of the alkaloids.

An “effective dose” highly depends on your own individual metabolism and what type of effects you seek.

For SWIM, his favorite dose is 50-75 mg. It’s very slightly psychedelic, but mostly just an amazingly pleasurable experience. At that dose, SWIM can easily drive, perform very complex tasks, etc., it’s almost like a cup of coffee, but many times nicer and extremely euphoric.

For SWIM, at 150-200 mg it really starts becoming a true “psychedelic” with very noticeable visual effects.

SWIM tested and found that 1 size “0” gel cap can hold 400 mg of the dried vinegar alkaloid extract if tapped down tightly. Considering it’s about 90% mescaline that’s about 360 mg of mescaline acetate with the other alkaloids making up the rest (they are also active). That’s one hell of a dose. That’s a bit much for some people to handle. For SWIM that’s getting close to a spiritual event beyond words.

I would not recommend that anyone take more than 200 mg for their first mescaline trip. 200 mg is enough to really get the feel of what type of psychedelic it is without it kicking your ass. If you like it, go higher next time if you think you can handle it. Don’t jump in full throttle at 300 mg and up. Erowid lists 300 - 500 mg as a strong dose and they are not kidding about that. That dosage range can be an earth shattering experience from some people.

Mescaline is one of the friendliest of the classic psychedelics, but a strong dose is still a heavy experience, and can be heavier in different ways than LSD, and it's never intellectually harsh like LSD can be. The mescaline experience is in many ways a whole different world from that of LSD. They are both hallucinogenic and both stimulants, but that's about all they share. The feeling tone, the type of visuals seen, the effects on the mind, etc., are all very different. Mescaline is in fact a phenethylamine while LSD is from a completely different class of chemicals called tryptamines (or more precisely it's a lysergic acid derivative). MDMA, another phenethylamine, shares more in common with mescaline than LSD. So much so that low doses of mescaline feel similar to MDMA. However mescaline is capable of much more than MDMA is. A large dose of mescaline can give a person an eye opening spiritual experience that is beyond words. Mescaline affects adrenergic and dopaminergic pathways while LSD primarily affects serotonergic and dopaminergic pathways. DMT primarily affects just serotonergic pathways. And, just for comparison, caffeine primarily affects dopaminergic pathways.

Jorkest
#92 Posted : 3/28/2009 4:50:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

at 125mg from this TEK...SWIM could feel this slight feeling of the lessening of gravity...he says at a larger dose...it would almost feel like he was flying or floating away and thinks that this would be extremely psychedelic at these doses.....should be very interesting to test that out...but overall here is a report on his effects of his FIRST extracted mescaline experience...

he said he felt effects begin around the 15 minute mark(SWIM has always been extremely sensitive to phens) these effects continued to build for the next FIVE HOURS!!!! hes never taken a psychedelic that took that long..with such a wonderful come up...he went out to a party and was extremely sociable..he smoked some weed..and that was also pleasant..but then he could eat sooo much damn food..it was rather sickening to watch..but he said he never felt bad from eating so much..it was wonderful..when he got home later..around 12..he thought he was going to have to work today but the weather was no good..so the boss called it off...but he went to bed at 12..and fell asleep in about 30 minutes(still feeling the mescaline!!) and then slept for 12 hours! he didnt want to get out of bed..it was just soooo nice...he had wonderful dreams of skiing down hallways and jumping 60 feet in the air..dreams lasted until he got out of bed...he says he still feels slight effects from the mescaline..

like he said though...hes very sensitive to phens..if he takes MDMA..he starts rolling about 5 minutes after he takes it..and he experimented a lot with 2ce, 2ct2 and 2ci..and he feels that that experimentation really increased his sensitivity somehow...this was one of the most pleasurable experiences hes had...and hes so excited about how easy it was to produce..a real pleasurable experience all around...so far hes extracted about 750mg but these were from THP extractions..and he feels that they just dont do the job with this TEK..hes got some d-limo sitting in the cacti..and its already MUCH MUCH darker yellow and green than either of the two extractions with the THP...so hes not quite at the 1% mark..but his cacti may have been different..and hes sure there is a bunch left in the mixture to extract..so hes thinking he may get around 2 grams..maybe just a bit more..but high fuckin five!!
it's a sound

TheNtt
#93 Posted : 3/28/2009 5:48:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has a couple more questions;

Does it work best to evape one vinegar pull at a time, or waiting until you have all your vinegar pulls? I realize it doesn't really matter- SWIM is more curious about work flow.

If SWIM starts evapping his first vinegar pull, could he simply add his second pull to that, or does he need to wait until the first batch is completely done?

Also, how long does it take to evap one pull of vinegar?

memo
#94 Posted : 3/28/2009 6:08:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When SWIM did a version of this TEK using hcl instead of vinegar he evaped his in the oven in a large pyrex pan at 190 degrees. It took only about 15 minutes to evap a 30ml pull so SWIM did them all separately. It worked very well.
Avatar art created by unknown Cambodian or Laotian. Everything else is fiction.

TheNtt
#95 Posted : 3/28/2009 6:38:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

memo wrote:
When SWIM did a version of this TEK using hcl instead of vinegar he evaped his in the oven in a large pyrex pan at 190 degrees. It took only about 15 minutes to evap a 30ml pull so SWIM did them all separately. It worked very well.

Has SWIY tried the results?

Hopefully no alkaloid content is destroyed at that temperature?

69ron
#96 Posted : 3/28/2009 7:06:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The melting point of mescaline hydrochloride is 363.2 F (184 C), so it should withstand up to 212 F (100 C) without any problems.

The same is probably true for mescaline acetate. I don't know it's melting point, but I imagine it's something similar to that of mescaline hydrochloride.

memo
#97 Posted : 3/28/2009 7:08:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That was at Fahrenheit. There was no burning or apparent alkaloid loss. SWIM's oven is known to run about 15 degrees cooler than the temp setting but since mescaline hcl has a melting point of 184 degrees C he didn't think there should be any problems. Mescaline Acetate could possibly be a different story.

69ron
#98 Posted : 3/28/2009 7:09:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Most mescaline salts are very heat stable. Here are some other mescaline salt melting points.

Mescaline picrate melts at 431.6 F (222 C).

Mescaline sulfate melts at 361.4 F (183 C).

The melting point of the unknown natural salt form in the cactus is unknown and many people seem to believe it cannot withstand boiling water for too long. Many people report potency loss when the cactus his heated.

It’s possible that mescaline acetate is not heat stable like the others. It’s just a matter of testing it.

Mescaline hydrochloride is heat stable enough that I’ve heard it is actually smokeable.

Jorkest
#99 Posted : 3/28/2009 11:38:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has been noticing that after the vinegar pull that the d-limonene starts to look cloudy..what does this mean..and has SWIY noticed this as well...SWIM doesnt want to get rid of this cloudy d-limonene because he doesnt want to throw any mescaline away
it's a sound

memo
#100 Posted : 3/28/2009 11:55:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM didn't notice that using hcl. The d-limonene started out with a green tint but ended up being a kind of golden yellow color but still clear by the time that it's mescaline content was exhausted.

«PREV34567NEXT»