We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
can i make dmt with 100g Mimosa Hostilis Powdered Options

frosty
#1 Posted : 10/24/2011 10:58:18 AM
james

hey there I'm very new with this but can someone give me some guides for using 100g Mimosa Hostilis Powdered.
I lookd at some guides but no luck u need different recipe's.
so if anyone could just link some guides i be very thanks full.
thanks for reading Very happy.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 10/24/2011 11:20:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Purges
#3 Posted : 10/24/2011 11:23:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you want to extract it or brew it? If you extract you could get around a gram of Spice which would be sufficient for extensive experimentation Very happy
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

frosty
#4 Posted : 10/24/2011 11:27:19 AM
james

depends which way easier for me I'm new to this so easiest guide will do thanks guys

Purges
#5 Posted : 10/24/2011 11:39:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well assuming you want to extract and smoke, this TEK is about as easy as it gets, and I reliably get around 1% yields with it: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Noman%27s_tek

Should you want to brew, for a longer lasting experience, I would refer to the Ayahuasca section, there are also cold water extraction teks which basically involve leaving the mimosa in cold water for a few weeks and then drinking that, there are many options open to you Smile

frosty
#6 Posted : 10/24/2011 11:45:08 AM
james

thanks man really appreciate it might try the brew method that might be easiest

Purges
#7 Posted : 10/24/2011 11:55:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Smoking may be a better option first time round, as it's over quickly, if you over do or don't like the brew, you're gonna have to deal with it for hours. But I don't want to push a method that you don't want to use, just my opinion.

frosty
#8 Posted : 10/24/2011 12:05:52 PM
james

ahh k. if i do norman's tek guide reckon you could help me out add me on msn or facebook.

prob need the extra help im rlly bad with chemistry

endlessness
#9 Posted : 10/24/2011 12:14:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Read the faq and a few different teks, spend a few days/weeks reading it all, using the FAQ and forum search function to find answers to questions you might have..

We are here ready to help you out if you cant find answers, but you have to do your part. I mean, think about it, all the important things in life, you have to make an effort to achieve/maintain them. Cooking food can be harder than extracting alkaloids. You just have to generally understand what you're doing, no need to be a chemist, most of us arent. All the information you would ever need is in this community

Good luck!

d*l*b
#10 Posted : 10/24/2011 12:14:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do not worry about messing up with extracting from MHRB. Most of the DMT extraction teks on this site are very forgiving. If you work with Nomanβ€˜s tek it’s very hard to get it wrong. You need no prior chemistry experience to extract.

Follow the steps in the tek exactly and you will be fine. If you have any questions during extraction we are all here to help.
D × V × F > R

frosty
#11 Posted : 10/24/2011 12:18:39 PM
james

ok thanks guy Very happy

Purges
#12 Posted : 10/24/2011 1:19:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

frosty wrote:
ahh k. if i do norman's tek guide reckon you could help me out add me on msn or facebook.

prob need the extra help im rlly bad with chemistry

Due to the nature of what we do here, I'm not giving out any revealing personal info, sorry. Feel free to drop me a PM if you like though Smile It is as easy as following a recipe though, I am by no means a chemist.

jamie
#13 Posted : 10/24/2011 5:13:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

No you cannot MAKE DMT with mimosa powder. You can EXTRACT it though.
Long live the unwoke.

wisperlokote
#14 Posted : 1/6/2019 12:48:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Location: Land of the Lost at the bottom of the golden bear state
hello,dont know if i this is correct thread to post but i need help as well.
im about to extract 100g powdered m.tenuiflora. i have attempted extracts in the past years with different variety of plants that fall in acacia/mimmosa/anadenathera category plants but i dont think i have achieved extracting dmt yet either because the species ive extracted are non active or im doing something wrong although i spend time researching reading about active dmt/other tryptamines plants and sources and experiment with the plants that i gather around my town. since im not a vet nor chemist, and neither have i experienced dmt yet; only shrooms,bromo dragonfly ,and lsd.
wisperlokote attached the following image(s):
WIN_20190105_16_54_34_Pro.jpg (258kb) downloaded 185 time(s).
WIN_20190105_16_50_41_Pro.jpg (260kb) downloaded 178 time(s).

AcaciaConfusedYah
#15 Posted : 1/6/2019 2:40:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Hi wisperlokote,

It would probably be helpful to start a thread, and explain the methods you've used or what you plan to use.

Quote:

hello,dont know if i this is correct thread to post but i need help as well.
im about to extract 100g powdered m.tenuiflora. i have attempted extracts in the past years with different variety of plants that fall in acacia/mimmosa/anadenathera category plants but i dont think i have achieved extracting dmt yet either because the species ive extracted are non active or im doing something wrong although i spend time researching reading about active dmt/other tryptamines plants and sources and experiment with the plants that i gather around my town. since im not a vet nor chemist, and neither have i experienced dmt yet; only shrooms,bromo dragonfly ,and lsd.

That's probably the extent of information that is relevant to extractions. The rest, while it's your opinion, is slightly off topic to the original poster's question. If you'd like to talk about that, I would suggest starting a different thread to discuss that material.

Also, it makes it very difficult to read when the entire post is one paragraph. You can easily edit it, and adjust the post so that is has a little bit better flow and spacing between the paragraphs - but I think you'll get a better response if you make a new thread, and give all the details about the extraction.

