We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
SERIOUS WARNING ABOUT USING SODIUM HYDROXIDE IN THE US Options

narmz
#21 Posted : 8/1/2009 4:46:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
All SWIM’s friends are now using sodium carbonate and are getting very good yields.

Could you point SWIM to some tek's explaining the use of sodium carbonate as a replacement for sodium hydroxide? Does this require a soxhlet or could the herbal percolator be used? Thanks!
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Dorge
#22 Posted : 10/17/2009 3:44:45 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

hehheh... this last post is gold...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

Noman
#23 Posted : 10/17/2009 4:35:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

magic clown wrote:
Can you ever imagine a world where car battries and table salt were suspicious items?

How to easily make sodium hydroxide

Here's how: put two bowls side by side fill each one with a super-saturated salt solution(NaCl).Use rock salt(any pharmacy)cause table salt is iodized.Bridge the two bowls with a rag or towel that's wet with the same saturated solution(to cunduct electricity from one bowl to the other)put the positive of a car battery charger with carbon or graphite rod connected to it in one bowl and the negative also with carbon or graphite rod in the other one.Power up,you'll see bubbles coming off the carbon rods.I don't remember if it's the positive or the negative,but one of the two is chlorine gas(very toxic so do this outdoors) that's the salt losing the chlorine atoms and they're being replaced by oxygen and hydrogen(OH) that are binding to the sodium giving you NaOH and what was a salt solution is now a lye solution.evap it and collect your lye crystals .Leave the power on till no more bubbles come off the rods by the way.It's as easy as that

Unfortunately, I can.

But I digress.
Great post and great procedure.
Makes me think that a "Supplies Procurement and Manufacture" forum might not be a bad idea.
At least a sticky thread with where people can mess with it and compare results.

MagikVenom
#24 Posted : 10/17/2009 4:46:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the heads up but swim just goes to Lows(like Home Depo) buys one at a time with other house hold items and pays cash. Swim has acquired enough to last quite some time. Since the kitchen sink seems to be clogged with grease, the shower drain plugged up with hair you can never have enough drain cleaner. It really sucks having long hair its a constant battle to keep the drain clean.Wink

PEACE
MV

PerPLexED
#25 Posted : 10/18/2009 7:28:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

PerPLexED reckons a new sub-thread under safety should be created: Pretzels, soap, and shirt dying. He isn't sure what DMT is, but he wandered to this site when he found many people talking about soap making and shirt dying but he can't find any good teks!

He also says, be careful no matter what. Even if you don't do anything illegal, you can be in jail waiting to prove your innocence (what happened to innocent until proven guilty), lots of valuables destroyed/stolen from authorities. It's as simple as them getting ticked off, you getting cuffed, and having no money to get out, no money for a lawyer, and losing years of your life even if in all actuality, youre doing nothing illegal.

Not sure about other states, but in california,
Quote:
its considered paraphernalia to be in possession of something that can be used for illegal substances
(this has been told straight from 2 cops when asking if it was legal to smoke hookah in a public place). Now, the way perplexed sees it, this is to cover if someone has -obviously- been using but has no more on them so the police can take them away for having the device to smoke it. So, if someone gets a really dickwad cop, even cigarettes can be used to make joints therefore they are paraphernalia. Although this won't happen, little things like this can screw ANYONE over.

Things PerPLexED has done to avoid being red flagged is not doing things to get red flagged.
He has a blogspot for him and his friends party business, where they will dye shirts and print interesting artwork on it.
Also, perplexed has been very interested in handywork and works with a company(volunteer) to earn experience. He is very sensitive, and anyone watching him work will cause psychotic episodes and trigger deep psychological issues. This being said, he buys his NAOH from the dog that works with the company via cash. Also, he doesn't volunteer.
"We are the analogies we believe." - PerPLexED

PerPLexED is a confused fictional creature.
He doesn't know that he is fictional.
He doesn't know what fiction is.
He doesn't know anything, really.
But strives to know it all.

DMTripper
#26 Posted : 10/26/2009 2:22:41 AM

John Murdoch IV

I just very fortunate not to be in the US. This is sick.
I live 20 min. walk from a store that sells in it's shelves pure lye and naptha cheap Smile
Happy happy joy joy! Very happy
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

MagikVenom
#27 Posted : 11/7/2009 9:46:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Spiceman wrote:
MagikVenom wrote:

Thanks for the heads up but swim just goes to Lows(like Home Depo) buys one at a time with other house hold items and pays cash. Swim has acquired enough to last quite some time. Since the kitchen sink seems to be clogged with grease, the shower drain plugged up with hair you can never have enough drain cleaner. It really sucks having long hair its a constant battle to keep the drain clean.Wink

PEACE
MV

Lowes here stopped carrying it about 8 months ago. That shit in the white can with a yellow label was great quality Naoh. I might could give some trusted members some decent directions to safe online usa vendors if they need it. At my discretion. PM me ...

No more ROBIC at Lowes I am glad I stocked up! for a few years!

benzyme
#28 Posted : 11/20/2009 12:32:40 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

MagikVenom wrote:
Spiceman wrote:
MagikVenom wrote:

PEACE
MV

Lowes here stopped carrying it about 8 months ago. That shit in the white can with a yellow label was great quality Naoh. I might could give some trusted members some decent directions to safe online usa vendors if they need it. At my discretion. PM me ...

No more ROBIC at Lowes I am glad I stocked up! for a few years!

some lowes stores still sell it, a macac saw the shelf stocked full of crystal drain cleaner.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Pokey
#29 Posted : 11/20/2009 3:21:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tractor Supply also still carries Roebic Very happy

PREV12