We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Followed noman's guide. It's out from the freezer now what? Options

illerrre
#1 Posted : 7/26/2008 8:15:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So the naphtha's been in the freezer now overnight. Now what? In the guide it says i should pour the naptha in a coffee filter and get all the naphtha and the crystals and stuff from the jar in the coffee filter. Thing is it's all frozen (except alot of naphtha). So what to do? Is it possible to just let it evaporate in the jar and skip the coffee filter?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

notapillow
#2 Posted : 7/26/2008 8:19:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

if you do it quick the crysttals should come off without toon much force. dont go sending them fing all over the kitchen tho
just use a knife or rubber spatula and scrape them then pour it quickly

swim trying an evap nopw in a shot glass but im not sure how good of an idea it is

atheistpeace
#3 Posted : 7/26/2008 8:23:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

naphtha shouldn't freeze at all. if there is large masses of frozen liquid on the bottom that means there is water in there. If its crystals which are "frozen" just pour the naphtha through a filter and scrape the crystals out with a rubber spatula and put on a plate to dry. evaporation can take weeks and the product won't be as pure.

illerrre
#4 Posted : 7/26/2008 8:27:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hm, I think I failed big time... How is it supposed to look like when it comes out the freezer? I could see some yellow (not much at all) in some jars, but after I poured the naphtha in the coffee filter i couldn't see anything.

illerrre
#5 Posted : 7/26/2008 8:28:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

atheistpeace wrote:
naphtha shouldn't freeze at all. if there is large masses of frozen liquid on the bottom that means there is water in there. If its crystals which are "frozen" just pour the naphtha through a filter and scrape the crystals out with a rubber spatula and put on a plate to dry. evaporation can take weeks and the product won't be as pure.

Is it all ruined if I got water in it?

Noman
#6 Posted : 7/26/2008 8:42:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

illerrre wrote:

Is it all ruined if I got water in it?

Naw.
It sounds like there wasn't a high enough concentration of alks to precip.
Put everything (water too) back into the bark solution, add a little NP, and do the three agitations again.
Separate and evap the NP down by 1/3 or1/2 or to the point where it gets cloud.
Now throw it in the freezer and give it a couple of days.
Sorry, that whole "snow globes overnight" part was written back when commonly available bark was cheap and yielded like mad.

moracca
#7 Posted : 11/25/2008 1:00:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Noman wrote:
Sorry, that whole "snow globes overnight" part was written back when commonly available bark was cheap and yielded like mad.
what do you mean by that? Is it no longer common to see the dmt precipitating out after a night? IME, i can see it begin to precipitate after an hour or so, and after leaving it in overnight, i notice much more precipitation. Leaving it in multiple days may make a LITTLE more fall out, but I haven't noticed that great of a difference. Just wondering if this is normal or not. Is the bark available now generally a poorer quality than it once was?

lowjackal
#8 Posted : 12/6/2008 4:28:02 AM

PuddinTane

What are the quantities here too expect to see xtals forming and not just a gummy precipitate that one needs to decant off the naptha and scrape it out for collection?
"Keep your friends close and your enemies dismembered."
Lowjackal original quote

travinski
#9 Posted : 12/6/2008 6:11:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

how much, bark ,how much lye, how much naptha, if you followed nomans tek all the ratios would be good. your only probs would be too much naptha or freezer not cold enough. and if your freezer isnt cold enough you can fix it by evapping your naptha.....ive had crystals forming at room temp during recrystall, evap your solvent down freeze precip and then run through a coffee filter scrape out the goods and then evap the rest of your solvent and put whatever oils and residue u scrape up in your recrystallization shotglass and do a recrystal on everything. over and over till nothing falls out of your shotglass. youll end up with a gob of reddy black goo on the bottom of your shotglass
travinski is an alter ego and not a real person, i also like to play dress up when im not playing fictional chemist