We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Handy trick to reduce nausea [from doctor friend] Options

rawmo
#1 Posted : 1/22/2011 10:46:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey there,

Got pointed out a trick to reduce nausea from the brew (e.g. Tannins).
[This is a technique popularised in Victorian times, (but not for Aya...)]

Stimulation of the Vagus nerve to induce the stomach to empty contents into the intestine.

Basically, wet your fingers and rub behind the lower part of your ears where it is not bone after you have all contents downed.
This induces the Vagus nerve to tell the stomach to open the pyloric sphincter and drop contents into the small intestine.

Then you can't throw it up and lose the actives : )
Of course you can still technically purge psychosomatically in theory (dry wretch), but at least wont have to top up.
[but so far out of 3, none have)

Worked for the 2 doctors who tried it [and 3 so far in tests].

hope that helps some,

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Mydriasis
#2 Posted : 1/23/2011 12:12:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Fascinating thanks for sharing.
It's been fun. Thanks for all the wisdom.

corpus callosum
#3 Posted : 1/23/2011 1:59:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Vagal nerve stimulation doesnt only have effects on the rate of gastric emptying;it can also drop the blood pressure and slow the heart rate down-this can be used therapeutically to abort certain cardiac tachyarrythmias.

Some peoples vagus nerve (at the carotid sinus) are very sensitive to being massaged and can lead to collapse from a drop in BP and heart rate.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

LawnMan
#4 Posted : 1/23/2011 2:23:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

About how long should you massage the area?

rawmo
#5 Posted : 1/25/2011 11:06:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

LawnMan wrote:
About how long should you massage the area?

Till you feel your guts drop ; )

Nah, the doctors did about 15 -20 mins, with a rub for a min or 2 @ the beginning and then for 5-10 secs every minute or so [but they may have been getting bored of doing it so slowed down]

hope that helps

Eranik
#6 Posted : 1/26/2011 5:10:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice trick, thanks for sharing.
Though I didn't get the "where it is not bone" correctly, (My ear is all bone lol ) I was able to feel the effects in my stomach after just 20 seconds of rubbing, so I'm doing it right.
Disclaimer: All of these posts are of a fictitious nature only. Their author is known to be a pathological attention-seeking ADHD liar and he/she should NOT be taken seriously in any way. Do not trust anything he/she says because it is simply untrue.

Global
#7 Posted : 1/26/2011 5:24:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

OMG Stop This is mind blowing to me. For some reason when I'm on pharma, my hands naturally grip that area. I never knew why they would very mindfully want to linger around there, but I wonder if it has any relation to instinctively stimulating the vagal nerve :idea:
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Jorkest
#8 Posted : 1/26/2011 6:44:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

also remember that you CANT purge out actives after this..so if you are going to use this method make sure you are prepared for anything...

purging is a great way of helping an overdose but this negates that effect..just food for thought
it's a sound

fragaria
#9 Posted : 1/26/2011 8:53:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow, thanks for sharing! I never heard that before. Very useful tip indeed Smile

vovin
#10 Posted : 1/26/2011 9:24:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

You talking about the ear lobe? Your description of where confuses me a little.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

BloodShotEyes
#11 Posted : 2/3/2011 11:22:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I would also like to find out if possible if i understand it correctly.

Basically, just to use wet fingers to rub on ear lobes for a few minutes?

If that really works, that is truly amazing. I can't even begin to start thinking of possibilities here..

Ljosalfar
#12 Posted : 2/3/2011 11:35:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Not the earlobes.
This from WIKIPEDIA:
Quote:
Both right and left vagus nerves ascend to the brain in the carotid sheath, lateral to the carotid artery.

...plus much more - the vagus nerve is a major nerve controlling all sorts of shit - please be careful.
L
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard P. Feynman

godling
#13 Posted : 2/3/2011 11:49:02 PM

Winnie the Pooh

so is it the ear lobes?? or what... if it's the ear lobes,, umm i have gauges... so just pull on them??...
everything posted by godling is false information.. just imagination at work

I am learning not to search for eve anymore but to just 'be' with her for she is already the other half of my soul and one day we'll organically meet as we reach across the cosmos to one another..now comes the light of love

shine as bright as the flame in the pupil of my eye

BloodShotEyes
#14 Posted : 2/3/2011 11:57:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ljosalfar wrote:
Not the earlobes.
This from WIKIPEDIA:
Quote:
Both right and left vagus nerves ascend to the brain in the carotid sheath, lateral to the carotid artery.

...plus much more - the vagus nerve is a major nerve controlling all sorts of shit - please be careful.
L

Yeah, i looked it up on Wikipedia but still a no go for me.. how should i say this.. i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed Wink

blue_velvet
#15 Posted : 2/4/2011 1:57:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

godling wrote:
so is it the ear lobes?? or what... if it's the ear lobes,, umm i have gauges... so just pull on them??...

I'm assuming it's that soft part where your jaw/neck meet your earlobe. It feels like a kind of dimple, right behind your lobe. It's a commonly known pressure point. Someone correct me if that's not the spot.

godling
#16 Posted : 2/5/2011 12:33:05 AM

Winnie the Pooh

ahhh ok... will definitely be trying that this weekend.. so swim says
everything posted by godling is false information.. just imagination at work

I am learning not to search for eve anymore but to just 'be' with her for she is already the other half of my soul and one day we'll organically meet as we reach across the cosmos to one another..now comes the light of love

shine as bright as the flame in the pupil of my eye

toxic8
#17 Posted : 12/25/2012 3:02:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

vovin wrote:
You talking about the ear lobe? Your description of where confuses me a little.

Agree, clarification would be great if anyone could chime in. Is a little ambiguous to me as well.

I first thought earlobes, but 'lower part of your ears' sounds like, yes, that fleshy part behind your earlobe where the earlobe meets your neck.

Any specifics ... fire away Very happy

Rideronthewheel
#18 Posted : 12/26/2012 4:00:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I believe it's the crease between the jaw and the skull bone directly behind the ear. If you apply pressure in that area right under the ear in the crease, you'll feel pain. This area is a pressure point used in martial arts, though I never knew anything else about it or its name. If you karate shop or kick someone there it will hurt real bad.

Really cool and useful information. Thanks. I'm a little curious why stimulation via pressure communicates a signal to body regions. Interesting nonetheless.