If you want to talk about the other stuff - I, personally, would not include it in an extraction thread. It will make the flow of discussion very sporadic and some folks may feel less inclined to participate.

Either way: Welcome, and I wish you well on your journey.

Take Care,
ACY
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

wisperlokote
#16 Posted : 1/6/2019 4:31:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yep, kind of thought that. wanted to share in a way my intro. totally right , it is one paragraph. it is because the computer im using is missing keys and kind of messed up keyboard. that makes it difficult for me to type correctly specially when theres a lot to say and explain.
Will edit though and correct it. thank you and i will post pics of the extraction im working on now with that powder mimosa.t. thanks again.this shows my powdered bark in citric acid and salt solution. 50 g mhrb, 200g to 200ml heat baths for about 2 hrs then added 30g to 100 ml water and added that to my mix.i will let it salt out for about 3 hrs then i will basefy , im following cybs hybrid tek.
second pic is my basified solutoion with naphtha i will wait a lil over one hour to pull. although my solvent did not turn cloudy much, im wondering if it needs more lye. tek says for 50 g mhrb use 50 lye i did 15g over just to make sure but still my basified solution turned dark brown not very much black but dark. did i do something wrong. should i just wait to do my pull?
wisperlokote attached the following image(s):
WIN_20190105_20_56_40_Pro.jpg (275kb) downloaded 153 time(s).
WIN_20190106_03_24_04_Pro.jpg (278kb) downloaded 139 time(s).

AcaciaConfusedYah
#17 Posted : 1/7/2019 9:34:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey wisperlokote,

Thumbs up
I have a few questions that may help me verify a few things.
Quote:
50 g mhrb, 200g to 200ml heat baths for about 2 hrs then added 30g to 100 ml water and added that to my mix.i will let it salt out for about 3 hrs then i will basefy

The values that are bold - what are you adding, specifically? Is that 200 grams of citric acid? 200 grams of salt, 200 grams of.....? And the same goes for the 30 g value. What, specifically, are you adding to the mix?

SO, you said you used 50 + 15 (65) grams of lye. It usually does turn dark. It may not always be pitch black. But, depending on what the values represent, from the quote above, it may be hard to say. I am assuming the 30 g is probably sodium chloride (regular salt).... but I don't know what the 200 grams would be...

If you added 200 grams of citric acid, then that's likely going to cause an excess amount of base that you'll need in order to neutralize all the acid. Without a pH meter, or pH strips, it is going to be very difficult to give you advice how to add the amount of base needed to get to the desired pH.

The pic seems normal. The second one looks like you've got the two layers - maybe a little bit less naphtha than I prefer to use per pull... but all methods are different. Are you still having concerns?

Take Care,
ACY

DansMaTete
#18 Posted : 1/7/2019 10:04:06 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

Mimosa Tenuiflora is the right tree (Mimosa Hostilis) but very often this name is used when the bark is from the trunk/branch which doesn't contain DMT but is used to treat skin. Root's bark is the one useful to extract DMT.
Which one is yours ?

« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

wisperlokote
#19 Posted : 1/8/2019 12:24:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
If you added 200 grams of citric acid, then that's likely going to cause an excess amount of base that you'll need in order to neutralize all the acid. Without a pH meter, or pH strips, it is going to be very difficult to give you advice how to add the amount of base needed to get to the desired pH.

hey there ACY, thanks for getting back at me. Sure thing, i did 50 g powdered root bark. 1)200g citric acid crystals to 200 mL, first i dissolved the citric acid to heated water not boiling. After my solute was ready i added the powdered bark to acidic solution.I then let it sit in heatbath for about 2hrs, shaking and stirring every 15-20 min.
After that i prepared 30 g natural sea salt to about 175mL warm water. Then i added that to my solution and let the mix sit for another hour and half.
Then i prepared my basic solution 50g 100% sodium hydroxide to 200mL cool water and gave it about an hour wait.Finally i did my pull with like 75 mL naphtha but it never turned white.Today i checked because i sat overnight in freezer but i saw no precipitation so back in it went. From then up until right now i have started 2 more extractions one stb the other a/b liquid extraction. i did several pulls up until now and started different experiments with a few of my pulls and i notice change of color in naphtha one went light yellow very little fogginess. that being the stb. im still on the liquid liquid extraction and i have just finished salting it.(just before post). i will allow my solution sit in heat baths for 2 to 3 hours on low.
will stay posted.

Quote:
Mimosa Tenuiflora is the right tree (Mimosa Hostilis) but very often this name is used when the bark is from the trunk/branch which doesn't contain DMT but is used to treat skin. Root's bark is the one useful to extract DMT.
Which one is yours ?

it is root bark. not from the trunk. only root.

AcaciaConfusedYah
#20 Posted : 1/8/2019 3:19:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey wisper.....

I think I see the issue.... If I'm not mistaken.... you need maybe 200 mg of citric acid. Not 200 grams. SO, in future ventures, you definitely don't need that much acid. You likely had to neutralize a lot of acid, and even then.... 200 grams of citric acid is almost a 1 Molar solution. That's way too much acid for the lysing step.

200 milligrams should be plenty. Razz

Anyways, can't undo the acid that you've already added, but you probably need to get a pH probe/meter or some pH strips (or litmus) paper. Once you know the approximate pH of the mix, then you can at least factor the pH out of the mystery of "no DMT."

Take Care,
ACY